Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How is Pokemon=Drama!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingOfKings715

So the new season is starting, and with just a little glipse of dp3 we are very excited (hopefully most of us) about this format. Then i talk to one of my friends and hear how he is having issues in the region in which he plays and all this little drama stuff. And im thinking to myself omg still with all this drama this is pokemenz for godsake. I have only played for a little over a year but when did it become drama drama drama!? Obviously way before i started playing.

Then i think about all the people that have been casted away by the majority of the players for whatever the reason (something thats happening to my friend now) and i think come on its not a big deal. Making a big fuse over a childrens card game!? We all love this game but like seriously some people have to calm down a little. Drama makes the game a lot less fun and when i think about my own region (well kinda former now) even NY has somewhat problems. They are people that get a little outcasted and it jsut builds up drama thats not needed, wont mention who *cough* Durso *cough* John but its probably getting annoying for the people who just wanna have fun. When i go to leaguez every once in a while, i like to hear how David (pikachual) and his kid are doing with the game. They actually are playing the game for all the right reasons!

Its for the kids. Soon I will be bringing my soon to be little step brother in law with me to events and i just want him to have fun and enjoy the game. Not having to deal with people telling him to not like this guy or a judge abusing his power more then a umpire in a baseball game. It just kills the fun of a very great game.

If you want an example what happened to Jeremy Maron!? I hear from a number of people that he doesnt post or get involved in the game much cause how everyone is always on him. If thats the reason he stopped playing its a shame. So as the yankees 07 season comes to a end, i look to my pokemon season really beginning, hopefully not with the same results. Heartache and Problems :frown:

P.S.- GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy Maron is still playing, but yeah he was alienated from Pokegym for those reasons I believe.

I think he stopped posting because he realized people were getting tired of incessant spam and nonsense coming from his posts.

I think its because of the worlds structure last year. That was a disaster! It was so hard to get in. So I think it could have just builded up some people and lead to this. With worlds being a little easier to get in this year it makes things more fun and clam.

Fun vs. Competetive is just getting bad imo. The meaning of it is just getting washed out. I think premier rating + worlds invites dont mix well. Without the rating system there's no pressure on players. When you walk into a tournament saying to yourself I cant lose X rounds whats the fun in that.

Then you play for the winner/2nd place gets a trip to worlds. Thats so much more fun because its one thing you have to think about. Rather then everything else you have to think about with premier rating.

Its funny that you mention about a friend having drama in a region. I talked to a kid from my region earlier apparently he and alot of other players are mad at me for talking alot of trash and joking around too much. I mean dont take it literially or offense to jokes or things I say. Its just a trading card game.

You know when you joke around I consider that a part of having fun. You know having laughs with other players. I usually say i'm the franchise of New England because i've been the only MA division player in worlds for the past two years.

Some people say wow thats cool. Some people say wow quit bragging and stop being cocky. Some might even say dont put us down because your really good. I feel like im coaching players of a sport because everyone apparently is having a different reaction. Like if you say someone stinks their reaction might be "I'll show you!" or another persons reaction might be "I stink I mide as well quit".

Pokemons been growing for years now and keeps growing with new players and different obstacles. If we work together we can make things so much more fun and enjoyable. Lets keep DRAMA to a LOW and FUN to a HIGH. Even the best players in the world just wanna have fun.

I think its because of the worlds structure last year. That was a disaster! It was so hard to get in. So I think it could have just builded up some people and lead to this. With worlds being a little easier to get in this year it makes things more fun and clam.

Fun vs. Competetive is just getting bad imo. The meaning of it is just getting washed out. I think premier rating + worlds invites dont mix well. Without the rating system there's no pressure on players. When you walk into a tournament saying to yourself I cant lose X rounds whats the fun in that.

Then you play for the winner/2nd place gets a trip to worlds. Thats so much more fun because its one thing you have to think about. Rather then everything else you have to think about with premier rating.

Its funny that you mention about a friend having drama in a region. I talked to a kid from my region earlier apparently he and alot of other players are mad at me for talking alot of trash and joking around too much. I mean dont take it literially or offense to jokes or things I say. Its just a trading card game.

You know when you joke around I consider that a part of having fun. You know having laughs with other players. I usually say i'm the franchise of New England because i've been the only MA division player in worlds for the past two years.

Some people say wow thats cool. Some people say wow quit bragging and stop being cocky. Some might even say dont put us down because your really good. I feel like im coaching players of a sport because everyone apparently is having a different reaction. Like if you say someone stinks their reaction might be "I'll show you!" or another persons reaction might be "I stink I mide as well quit".

Pokemons been growing for years now and keeps growing with new players and different obstacles. If we work together we can make things so much more fun and enjoyable. Lets keep DRAMA to a LOW and FUN to a HIGH. Even the best players in the world just wanna have fun.

I predict all time drama highs this year.

I think he stopped posting because he realized people were getting tired of incessant spam and nonsense coming from his posts.

Or the incessant flaming and nonsense coming from other peoples posts directed at him. I think it is a sad thing we have lost such an inconic player on these boards :O

Yeah there is alot of "omg liek. dat is soooo teh drama!" and "drama drama drama". You just have to ignore it. There is some good stuff here. If you can work you way past all the drama drama drama.

Wow I haven't posted in a while.. Anyway
In my first year of OP I was involved in some drama... I had talked with a friend and we were gonna go to 2 different gym challenges.I shared my deck with him ect, just to have him show up at the gym challenge I was going to! I find out later that my TO knew about it and told all my friends except me about the night before!:lol:

Best thing to do about it is just ignore it,and not let others get in the way of a fun experience. :thumb:

Jermy left the spotlight because he was tired of people around here having a laugh at his expense.

It's really a pitty since he was one of the best minds in the game.

I find the drama fascinating, no joke. Who would imagine some of the conflicts that arise in this game? It's like a taste of global politics, mixed with competition and a 'space race' of science (building decks). Not to mention the secrecy wars that must've been typical of the Cold War. Some people should just stop and look at the amazing depth this game has, it's incredible.

I find the drama fascinating, no joke. Who would imagine some of the conflicts that arise in this game? It's like a taste of global politics, mixed with competition and a 'space race' of science (building decks). Not to mention the secrecy wars that must've been typical of the Cold War. Some people should just stop and look at the amazing depth this game has, it's incredible.

TRIVIA QUESTION: who is Pokegym's Karl Marx? :D:D:D

But I totally agree with this. I think that the CIA should seriously enlist Pokemon players.

TRIVIA QUESTION: who is Pokegym's Karl Marx? :D:D:D

But I totally agree with this. I think that the CIA should seriously enlist Pokemon players.

:biggrin:

why would we need him?

U play to win! I bet no one will say " ah, never mind, it's just a game~" after u've got 10 lose-streak

Yeah, what kind of sick game ousts a player who holds the best single tournament record in the games history!? (14-0)

I can't show up to a league without a 7 year old asking me, "Hey, hook up the drinks champ!".

It's a real pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back