Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How do you know when you are ahead of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyogre

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
When you get cards in english as soon as, if not before, when Japan gets them.

By this I mean I was searching the Japanese Pokemon Site and they have these new promos/mini CD combo that feature the same Latios and Latias EX cards that are in EX Dragon! I for one found this particularly odd because this release of cards in a pretty much random mix from anything in Japan is unlike anything I have ever seen in a card game. Do you think Nintendo is just doing random stuff to have fun with its players or do they have a "Master Plan"? And what about the new secret rare Charizard line, are they cards that are not even out in Japan? Maybe we will start to get sets before them?

If you want to see them and their alternate art, click the link below.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/card/index.html

Last edited:
If they are alternate art, then they are different cards. Kinda like how we got promos of the starters which had the same attacks as the regular cards in the sets. I really don't think that we would get cards before japan does. That only happened before with Dark Raichu.

Prime: They have different art but they are the same card. Exact same stats and attacks. Look at the link, you can see for youself.

Goroy: There were Sand Storm Secret Rares?

Like I said before, just because they have the same stats and attacks doesn't make them the same card. The promo cards we got in the leagues, the water/fire/grass starters have the same exact stats and attacks but are different cards.

Okay I will give you that we got some of the cards from ADV 4 before Japan did. Also I checked the japanese spoiler and it seems that the latios and latias promos that came out awhile ago were different.

SO I guess you are right. But just because they had the same attacks and stats was not the reason. We just got them earlier than japan did.

Doesn't anyone think it is possible that the Japanese finish the sets in advance and then they send us the cards? Then we translate the cards and distribute them, then Japan's next set has the same cards. Anyone think this could be a possibility?

Also, about the cards we have never seen in the set such as Skarmory and all the other cards. Don't you also think it is possible Wizards finished Jamboree and never released it and then Nintendo took over the set and released a few cards here and there? After all, we did see a Sneasal ex in Nintendo Power, if I am correct, 5 months before the set was released, which proves they finish the sets in advance.

[CHRISBO EDIT - There is no need to "reply with quotes" if the topic is right above you. Thanks.]

I am not sure but did Jamboree even have Jhoto Pokemon? I always thought that never released set was made up of only Kanto Pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Jamboree was supposed to come out after Legendary Collection. If this is true, then that means there were only Johto and Kanto Pokemon.

If the new cards that have popped out of no where are Johto and Kanto Pokemon, then there is a good chance they came from Jamboree.

Well in Sandstorm, we got cards that ended up being released in ADV4 in Japan, and in Dragons we also got more ADV4 cards, as well as a secret Charmander line.

I think it is Japan/Nintendo's way of showing us their love. I mean, why should Japan get everything first? Why cant we get a few cards first. they are still way up on cards we dont have, even recently. They have the 7-11 set, minus Meowth and Pika now. They have the 3 Regi EX cards. Several other EX, like Armoldo. I saw if we get a few cards before they do, good for us.. it is about time!!!

Yes, we're getting some cards first people.
It is a big deal.
The fact that they show up later in a Japanese set is beside the point.

I think PUI is trying to do two things. One, they are trying to catch up to Japan so we will have simultaneous releases. And two, I think they are trying to generate some excitement.

I wish they'd make more of a deal out of it.
Imagine the reaction if more people realized that there was a secret holo Charizard line that, at this moment, only exists in English cards.

Yeah I was talking about this with my friends coming back from the dragons prerelease tournament. There should be world-release of a set and not country-release as it is so far. One of the biggest reason is regarding prerelease tournaments. One of the biggest reasons to hold a prerelease tournament before a set comes out is so nobody knows what is in the set and it makes it fun to try to work with brand new cards. Now we all know that we could get our hands on multiple spoilers of the cards way before the tournaments in all 3 past cases. That totally ruins it. IF it was world-wide release, we wouldn't get a spoiler of a set before the american set comes out.

Also, selling over the country has hurt markets all over the world. For example, when R/S came out in japan, people bought some of japanese cards and collected the set there and did not buy the american cards when they came out. Same is proberly happening with the charizard holo line in dragons. People from japan can buy them from here and not have to buy packs when they are released in japan.

"Goroy: There were Sand Storm Secret Rares?"
Originally posted by Kyogre.

Well, there was some cards in the set that are in Adv:4 and we did not know we had got them here untill the prereleases. Like the Eevee-lutions and Kabutops ex.

"Also, about the cards we have never seen in the set such as Skarmory and all the other cards."
Originally posted by Water Pokemon Master.

Skarmory was in the Japanese Drgon set as well as some of the other cards in Dragon. Not Charizard though. :D

The only cards I can tell they added to dragons not in the Japanese sets....

Cards made especially for Dragon theme decks. Same as WotC used to do. Added cards designed from the set but not actually in the set, and added them to the set.

Mudkip, Marshtomp, Torchick, Combuskin, Treecko, and Grovyle. All these where released in ADV 4, Magma/Aqua in Japan, so we get them after Japan, but a set sooner...

The Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard. And we got 'em first. Not released in Japan as of yet......

If there were any other cards added to the American Dragons set, let me know.... I think that was it though.

A Few off my head:
Geodude Second Version
Gravler Second Version
Golem EX
Latios EX
Latias EX

Okay, let's get some things straight.

The Latias and Latios ex cards WERE released in Japan before us. No, I'm not talking about the McDonald's promos; those weren't EX. They were released in the ADV3 Minidecks.

Since ADV4 came out before EX:Dragon, the Geodude, Graveler, and Golem EX were not released here first.

However, there are cards other than Charmander, etc. which came out first here in EX:Dragon. These include one of the Horsea and one of the Seadra, one of the Houndour and one of the Houndoom, and one of the Spoink. There may be some of the trainers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back