Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How Smoochum reaches 3rd place Southwest Regionals Report

goldedda

Sup guys, well before regionals i was so busy i had to do 2 all nighters which resulted in a good ole 17 hrs sleep in which i remembered that i wanted to tech out my ross deck. So the day before regs i put in smoochum cuz i figure it beats goth and magnezone if plaiyed correctly i test with my friends and it works amazingly so everyone techs in smoochum in their Truth decks.

Regs day
my deck is The Truth and the only special things are 1 smoochum, and 1 indigo plateau so i don;t lose to random pikachus or SEL.

Round 1 vs Matt Souerby ( you called it bro) The Truth
well great mirror round 1 vs a great player. Instead of running SEl he chose to run Beartic which was interesting as it helps more in the mirror. So he gets ahead in prizes i end up having SEl prized, and it gets down to time. We were tied 2-2 prizes and i was unable to get an energy to k.o beartic in the 2 turns of time and he proceeeds to retreat and outrage me on t3. gg sir

0-1 :( great with so many masters i play a good player

Round 2 vs Tyranitar
i proceed to get t3 vileplume and donphan which cripples his deck he only was able to set up 1 tyranitar before it got heavy impacted gg sir

1-1

round 3 vs Yanmega/Magnezone/Kingdra
i truly get a horrible hand and not even eeks are helping. i am eventually able to set up a donphan with 3 energys but i have neither a oddish nor solosis in play. He proceeds to waste a lot of judges and copycats early and gets out by t5 2 zones and 2 yanmegas and 1 kingra ughhhh. I score a k.o on magnzone with donphan while benching a phanpy and oddish. Instead of sniping oddish he rather kills the active donphan with magnezone. by that time prizes are 2-5 with me being down 3 prizes. after he k.oes domphan i am able to twins that turn and get out vileplume and donphan and look through my deck wow 2 solosis prized and 1 is k.oed great so i proceed to kill the magnezone but i manage via cheren to make my hand size huge. he sends up yanmegas is able to match only a few times more to kill my donphan but he is out of magnezones. so i send up zekrom and Finally kill a yanmega and draw my 3rd prize SOLOSIS great. he sends up yanmega and passes. i draw look at his discard 3 judge and 2 copycats great i have already a pichu benched so nothing to lose i bench solosis and i am able in 3 turns to set up reunicles and sweep through his yanmegas. I came back from a 2-5 prize deficit to win vs yanzone GG sir

2-1 what a intense game

round 4 vs Dave Magnezone/Emboar
i start with phanpy he starts with magnemite draws and passes. i draw play cheren bench another phanpy and pass. he draws and paralyzes me. my turn i drop smoochum and it intimidates him too much so he scoopes jk i pont into the donphan and proceed to donk t2
gg dave

3-1

round 5 vs Albert Knutsen Goth
t2 plume wrecks him he makes a comeback cuz i could never draw a donphan because i got 3 prizes ahead real fast with zekrom. In the end i never needed smoochum as he ran out of energys
GG Albert

4-1

round 6 vs Zekrom/Lanturn/Electrode
he gets a bad start but i have to keep eeking because i cannot draw anything either and i notice i have donphan prized ewww . so he finally draws twins and proceeds to blow up twice to power up zekroms and get some prizes, after i am behind 3-4 i finally am able to use twins and get reunicles and send up zekrom, by that time he has 3 zekroms set up with3 energys and 1 lanturn prime with 3 energys geez. He retreat zekrom and lanturn k.oes my zekrom. i send up my benched donphan which i tanked with 3 energys k.o lanturn he tells me he has his chinchow prized so i impact 3 more zekroms for game
gg sir pheww lanturn scared me

5-1

Round 7 vs Alan Kang Reshiplosion/bellsprout
My hand after he mulligans once Oddish, reunicles,3 rainbow, 1 fighting, 1 dce >.> he goes first with reshiram and cyndaquil plays sages and benches another cyndaquil. i draw CHEREn yessss i play it draw a SEL and donphan and pont. Wow i feel prety bad now cuz i am so sure i will be donked. So he goes candys into typlosion eveolves to quilava i look thorugh his discard no fire! great he will probabyly get one in the discard he attaches fire to reshiram and plays pont and WHIFFS on donk. i go play pont for pichu + twins, he proceeds to kill one oddish i use twins and set up. He then brings up plume and i just retreat it using dce and k.o bellsrpout with donphan and from that point just tank SEL and proceed to win the game. gg sir

6-1 wow pretty sick run so some 6-2 will miss so in order to ensure top cut i need to win next round

round 8 vs Joseph Sanchez Donchamp/Plume
he gets a faster set up than me. He is 4 prizes ahead of me that i finally can use SEl to k.o donphans and 2shot machamp but soon i am out heal options cuz my chansey is prizes >.>. so i just retreat and zekrom a machamp. He sacs more prizes till we are tied 2-2 and kills zekrom. i send up SEl and get another k.o. He realizes that i can ohko anything with my bench zekrom with 12 damage on it and scoops. lol never thought imma gonna win that game without blissey gg sir

7-1 wow from 0-1 to 7-1

soi my friends sister Kristy maybe the shortest girl in masters makes cut with 1 card difference to my list, and s Oscar Morales the number 1 of california before regs also top cuts, and so do i. So in the end i placed 6th seed and i see i played 27th seed which is...

TOP 32 vs OSCAR MORALES ( NO BUENO :nonono:) Yanmega/Cinicno/weavile/jirachi
wow got a play my friend in top cut no bueno.

game 1: he sets up slow because he has to use cleffa multiple times. So do i. But after he draws the first prize i am able to set up the lock and proceed to win the game, even through jirachi was kinda annoying.

game 2: I SET UP THE LOCK..... BUT i cannot draw a collector/pokemons to move my damage away from donphan and i realize i have blissey prized, so after trying to draw as many prizes as possible my field is full of damage and he proceeds to draw his last prize.

Game 3 : i start solosis attach rainbow play collector for 2 oddish and phanpy and use solosis attack for another solosis. he starts with mincicno and passes. i draw attach rainbow to phanpy play cheren for DONPHAN for the donk gg bro

8-1

Top 16 vs Derek Mancia Reshiplosion
Game 1: he knows hes screwd he runs no techs vs ross and once i set up the lock and drop SEL he just decks himself out

Game 2: same as game 1
gg bro

9-1

Top 8 vs NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo KRISTY BRITTON ( the little girl) The Truth 1 card difference she runs 1 seeker i run 1 more collector
Game 1: she starts horrible and i proceed to win t5 with heavy impact

Game 2: we both set up, i get 2 reunicles set up, but notice chansey is prized. great ....so i am leading the prize exchange and k.o her donphan with my zekrom, and also her phanpy so her field is basically a fully powered sel and she k.oes my zekrom, its 1-2 prizes i cannot see any other out besides my hero SMOOCHUM. She has 2 rainbow in discard as well as the fire and she has 2 rainbows attached to SEl. so i take the gamble and move 1 rainbow away and flip tails. She burns me with sel attack i flip heads on sleep and tails on burn so i proceed to move her last rainbow from sel meaning its useless now. I proceed to flip tails on sleep and burn and then heads on sleep and burn. i retreat smoochum send up donphan knowing she cannot k.o it bench SEl and play the waiting game till i draw my last 2 rainbows. Once i drew it i kill my own donphan and snipe her bench zekrom for game.
GG kristy

10-1 I luv SMOOCHUM

Top 4 vs Brandon Jones Magnezone/Emboar featured by the topcut
you can watch the Topcut to find out what happened
but basically top 4 match = worlds finals the same exact scenario i lose in Sudden death
gg bro

10-2 i got 3rd oh well it was a nice run while it lasted go SMOOCHUM

Props
anyone who lends me cards without you guys i would be screwd
Albert Knutsen for giving me sleeves in need thx bro i owe u one
all the my opponnets for making it a good game
Patrick for winning BOTH vgc and tcg Regionals
SMOOOCHUM
and anyone else who feels to be included in here

Slops
dilly listening to KJB
no free trip to nats :(

Great job Edmund! Always one of so cals top cutters in tournaments like this. And Chris! Make a report lol
Posted with Mobile style...

Nice. I was your round 3 opponent. I had one judge and one copycat left, but i'll be darned if they didn't hide on the very bottom of the deck. GJ man.

Back