Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Houston Area Gym Challenge 6/25/05

Team Cook

Originally Posted by Team Cook
(Originally posted in TCG News...)

Shenandoah, TX -- June 8, 2005

Mayor David J. Vetter, Jr. and City of Shenandoah council members, along with representatives of The Woodlands Pokémon League, attended the ceremony for the official proclamation declaring June 25, 2005 as official "SHENANDOAH POKEMON DAY" in honor of the Houston Area Gym Challenge to be held on that day at the Shenandoah Conference Center.

Mike Cook, PTO and League Leader of The Woodlands Pokémon League and Dustin Ferguson, manager of The Woodlands Wal-Mart were honored by the City of Shenandoah. 56 league members crowded City Hall in support of this resolution.

With this said.... Ladies and Gentlemen.... Team Cook proudly presents.....

The Houston Area Gym Challenge

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Shenandoah Conference Center
(in the Shenandoah Municipal Complex)
29955 I-45 North
Shenandoah, TX 77381

9:00 AM -- Doors Open

9:30 AM -- Registration Opens (Gym Challenge & GBA Events)

10:30 AM -- Early Bird Raffles Begin

11:00 AM -- GBA Events

1:00 PM -- Gym Challenge TCG Tournament

Door Prize Drawings before EVERY round!

Pokémon Contests throughout the day!

One Hour Lunch Break (at the end of Round 3)

It's back!! PokéBall Grab (at the end of Swiss Rounds)

Promos and freebies for everyone!

Alright kiddos! Team Cook has been real busy cooking all this up for you!

Check back often. I will release details as they are finalized....

Wait till you hear about the DOOR PRIZES!!!!!!

Last edited:
~~Notice...Notice...Notice~~

For all of you Houstonites, Master Professor Birch will be playing in this event!!! So, all of you that play in the "15-Over" age group, there is no reason for you to show up. MP Birch will rule this age group and win the "Invitation & Trip" to "Worlds '05". Sorry, to bust your bubble but that is the way that it is!!!

MP Birch

PS: If by some flute that someone does beat me in a match, MP Birch will sign one of his cards that will state, "I beat MP Birch at the Houston GC".

Last edited:
mewsmom said:
You do own a Purple Pen or should I bring my own??

~mewsmom~

Save your "gas money". If you are lucky enough to play MP Birch, it will be over rather quickly and painlessly for you. I do own a purple pen, but I won't need it.

MP Birch

PS: Is there such a word as "painlessly"???

MP Birch- You do KNOW the tourney is modified-ulimited is not allowed!

What would hurt more- Me or Header beating you? Dale said he'll play 15+ if he has to take you on for being a meanie to his momma. You know he loves Yellow.

So bring a Red & Purple pen just to be safe.

Last edited:
mewsmom said:

What would hurt more- Me or Header beating you? Dale said he'll play 15+ if he has to take you on for being a meanie to his momma. You know he loves Yellow.

So bring a Red & Purple pen just to be safe.

~mewsmom~

You know that you are my favorite PokeMom. But, who is Header??? Is that ya'll dog??? I will bring a rainbow of colors of pens for you to sign for me.

MP Birch

mewsmom said:

Darn, it's been sooooo long since Erika's Jigglypuff came out to play! :cool:

I vote we have an official-like Unlimited tournament after the Gym Challenge is over! Mwahahahahahaha!!!

Alright Birch, you might want to look out for all The Woodlands parents. I have a few that are learning and it would be a shame, or maybe a good laugh, if one were to beat you. Oh, and bring those cookies and cupcakes with you. I'll be hungry.

P.S. Please don't tell me it was you that baked the cookies. That's just to much information.

Last edited:
Team Cook said:
Are you ready to win a trip to the 2005 World Championships?

Houston Area Gym Challenge

June 25, 2005 / 12:00 Main Tournament

*** Details coming soon ***

How bad do you want this trip?

It's been a long time ever since I've been to Woodland (Ever since I've been to any place over a 2 hour drive) but I will more than likely be attending this (If it wasn't like last years stadium challenge and is on the day of my vacation)

Now *Goes off to find my vacation date*

Last edited:
Hey, birch, we'll probably be at the last table and I'll jump up and start screaming "I beat him, I beat him!!!" Okay, you said that first, I admit.

What? Are we gonna be blessed by the best female player in the state of Texas? Tracy Cho comin' to town? It would be great to see you. Come on down and enjoy the fun.

I hope I can go, O well it is a long drive.
"Bashamo" my Torchic doll will be there if go.

Tracy may be the best Pokémon TCG Player in TX in 11-14....

But we all know that homeofmew is the best Martial Artist amoung ALL TX Pokémon TCG Players :p.... Yes better than Seth too, and Sarah (2nd TX States 11-14) ...

note to all: All who have Torchic cards I will be signing Torchic cards. If you really want to be technical have the emerald torchic that makes the defending to to sleep (ZZZ) [for all who don't remember I played Wigglytuff EX for a while] (ZZZ). I will NOT sign your card homeofmew however, this has stirred up some stuff though...

Last edited:
Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting..........She was as fast as lightning.........She could sign a Torchic or two.........how many boards can she break, more than a few. She was justa Kung Fu fighting............She was fast as lightning.

Signing everyones Torchic? You're too easy. At least MPB makes em' beat him first before he signs anything. See ya at Gym. I know you can make it.

MP Birch Can Write Songs Too!!!!

***MP Birch Is Coming To Town***
( To the tune of "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town")

MP Birch is coming to town...
He going to beat all of you clowns...
And take you "Worlds '05" away!!!

There no use to waste your gas...
We all know that he is the head of the class!!!

And this time he ain't just stopping at Shenandoak's "Hooters"...
He bringing his deck and wiping out PokePlayers just like "Roto-rooter!!!

MP Birch is coming to town... (Get low now)
MP Birch is coming to town... (Ok, Big Finish!!!)
To take your "WORLDS" away!!!

MP Birch

*Note: Do not try this at home...MP Birch is a trained professor-al...at something.)

Last edited:
So we can add Christmas Carols to the Request list of MP Birch songs.

Xerogravity wrote that song for you :eek:

You not the only one with musical talent & he's still a kid!!

Last edited:
Naw, mewsmom. Not even Xero-Gravity would put a Christmas song out in May. Everyone knows were in Crawfish season now. That's just Birch, stuck in time again. You know, he's getting old, he's always a few months behind. We just need to make sure he's aware that we're "laughing WITH him, not AT him".

Ok we can't let Birch win now at ALL COSTS!
someone please figure out a way to beat em!
Well of course Blast Ex kills anyone first turn since Squit Candy Blast 4 energy is 7 cards :O! Nice Kung Fu song, and it is not christmas either.. 3 months untill my birthday and your singing for chistmas? Yes everyone who wants a torchic signed I will sign them. I also MAY sign Sabinas and Mews... However Sabrinas ESP your gonna have to beat me to get a signed that, those are teh RARE!
Next year I demand a 21st BD party (August 9th 2006) But hey I won't be a teen anymore this year! yay for that!

I wouldn't worry too much about MP Birch. He's like "a little kid with a new toy". He's been working so many tournaments and now he can finally play. He'll be so excited "like a little kid in a candy store". I'm thinking we might put him in the 10 & under group. let him get his feet wet. I'm not sure if he'll even make the playoffs, but he'll have fun with the experience of the game. I'll tell my under 10's to take it easy on him for the first few rounds. If he manages to do well, we'll get him a Happy Meal and a cupcake. Mama Birch will be so excited. And of course, we'll be so proud.

Last edited:
Do NOT underestimate MPBirch. I remember him playing in a tournament last season at CGB that he did quite well in.

Back