1 scott
2 great ball
2 potion
2 energy search
1 Rare candy ( thats all I got)
1 warp point

26 trainers and supporters

15 fire energy

I choose to run these together because I hope to start off with chimchar and magmar on the bench. I evolve up to infernape while powering Magmortar on the bench. Because Infernape only needs 2 energys, I can use the rest to load up Magmortar and/or Lv. X. After he has a few energys attached to him I can retreat Infernape ( free retreat) and put in Magmortar play him until he faints. After that you play Infernape lv. X, use Flare up to gain back those 8 energys I lost with Magmortar, while handing out 150 damage. If that doesnt work, I will have another Magmortar being prepared on the bench!

What else could I add to make this deck better, I have ran it a few times but with out the Infernape Lv. X? Thanks for advice!

Celio's gets every poké in your deck, while elm's will not get the basics or level Xs, so you should replace elm's with celio's.

I played this deck this past Sunday at City League and I won against a Garchomp, and empoleon decks believe it or not, and a good battle against a Blissey-Delcatty deck. But I had trouble against a Wet Vermin deck. A Honchcrow lv.X-Weavile-Absol deck, I could not setup quick enough! He started with Absol of course I started with Magmar. I went first, Flare for 20. He went next used TGM drew my Magmortar, used Baleful wind, drew my celio's network, and my Magmortar Lv. X all in the same turn, That pretty much ended that match! But I am thinking of adding Absol to my deck to make it a little faster, all it can do is make it better right?

Why don't you use infernape and Typlosion MT couldn't they work better together? And I mean this idea with out Infernape lv.X

Well, Typhlosion isnt as powerful as Magmortar SW, he has a multiple damage attack like Blissey, and you cant beat the built-in potion(poke body), Both Infernape and Magmortar worked well together for me, but just getting them out quick is the problem, so thats why I want to add Absol, to add a twist and some time to set up. You think Charizard and Infernape would work good together, because of the discarding of energys for Charizard, and the enrgy put back by Infernape Lv. X?

try run 2 magmortar MT and a 1 magmortar sw. this formation helps you in the process of discarting energy. Jynx d helps you in the retreat cost of the magmortar

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

magmortar sw is better than mortar MT but mortar MT works well in the infernape engine (no magby)

Last edited:
Do you know if anyone else is playing a deck like this, I added Absol, of course, but I did that because my deck was setting up to slowly against decks like a Honchkrow-weavile-absol deck, but I did good agaist Blisseys, Empoleons(believe it or not), and Garchomps decks. It set up for me well in those. I know speed decks kill, but this deck works well for backing up each pokemon.....and the addition of Absol, I havent played with him yet, but I hope for good things!

just play fire truck man its easy played more and it can win.or why dont you look at ur meta game then make a deck ideas my look good on paper sometime dont work, just play the monkey or mortar and empoleon it work all damege spread.

What about Lucairo and Magmortar?

or Electivire?

Last edited:
for the last time no lucario magmortar, and please go to ebay and get rare candy, at least two more, jynx delta helps alot sorry if i sounded rude

Celio's gets every poké in your deck, while elm's will not get the basics or level Xs, so you should replace elm's with celio's.

yes use celio network

Last edited:
I got 3 rare candy off of ebay over the holiday, I guess they will be in a few days. So What else could I possibly run Mag with, besides fire-types pokemon?

minus two potion and plus two warp point

well ,how abou blissy with no happiny

Last edited:
How would you spread out the energys, both take alot of energy to be dangerous, that why I ran Infernape for when Mag is KO'd I use Flare Up to get my energys back.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back