Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

how did you place at your city championships?

hello all i just want to know what you did in the city championships i played in moore oklahoma city and i took frist place in the whole tourement and i took frist place in the 15+ age group so if you could tell me how you did could you tell me thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Along with my co-gym leader, I ran a City championship, and I'm going to be head judge for another in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. How's that? Yeah, I know, not quite what you were looking for, right?

This belongs in the OP forum...moving.:)

`Sensei

Sorry, but since this isn't really TCG News, moving to the Tournaments and Organized Play forum...*whoosh*

Last edited:
I'm not sure how I did, but I went 3-2.

I played a Gengar (hide in shadows), Jumpluff (Fluff), and Shedinja deck.

I was expecting to bring up Gengar, Hide in Shadows, bring up Jumpluff, avoid all damage, free retreat, then repeat the whole process.

I never got a single Jumpluff out all day! I was running a 3-3-3 line of Jumpluff and got it out 0 times.

Right now, the Gengar/Fossil combo is looking good to me, but I'm still considering keeping the Shedinja in.

Death to Jumpluff!

davechri said:
I'm still considering keeping the Shedinja in.

Don't play Shedinja (I did and it was horrible!). It is bad enough that Electabuzz can kill you even on the bench, but the prolifiration of Zangoose and Ditto makes it an almost hopeless case.

davechri said:
I'm not sure how I did, but I went 3-2.

And beat poor little old phil. :p

I went two-three, in a anti-psychic metagame, running Gardevoir. I should always remember that Renee's league is always running grass or psychic. It's like tradition.

Ryeland deck had Magneton late game. But he included a Cleffa promo. I should've recieved at least a prize for the errors of the deck checkers. If not that... a donut? It's way too early to play Pokemon, IMO.

Khym Villacrusis managed to pump a Sandstorm Pikachu and take all of his prizes with just that card. While I was stuck with three boost energies and no evolutions. Fun stuff.

After that... Gardy started to work again.
-Phil

GymLeaderPhil said:
And beat poor little old phil. :p

Khym Villacrusis managed to pump a Sandstorm Pikachu and take all of his prizes with just that card. While I was stuck with three boost energies and no evolutions. Fun stuff.

The funniest thing about that tournament was the round where I looked around me and saw Phil, Khym, and a couple of other Central Florida top flight players nearby.

If had just awakened from sleeping, I would have thought I was doing GREAT in the tournament surrounded by all these great players.

But we were all on the last table! Ouch! One more loss and we had to go to the other room!

I went 4-1 and third in 11-14 with Wailord/Aggron ex/Furret. Lost to a Gardevoir with both Sentrets in prizes. I have 2 more chances though.

I went 5-1 and took second with Wailord EX / 12 Fossils in Chicago, my only appearance to play since I am running 3.

My son took 1st in 10- using Garde EX/Garde/Wobby/Linoone

My other son took 3rd.

Great for the drive, all the way from St. Louis to Chicago.

See you all in Collinsville!

Meganium45

i went 4-1 with my suprise wailord ex deck at the houston city championships .
although i didn't play with fossils i played a Waliord Ex/Shedinja/Delcatty deck. I went 4-o the first matches and was in first and then i lost in the the first round of the top to a Amphy deck. so i ended up getting 5th . i had alot of fun and no one ever expected to see wailord ex there :) .......

I went 4-2, winning 3rd, and losing to M45 due to some extremely lowsy draws (you do have to admit, if I'd've gotten that 2nd gardy, it'd would've been GG in my favor...)

well everyone i played a blaziken and magecargo ex linoone deck i was 4-2 and i took frist place in the whole tourenment out of 25 players and i took frist in my age group

seems like #1 pokemon just wanted to brag about his first ever win =/

glp, rofl dude, playing is harder than judging isn't it? ;)

and jim, where did you play at ;x

no i didnt want to brag about my frist every win i wanted to know who won where they played and how they did everyone who won has a right to brag if they won at the city championship's because of the compition out there so :p

Raikou,

I played at Delaware, Ohio's CC. Arguably one of, if not the toughest CC, in the country. Chris Fulop, Tom Dolezal, Drew Holton, Dave Marquardt, Ray Wouters, Joel Dixon, The Lathems, Samantha Bittinger and I were all participants. That's not counting the locals. There was a high about of Blaziken. I alone played 5/7 Mirror match games. 4/6 through Swiss. Then lost to one in T8.

I am not bragging about the competition level, but practically anyone I named was a contender for winning the whole thing, so the competition was INSANE. I am EXTREMELY proud of a 3rd place finish. I lost to a random deck with terrible luck in Swiss going 5-1. Then I lost to Tom Dolezal (who ended up winning) in a GREAT Mirror Match.

It was a star-studded event. Kinda like being at Origins minus some of the other obvious "big name gamers."

~Jim Ferrell

Back