Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How do you imagine Pokemon defending themselvers in real life?

NightTerrors

Like what would they do if an animal or another pokemon or a human attacked them? Would they attack with their powers or do something more natural?!
Some of them can run but some are too slow.

How would these pkmn defend? Just type a scenario eg bulbasaur uses Sleep Powder and runs or it uses it's Vine Whip to scare the predator.

Clefable
Wigglytuff
Chansey/Blissey
Gastrodon
Beautifly
Weedle
Any Psychic pokemon
Rock types
Ground types
Starmie
Vaporeon
Audino
Grass Pokemon
Shiftry
Dark pokemon(I am especially curious for this one)

Uh...considering they're all capable of using attacks that would likely qualify as "deadly" to your average human (say Clefable hitting you with a T-bolt, most Rock and/or Ground types being pretty heavy and could squish people or hurl themselves to break bones)...I don't think they'd have much problems.

Of course, what you fail to realize is that this is a videogame, and Pokemon and people get along perfectly fine together in that in-game universe at the present time.

Considering that onix only weighs ~463lbs and is ~28.9ft, on average it's 16.02lbs/ft. Say it body slams you, and about ~4ft of its body make contact with you. That's only 64lbs of force! (using illogical, 1:30am math). Might as well be hit by a kid on a bike.

It's doesn't matter what the Pokemon Defend themselves with because I'm pretty sure the scenario would be:

*Human used M-16 Triple Burst Attack*
*Critical Hit*
*It's Super Effective*
--In between turns--
*Pokemon lost some health due to gaping bullet wound*

granted some rock types might be able to withstand a bullet or two, but their eyes aren't rocks, and grenades don't care what your body is made out of.....

Also Onix or Steelix, I would like you to meet my friend. His name is RPG....or AT4...or Tow Missle. Anti-Tank weapons will take out those pesky Steelix and Golems.

It's doesn't matter what the Pokemon Defend themselves with because I'm pretty sure the scenario would be:

*Human used M-16 Triple Burst Attack*
*Critical Hit*
*It's Super Effective*
--In between turns--
*Pokemon lost some health due to gaping bullet wound*

granted some rock types might be able to withstand a bullet or two, but their eyes aren't rocks, and grenades don't care what your body is made out of.....

Also Onix or Steelix, I would like you to meet my friend. His name is RPG....or AT4...or Tow Missle. Anti-Tank weapons will take out those pesky Steelix and Golems.

What about Gengar? or Muk?

What about Gengar? or Muk?

Use a Pokemon with Foresight
THEN use guns, exposives, etc.

If I don't have access to a Pokemon who can do that, I'll use a Proton Pack (see ghost busters)

As for Muk, Muk doesn't have the ability to regenerate or re-form if it's blown apart. A grenade combined with the fact that 90% of Muk is flammable and explosive sluge and oil and he'll burn to nothing if he catches fire.

Clefable, I guess, would just fight like an animal for its life. She has big,sharp claws and fangs if you notice her sprite and she could easily slash and bite her opponents. Looking at her defenses and HP, she wouldn't be an easy prey either since she is bulky and tough enough to endure damage. She is also kinda a magical,fairy Pokemon so she could float with her magical wings(if she has stored moonlight as Bulbapedia states). But yeah other than that I can't see her doing anything else. She could of course use Metronome with a chance of 98% to kill or damage the predator but I stated in my question that Pokemon's attacks aren't included. So claws,fangs and toughness would be her defense. That's for her predators.
As for survival she has Magic Guard so she wouldn't ever succumb to illness and poison or even burns and weather conditions. Hail,blizzards,sandstorms,extreme cold or heat,atmospheric pressure etc wouldn't threat it as it is magical and its ability prohibits such damage. She would be like the toughest Pokemon in terms of survival.

Wigglytuff, again excluding Hyper Voice etc, would be pretty tough to kill. She is big and again bulky and tough enough to endure a lot of damage(Just see her HP). She can also inflate herself to bigger size so as to scare her predators. And that also works in another way. Just imagine her like an airbag. As soon as the predator closed in she would inflate really fast and hit him. That would be a lights out. Anyway she can also sing to make you fall asleep and then flee or stare at you with her big,haunting eyes(note that the white dot in her eyes isn't her iris but just the reflection of light.Now how creepy is it?) and make you freeze in place till she flees. Her toughness and endurance once again and little defense mechanisms would make her quite hard to kill.

Chansey and Blissey would be really easy to kill since they are fat,slow and they don't have claws or fangs either. Their secret though is their extreme toughness. You know. How are elephants in real life? Something like that. Pokemon would on average need 3-4 bullets to die. They would need 20. I don't know if I am exaggerating but these things are indeed really bulky,tough and durable. Her high Sp.Def means that she would survive extremely well in the wild.Just like Clefable. The only difference is that Clefable wouldn't even get hurt by a blizzard while Blissey WOULD get hurt but she wouldn't get killed. She can endure extreme cold,heat,blizzards,lighting bolts, pressure even fires and every weather condition there is. Her high Sp.Def only means that she survives in nature(Unless her predator is using high tech death rays to kill her hehe..which is a Sp.Att so you do the maths). Her incredibly high HP means that she can survive even with horrific injuries and wounds. She may have been shot several times,stabbed and beaten up but she will still walk with pride. It's actually her life force,willingness to live and toughness. She is tough from nature. That's what makes them a really tough opponent. Try using Crunch or Earthquake or any physical attacks on her which aren't fighting. She takes them like a boss. Blissey's only defense would be her durability and toughness. Also her Softboiled ensures a bigger burden for the predator.

Gastrodon can basically recover damage and regenerate limbs so it would be really hard to kill also. Using Recover it could regenerate lost body parts all the time. Also it can ooze its irritating purple fluid and get away.

Beautifly would just fly away or fight using her long nose/mouth or whatever it is to stab the predator and drink their fluids :lol:

Weedle. Poisonous stinger.

Psychic types would confuse predators and trigger huge,painful headaches. That's enough to disable you. Or mind control them and telepathically tell them to leave them alone.

Rock types would just use their own bodies as a defense since they are rock hard. Just curling up in their shells would be enough. OR of course charge and flatten their predators with their bodies as well.

Ground types would most probably dig underground or cause a small sandstorm around themselves to protect them.

Starmie can also regenerate so it would be hard. It can also spin and hit the predator or just flee and of course confuse them by manipulating light with its gem(Confuse Ray)

Vaporeon can endure lots of damage.It is really bulky and tough. It can also dive in the water and vanish as it can turn invisible in water. Of course it can attack as well like normal animals. Dash and bite and scratch. On land it can melt into water so that's good.

Audino has nothing to protect.Basically just like Blissey. They are like guinea pigs in real life.They don't have any defense either. Anyway, she would just run away and depend on her bulky body and toughness to endure damage.

Grass pokemon would use pollens to poison,make you fall asleep or paralyze. Excluding Pokemon attacks like Energy ball,razor leaf or petal dance etc they would just use pollens and try to blend in the natural environment.

Shiftry can run away(although I don't believe Shiftry would have predators lol). He could slash you with its leaves or create really strong gusts of wind or small tornadoes. And of course as he is a dark type he is very evilly smart and would just run away and reappear from another direction and kill you.

Dark types like I said before would attack furiously and viciously like wolves etc They would attack you when you don't expect it and they would rip you apart mwahaha :)

Anyway as you can see the only kinda easier one would be Audino as it's only 'defense' is its toughness. Blissey is the same but at least Blissey is VERY tough and durable. Audino is quite durable too but it would die at the end.

Also Pokemon would endure more shots. Of course that depends on the Pokemon. Hippowdon would endure many many shots and Blissey as well but a Marill would get killed after a shot. Onix and Steelix would be like almost indestructible and Muk would ONLY die with several explosives. Muk wouldn't get killed by anything else.

Back