Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How to Fix Warped Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLOW DECK

Anyone with a significant collection knows the issue.

Foil cards will warp/bent/bulge and make them very unplayable because the card won't lay flat and will noticeably stand out in a deck. B&W cards like Zekrom, Emboar, Reshiram Etc from my set all have this problem.

I have found a decent way to undo the bend.

1. First, try this out with a lesser value card from your collection, so your first attempt at unwarping a card isn't your most valued card.

2. Obtain a plastic tube that is long enough to fit a full card in. I have had success with M&M mini's containers. I would guess it would need to fit a quarter in it at a minimum, and I would recommend long enough to fit the entire length of the card.
See : M&M Mini's Tube
3. Insert the card the opposite way of your bend. I had ussually inserted the bottom of the card first. Bend the edges in first, then let get the whole card in. This is a ittle tricky, but with a little dexterity, it will be done.

4. Once in, I will push the card flush against the edges, to really work the opposite warp direction.

5. Quickly pull the card out. You don't want the card in the opposite bend more than a 5 seconds to get the job done. You can over bend the card if you leave the card in for a long time. Repeat if needed.

The cards that I have done are not "perfectly" flat, but they are very playable than the original warped card.

Hope this helps.

I just use my schoolbooks... A couple thousand pages is usually enough to iron them straight. (Of course, I leave them overnight as opposed to 5 seconds, but...)

Thanks Rob I will attempt this on my many many Reshirams that are curved to the high heavens. The 1st B+W set holos are the worst Ive ever seen.

Take a thin cloth or old T-shirt and place it on top of the card, then gently iron the card at a medium-ish setting for a few minutes. Afterwards, place the card into a book and put some weight on top of it, and let it sit for a while.

Anyone that has played since Deoxys remember how bad those were? Those were the worst I have ever seen.

I remember someone saying that placing cards in a book, in the freezer straightened them out pretty well. It had something to do with the humidity in the air, or maybe the heat, on the foil. Never tried it myself, but I heard good things about it.

Anyone that has played since Deoxys remember how bad those were? Those were the worst I have ever seen.

I remember someone saying that placing cards in a book, in the freezer straightened them out pretty well. It had something to do with the humidity in the air, or maybe the heat, on the foil. Never tried it myself, but I heard good things about it.

That's an issue I faced with that time period... The holo energies from that period, anyway.

I find that using any tube large enough to accomodate the card (such as a TP tube) will do the trick.

Mind if I put these ideas on my blog? I'll give credit where credit is due.

- Croatian_Nidoking

Yeah, I never used a tube, but I found that ( since I rifle shuffle my deck ) my cards tend to all warp in one direction. Every couple of games, or shuffles. I reverse my shuffling ( Cards facing me, Cards facing down swap ) so that they bend in opposite directions often. I will have to try this method for my older warped foils. ( I'm looking at you Deoxys block..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back