Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How well does Arceus Measure Up?

Lancun

I see everybody at my locals carrying a couple of loose Arceus cards, and they all use them as binder-fillers. They literally hate the cards and will do anything to get rid of them. I've heard of the Arceus deck archetype. How well does it measure up against the other heavy-hitters?

I see that often too. (I personally love my Arceus and have been looking everywhere for suggestions on how to use them effectively) How does it measure up? The front page article "Arceus: The Alpha Deck" pretty much explains all the match-ups against the most played decks (SP variants, Machamp, Gengar/Vileplume).

I thought Arceus was a largely failed deck last year that has no real merit still? I mean besides being walked over by Machamp without Unown G legal, walled indefinitely by something like Mewtwo Lv X, or outsped by most current decks out there...

Well, the Mewtwo matchup is actually solved by Arceus W. As for Machamp, it can OHKO so long as you have something like a Lucario GL, and a Psychic Arceus Lv.X hitting with an attack like Break Ground or Bright Flame. It's not practical, but then again, straight Machamp is a gamble to play anyway, so you're likely to face only one or two Machamp. As for the aftermath, that's why you can revenge with Dark Arceus' Prize Count.

Have you league send all the Arceus cards to me so I can build an Arceus deck. Quick! :D

Well, the Mewtwo matchup is actually solved by Arceus W. As for Machamp, it can OHKO so long as you have something like a Lucario GL, and a Psychic Arceus Lv.X hitting with an attack like Break Ground or Bright Flame. It's not practical, but then again, straight Machamp is a gamble to play anyway, so you're likely to face only one or two Machamp. As for the aftermath, that's why you can revenge with Dark Arceus' Prize Count.

The point is- It doesn't work!

If it did, everyone would be running it. What Regis said about the deck is just the truth. Ya may not like it but there's really no point arguing it because it doesn't change the end results.

It is playable, but it's not "the alpha deck".

has a good engine, basic pokemon, weakness hitting.

but trainers dont always work, basic pokemon can be a problem..

It is playable but you have to match it with your meta, you can't just get a list offline.

It is playable, but it's not "the alpha deck".

has a good engine, basic pokemon, weakness hitting.

but trainers dont always work, basic pokemon can be a problem..

It is playable but you have to match it with your meta, you can't just get a list offline.

Of course you can't.. you need to be online in order to netdeck..

//peace

It's a very underrated deck right now. The one thing stopping it last format was stage 2 decks. Now that they are played much less, it is a very good meta choice.

Arceus has made top 4 at the two battle roads it was played around here. It is better than you think

It won one of mine, in a meta of competitive players with Luxchomp and Sableye and stuff. I watched it beat down a Vilegar.

^Nice to see you found another internet meme.

Just slow down and don't overuse it like you did with herp derp.

On topic - Arceus is decent and fun. Plus you get the 'OMG you are actually playing Arceus!' factor.

That makes it a good choice for BRs.

I did abuse that herp derp....

Anyways, people don't know how to play against you, and in most place, that is the best tool you.

I think the Arceus set wasn't that good besides:

Promocroak
Shaymin Stuff
Gyrados G
Dialga G
Palkia G

This is filled with facepalmness...

on topic, Arceus is a good deck, but suffers from trainer lock.
which most decks do..

and like stated above, not many people know how to play against a Arceus deck.

vtwx ,mnh gb tvgblkjhgfbnmbv.nm,bgfbnm,.bvnk;bjm

I rolled my face across my keyboard. :rolleyes:

Back