Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Houston Gym: June 4th, NOT May 28th

Team Cook

The Houston are Gym Challenge is scheduled for June 4th.

It will be held at the Holiday Inn Express (The Woodlands).

Time: 1:00 pm start.

Remember: I LIKE door prizes.

More information later.

Last edited:
so the date is changed then.... hmmm.... 3 days after i turn 21.... not sure if i will be sober by then lol j/k....hopefully i can make this

Did the date just get changed from 5/28 to 6/4? I was looking forward to a pokemon weekend in May.:frown: Oh well, just have to make plans to travel the following weekend.:rolleyes: Hey Mike, if you need judges let me know, I'll help you out.:biggrin:

GUERO51 said:
Did the date just get changed from 5/28 to 6/4? I was looking forward to a pokemon weekend in May.:frown: Oh well, just have to make plans to travel the following weekend.:rolleyes: Hey Mike, if you need judges let me know, I'll help you out.:biggrin:

Yes, it got changed from May 28th.

Yes, I need judges, I'll pm you.

I really wanted the Pokemon Weekend with San Antonio but my local player base spoke up and I listened. It's just not a good weekend for The Woodlands / Houston. Too much going on.

Side Note: Looking for Staff for this Saturday (May 6) at Space Center Houston. You'll get 6 booster packs an hour for helping out. PM me only regarding staff. Don't post on this thread regarding staff.

Well, I was looking forward to the weekend in May as well. Guess I will have to see how things go now. Much harder to plan a weekend that takes me in two different directions. I know I could do it but my nephew might be too pooped from going to Oklahoma one. Good luck.

Looks like I'm having a Pokemon weekend! 6/3/2006 is Oklahoma City, so I'll make a good drive to Woodlands if I don't win.

Expect a certain invader from the East, and try to defend Texas if I'm not there :D

Team Cook said:
Yes, it got changed from May 28th.

Yes, I need judges, I'll pm you.

I really wanted the Pokemon Weekend with San Antonio but my local player base spoke up and I listened. It's just not a good weekend for The Woodlands / Houston. Too much going on.

Side Note: Looking for Staff for this Saturday (May 6) at Space Center Houston. You'll get 6 booster packs an hour for helping out. PM me only regarding staff. Don't post on this thread regarding staff.

WOW! I know the locals should be more important then travelers, but with gas prices as they are, I think this just shut down THE Texas trip for the Lynch Mob. Sad for us in many ways, but I'm sure many are happy if we don't show up.

But anyway GL to all if we don't pull off a miracle to say it in person.

Ahhhhh, it seems you've forgotten that 15+ is the smallest group down in South Texas. 3 players from the Lynch Mob in 15+ would give you some good odds at this tournament, especially since I'll snag a couple of the better players for judging.

Tempting?

Team Cook said:
Ahhhhh, it seems you've forgotten that 15+ is the smallest group down in South Texas. 3 players from the Lynch Mob in 15+ would give you some good odds at this tournament, especially since I'll snag a couple of the better players for judging.

Tempting?

Is it Mike? Didn't 15+ have the most people in it at regionals?

Regardless, once again, I'll rambo it if I can, and if I can't, I can't =(

Yes Patriarch, Regionals did have 99 in 15 +. The majority of them were travellers. The core group in the Houston area is somewhat small (although it may not be small compared to other areas). We get good attendance at our events because we have lots of players in The Woodlands area, but the majority of them are in the two younger age groups. We just don't have much in the 15+. As we continue to grow, our 15+ age group is growing too, but our focus remains on the kids.

So, while we have quite a few dominant players in the younger age groups, we just don't have much in 15+.

So, come on down....

Forget gas prices! Throw caution to the wind!

Come join in on all the fun.

You're all welcome!

You know me, I like a packed house.

Last edited:
hey how is it houston if it's in woodlands lol. well looks like i'm going to san antonio and dallas sorry team cook can't makre it

Absoltrainer said:
hey how is it houston if it's in woodlands lol. well looks like i'm going to san antonio and dallas sorry team cook can't makre it

It's the Houston area.

Absoltrainer said:
aww man i am going to be in dallas for an engineering camp *sigh* i can go to the dallas one at least

I understand, school comes first. I 'm happy for you, that you can play in two Gyms. I'll see you at both.

:smile:

Last edited:
Team Cook said:
It's the Houston area.

I understand, school comes first. I 'm happy for you, that you can play in two Gyms. I'll see you at both.

:smile:

You're going to be in Dallas, Big Mike?

Don't judge; try to win yourself an invite to worlds! I'll hook you up with a list :D:D:D

Back