Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How to Dialga lock-proof Rampardos?

Renzo

So my sister is wanting to play Rampardos, but it runs into the problem called Dialga G lock. With the lock, her Skull Fossils, Life Herbs, and SSU's are unplayable. Any options on how to make this a better matchup?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p Anyways, you could technically just throw in some more warp points. Then just hope it finally ends. Or you could tech in a few Mightyena LA as a possible starter. Darkrai MD is also good for insta-sleep.

The problem, I think, isn't that she can't take down Dialga. It's that once she does, she can't recover or swarm because of the lock. Any way to get around it?

Thanks for the help. I'm retiring for the night. cya tomorrow.

You should tech in a 1-1-1 Machamp line. (1-0-1 is no good because Rare Candy can't be used under the Deafen lock.)

You could also tech a Pachirisu. It resists Dialga G, turning Deafen into a 0 damage attack, and can deal 40 (less if they have special metals attached) for 1 with Smash Short. Unless the Dialga G player is ahead in prizes and is aiming to keep you locked to win on time, they probably aren't going to keep using Deafen forever against Pachirisu unless they are also poisoning you with Skuntank G. Even then, you can use those turns to try to get your tech Machamp in play (assuming you run it, which as I said you should) and put pressure on them that way to either get the Unown G on (which will keep letting you do 40 with Pachirisu) or take a OHKO that transforms into a bunch of others.

If you go first and don't start with a Fossil, your chances are slim against Dialga G no matter how you tech because then you obviously won't ever even get a chance to bring Rampardos out. Pachirisu and Machamp will help you though and if you can force them to break the lock with either of these cards, you just need to go crazy and get as many of your Rampardos as possible out during that turn so you don't get locked again later.

use a majestic dawn kabuto? lets you play the fossil from your deck thus getting around deafen. then you just need to find a way around mesprit and power spray so you can use the power...:nonono:

You can either pray you go second against Dialga or go with a slower build:

3-2-3 Rampardos
2-2-2 Machamp
3 BTS

And drop all your Unown R's

Doesn't Relicanth GE CFF for fossils? I've always wondered why people didn't play him in their Rampardos decks, since you're only going 2nd 50% of the time. Also it cuts down on Uxie starts.

I was trying to work with Bidoof and Gyrados. But Bidoof could work with Rampardos as a tech perhaps.

Bidoof
Stage: Basic HP: 50 Type: Colorless Weakness: F+10 Resistance: None
Attack: [1] Amnesia - Choose 1 of the Defending Pokemon's attacks. That Pokemon can't use that attack during your opponent's next turn.
Attack: [1] Scavenge - Search you discard pile for a Trainer card, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand.
Retreat Cost: 1 Rarity: Common

If you can use amnesia on Deafen and drop some fossils you might get a chance to setup. Haven't tried it with Rampardos just a thought. He could even scavange for a skull fossil later in the game.

The second attack of Relicanth puts both of the Pokemon (Attacking and Defending) to sleep. I played it twice yesterday at league and went first with Dialga G. With an Energy Gain in place you cannot put an Unown G on. Twice I got out of the sleep by leveling up, but then he got me, and was able to lay down his fossils.

In ideal Dialga setup, you get your 1st Dialga with Energy Gain, then the second one with Unown G. With Dialga and Cyrus in starting hand, this is very propable scenario (Cyrus for Cyrus, Metal and Gain, next turn Cyrus for Poketurn, Roseanne and Metal, next turn Roseanne for Dialga and G).

After that, no Amnesia or anything can stop the Dialga. Even before that, you will have to get the Amnesia out at your turn 1. Plus they have level up to get a rid of the status.

Uxie MT is one of the wild ideas, but I don't think it has any other uses than try to get a turn in deafen build. Palkia Lv.X is my choice, but it needs some skills and water+warp energies to run it.

Perhaps we will have to admit that solo Rampa just plain loses to Dialga G builds. That doesn't make it a bad deck, just a bad metagame choice. If you figure out a working tech against the Deafen lock, that would propably be some G-pokémon that does not get damage from the poison and can damage Dialgas faster than Dialgas damage them, but if it's just a tech, it loses to G engine as a whole deck.

Back