Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How long shoud a match last?

LegacyEeveeVGC

Ok so at the league today I was playing the TFG (For pizes) and it was a 2 out of 3 match with a 40 min time limit and the first match too over 40 and my oppent was declared thae winner even thou we had two matches to go....

How long should a normal match last?

If both players are experienced and have the right figures 20-30 minutes.

Completely untrue.
It doesn't matter how good the players and their Pokemon are. There's still a considerably luck factor in this game, and frankly, the better the players are, the longer it should take.
Game length is very unpredictable; I've won a game in three turns out of sheer luck, but I've also seen a game take 2 hours.
It's really hard to put a time limit on it.

I'd honestly say that 40 min. should be given for one round of this game. It can be rather challenging at times, so I could easily see it going over an hour. I'd say that the maximum time limit would be just that, an hour, though that gets to be pretty long. Either way, this sort of game NEEDS a big limit.

I think the obvious follow up question to this is, if there is a hard time limit and no player has won at the end of that, how do you declare a winner?

Since the game state changes so often, its hard to say. Most on the Bench? Closest to goal?

Back