Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How to boost your rating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikko145

Next season, I'm wanting to push my rating as high as I can get it. (Assuming one does fairly well), how would you go about boosting it? I've heard of dropping at certain times in tournaments, but I'm clueless. Could somebody please explain these things to me? Thanks!

Yeah, sorry about being a little blunt about it. But Jexar is right that when you get to round three that it's worth double. Basically going 3-0 drop is the smartest thing to do.

AMT - That's off-topic. Looking for rating boosters.

That sounds really pathetic. Just win games, man. If you're good and have a bit of luck on your side, you'll get the invite next season with no sweat.

edit: contrary to popular belief, not all of my posts are sarcastic.

Lunar Wing - All tournaments, or just the bigger ones? Because if you go 3-0 at BR's or Cities, you're probly gonna be in the TC anyways, so I assume you'd play it out if you think you stand a good chance in those situations?

Win games; don't lose games; don't take foolish risks with deck choice (save the turbo Walrein for a later day).

Pooka didn't save turbo walrein for another day, he was 2nd at nats. What do we learn from that? Walreins are uber.

Next season, I'm wanting to push my rating as high as I can get it. (Assuming one does fairly well), how would you go about boosting it? I've heard of dropping at certain times in tournaments, but I'm clueless. Could somebody please explain these things to me? Thanks!

Win games, don't lose games. After the last swiss round (but before final standings are posted) if you know that most of the other possible top cut decks are auto losses, drop to safe points.

The more events you play in the more points you can win (or lose). Play in: Nats, Regs, 2 states and as many Cities as possible. GA Marathon is a good source of points.

Yeah, sorry about being a little blunt about it. But Jexar is right that when you get to round three that it's worth double. Basically going 3-0 drop is the smartest thing to do.

Please Explain that one to me.

I'm liking the suggestions! I appreciate it a lot, and keep em coming! So, what we have so far is:
-Win games.
-Don't lost games.
-Don't take foolish risks with deck choice.
-Go 3-0 and drop? I'm hearing mixed opinions on this.
-Third round is worth double points.
-Attend Nats, Regionals, 2 States, and as many small tournaments my gas tank can afford. :lol:

I miss anything? Also, why is the GA Marathon specifically good? (And please tell me what that is. :tounge: I feel noobish.)

GA Marathon is so good because there are so many tournaments. There are huge amounts of points to be won there, and it really gives you an advantage early in the season. I'd recommend you ask someone who has experience with this what to do each tournament. I usually play out my BRs, play out my Cities if I feel I can win, drop at States depending on my record (and if I think I can win), drop at Regionals (although I wasn't loyal to that this year... which cost me big time), and drop at nats IF AND ONLY IF I can get the invite from getting a few points. Um... just play good decks, don't lose, know your rating at all time, and don't dress like your deck. The simple stuff, you know. :)

z-man, when do you recommend dropping? From what I understand, it's as soon as you lose? Or after the third round, if before then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back