Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How to beat Kingdra

i like the idea of using electrode to take him and then use electrode for energy

if your playing torterra sceptile i like the ideah of using masqurain to take it cause for one energy you can hit for 60 and confusion

Finding some way to eliminate their Claydol (s) is likely going to be your best bet. Sniping and spreading decks that can do this take away the ability to constantly refill the hand with cards to discard with Dragon Pump, and Kingdra slows down. Power locking from the likes of Gardevoir or Glaceon lv. X would also do the trick, albeit more temporarily, and both of those cards get outsped by Kingdra so they aren't the best bet. If you are able to take out Claydol (s), subsequently Wagering them successfully down to 3 should be especially crippling.

TM-TS 2 is another way to temporarily slow down Kingdra if they rely on quick Rare Candies to get them into play. It can also make it easier to get KOs since you'd only need 50-80 damage on Kingdra as opposed to 130, and the attacker wouldn't even have to have any energy to devolve it.

SceptGrowth (using the second attack) is a really good counter to Kingdra (especially if you throw in Dawn Stadium). Though the deck has problems with decks that can 1HKO it.

Tangrowth/Sceptile/leftovers/Sunflora tech/dawn stadium/potion.

I's serious about this. If you want to make kingdra players want to rip their hair out, run this. Now you probably will lose to most other decks, but it will certainly make kingdra very sad. lol

Don't forget that stopping the bench damage makes Kingdra just a quick 60 damage hitter which makes it have to use 3 turns to take out the big guys.
I also noticed Kabutops stopping the rare candies slows Kingdra down too.
Mr. Mime Tech to make a speed bump to buy you time to build a big hitter.

So it looks like a a solid deck with some combo these strats might do the trick:

Mr. Mime Tech to stall for energy build up.
Use a fast big hitting Leaf type with resistance to water
Use a fast big hitting Electric type
Bench Snipe Claydol
Block Bench Damage (bastidon, Torkal)
Block Trainers (Kabutops)

Back