Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How to FAIL Deckbuilding

Heartgold22

Hello my fellow players! I just wanted to share my article of "How to Build a Fail Deck", I wrote it a year ago, give or take a month or two. Now with that in mind, knowing that I have not been able to improve the following article since then, please excuse any parts of it that sounds like a complete noob. But anyways, if you are a new player and was in the format before HGSS-On, then you will understand it better, hope you enjoy! http://www.whpokeclub.com/WHPokemon.com/HBFD.html Oh and that site I completely made from scratch and it is very, very basic html.
Posted with Mobile style...

Okay I reread my article and would like to correct my MAJOR mistake, I kept on saying that a tech was aka a staple, huge mistake. A tech is a card that is not in the general deck list, while a staple is a card that is put into the deck very often. Sorry, for the misinformation given to ya'll.

To be even more precise, TecH (as it was originally spelled) was about technical advantage, running a single copy of a card that due to interactions with the metagame, improved your chances of winning instead of losing. Providing "technical advantage" against specific match-ups (since if it were against common match-ups, you'd be justified running more copies). It should also be noted that originally tech only referred to Trainers, and was eventually expanded to Energy and Pokemon. Don't use it to refer to Pokemon amongst certain older players unless you want a lecture. XD

Oh, and the capitalization was just what the person who coined the term felt like: he just liked randomly capitalizing stuff.

As for the article, noticed some typos so I am hoping you'll eventually post a corrected version fixing that and the staple error.

Yes, I know amd if you noticed i did say that I wrote it over a year ago, way before the new format.

---------- Post added 09/08/2011 at 06:43 PM ----------

And idk if I will ever be able to upload the site again to redo it. And Otaku, if you could send me a pm of my sperling errors, as I had generally done it all-night so my spelling probably is off a little. And what do you think of the site overall since it was my first site and I was learning html as I went.

Back