Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How do you make a .mov file into a .wma file?

GinoLombardi21

My camera takes videos in .mov files. When I upload them on my computer they only play on quicktime player. Does anyone know how to transfer a .mov file into a .wma file so I can play these videos on windows media player? The name of it might not be .wma as of what you have to change the settings or file to but I just wanna change the settings of my videos that play on quicktime and make them play on windows media player. Any help is appreciated.
- Its Geo Baby

Last edited:
The only way is to get a video converter program. Only problem is that they are at least $30 and any free version only converts the first 5 seconds or other severe restrictions. Plus when the video is converted it takes up alot more space sometimes upward of 4 times as much space. I think WMP has an option that allows you set up what media types will default to opening with WMP. Also try dragging the file onto the Player.

My camera takes videos in .mov files. When I upload them on my computer they only play on quicktime player. Does anyone know how to transfer a .mov file into a .wma file so I can play these videos on windows media player? The name of it might not be .wma as of what you have to change the settings or file to but I just wanna change the settings of my videos that play on quicktime and make them play on windows media player. Any help is appreciated.
- Its Geo Baby

Hey Gino,

I'm a computer admin.

You have a couple options here.

You can download CCC (combined community codec pack) install that, then download VLC player and install that

VLC player is probably one of the BEST free players of all time. It will beable to handle any file format for you.

Another option is to download a video converter. I recommend imTOO total video converter. This will convert from .mov to .avi/wmv whatever you need. This is a pay program.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some free ones too that you can find, but you usually sacrifice quality, unless you purchase a key for it.

You can download CCC (combined community codec pack) install that, then download VLC player and install that

VLC player is probably one of the BEST free players of all time. It will beable to handle any file format for you.
CCCP won't allow you to play .mov files in WMP; however, you will be able to use MPC which comes with CCCP. VLC self contains all the codecs needed to play practically any media file, but its not a very good player. Especially since its support of subtitles is barely existant. Although, it is a nice portable player for a flash drive though. You're able to play anything anywhere.

VLC self contains all the codecs needed to play practically any media file, but its not a very good player. Especially since its support of subtitles is barely existant. Although, it is a nice portable player for a flash drive though. You're able to play anything anywhere.

From my experience, VLC contains all the codecs you could possibly imagine, AND is a great player too. I've never had any problems with subtitles (or any problems whatsoever), but maybe it's because I'm using the Mac version?

Either way, switching away from Windows Media Player and Quicktime, and just start using a player that can play both applications' files, seems like the best idea.

ULTRA MPEG-4 convertor is pretty good for videos under 5 minutes, and it's free too.
But if you have a video longer than 5 minutes won't work unless you buy the full version.

From my experience, VLC contains all the codecs you could possibly imagine, AND is a great player too. I've never had any problems with subtitles (or any problems whatsoever), but maybe it's because I'm using the Mac version?
Last I knew, VLC didn't support styled subtitles and often times lines that appear during the same duration will overlap. Not to mention that the line wrap was also poorly implemented.

Last I knew, VLC didn't support styled subtitles and often times lines that appear during the same duration will overlap. Not to mention that the line wrap was also poorly implemented.

you should check out the new version then. A LONG awaited new version of VLC player was release last week.

Back