Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How to know which decks are doing well?

GangnamStein

Is there a site that collects the deck/decklist of all of the major events? I would like to know which decks are currently doing well.

thanks

There is a "What Won _____" thread for each major tournament/tournament series. There currently is one for Cities that should give you a good feel for what has been successful so far.

There a 'What Won' thread on PokeGym for every tournament cycle. Here's the current one for City Championships

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=171028

Other sites do similar things.

Decklists are another matter. It's up to individual players if they want to post their winning list anywhere. Most choose not to, especially of they intend to use it in the future.

There a 'What Won' thread on PokeGym for every tournament cycle. Here's the current one for City Championships

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=171028

Other sites do similar things.

Decklists are another matter. It's up to individual players if they want to post their winning list anywhere. Most choose not to, especially of they intend to use it in the future.

What kind of secrets can a player have? From looking at the top decks, most have the same cards (all hydreigon/darkrai decks are similar). Plus, there isn't a sidedeck in Pokemon so how can a player have any twist. Sorry i am new an pkmntcg so these things are confusing to me.

What kind of secrets can a player have? From looking at the top decks, most have the same cards (all hydreigon/darkrai decks are similar). Plus, there isn't a sidedeck in Pokemon so how can a player have any twist. Sorry i am new an pkmntcg so these things are confusing to me.

Small difference in list can make a lot of difference to how successful they are. Even with a straightforward deck like Blastoise/Keldeo, some builds will work better than others or counter a local metagame more successfully.

Darkrai/Hydreigon decks have a number of different tech options - Sigilyph, Shaymin-EX, Reshiram-EX, Giratina-EX, Mewtwo-EX, Virizion, Cresselia-EX are just some of the more popular/obvious ones.

When there isn't much to keep secret, it's arguably even more important to keep the small differences to yourself. A slightly better Supporter line up here, or a tech there can be the difference between winning and missing the top cut.

Back