Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HS Undaunted Prereleases in Virginia!!

totoro

un·daunt·ed (ŭn-dôn'tĭd, -dän'-)
adj. Not discouraged or disheartened; resolutely courageous. See Synonyms at brave.
un·daunt'ed·ly adv. , un·daunt'ed·ness n.

Miss all the fun at the last prereleases? Fear not!! It's your time to be..... undaunted!!

Dates:

Saturday, Aug 7: Warrenton (Hobbies, etc)
Preregistration not required
Address: 251 W. Lee Highway, Suite 699 , Warrenton, 20186
Registration time: 11 AM—11:30 AM

Sunday, Aug 8: Midlothian (Battle City Games)
Address: Victorian Square Shopping Center, 11031 Hull Street Rd, Midlothian, 23112 (between Anna's Pizza and Saigon Gourmet--look for Empoleon in the window!)

Saturday, Aug 21: Fairfax (Hobby Works)
Online Preregistration-Players should visit http://sites.google.com/site/virginiapokemon/preregistration after Jul 24 and fill out the online registration and guarantee a spot.
Address: 9650 Main St, Fairfax, 22031
Preregistered players should arrive for flight 1 at 11:00
Preregistered players should arrive for flight 2 at 3:15
These events are BIG, so please preregister to avoid disppointment!! Due to time constraints at this venue, there will be no lunch breaks!

Sunday, Aug 22: Virginia Beach (Comic Kings)
Preregistration is not required.
Address: 5196 Fairfield Shopping Center, Virginia Beach, 23464

Players not in line by 11:30 AM, 3:45 PM for afternoon session in Fairfax may be marked as LATE.

All events will feature the main event (players receive 6 boosters, make a 40 card deck, and try it out in a tournament) or the Theme Deck Challenge (play with a brand new, unreleased theme deck) All players will receive extra booster packs by completing the event, (2 for the main event and 4 for the TDC) a specially selected stamped promo card, and a set of 60 themed card sleeves.
Admission is $25.00 including state and local sales tax.

I'll actually be there for the Midlo one. Two tournaments in one year? Unheard of for me. :thumb:

I am DEFINITELY going this time, guys. Haven't been to a PR since SV, but I'll be going. Might go to Midlo just so I can get them earlier, but if not then I'll be at VB.

Waitaminute!!!! Will there be a draft in Midlo considering that its in the first weekend?

Excellent, guys!! (although who knows if Bellosom is in the set or not--hmmmm???? :biggrin:)
btw, RA, a very nice thing you are doing again with the I Play Theme Decks contest. My hat is off to you, sir, for the amazing things you do for the PokeGym/Pokemon community!!!

This just in:
Several PTOs (myself included) have decided to mix things up a bit with the TDC this go round!! Since Theme Decks now contain a "bonus" booster pack, TDC players WILL have the option of modifying their preconstructed deck by switching in cards from the bonus booster!! If you are a new player and don't want to mod your theme deck, no problem!! This is totally an option, NOT a requirement!! All TDC players will still receive 4 booster packs at the conclusion of the event in addition to the bonus pack included with the deck! Five packs plus a (much improved!) theme deck for the TDC!!!!!!!!

I'll be at Warrenton, as usual.

This just in:
Several PTOs (myself included) have decided to mix things up a bit with the TDC this go round!! Since Theme Decks now contain a "bonus" booster pack, TDC players WILL have the option of modifying their preconstructed deck by switching in cards from the bonus booster!! If you are a new player and don't want to mod your theme deck, no problem!! This is totally an option, NOT a requirement!! All TDC players will still receive 4 booster packs at the conclusion of the event in addition to the bonus pack included with the deck! Five packs plus a (much improved!) theme deck for the TDC!!!!!!!!
I'm going to guess the decks will still have to be 60 after modifications, right?

If the decks are as good as you say they are, I may change it up and go with a theme deck this time around. Of course I'll know for sure when I get there.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people choose to go with theme decks this time around.

This just in:

BUT...

Are the Theme deck challenges going to count as Premier Event games that go toward POP points?

The TDC is not even run on TOM--it is simply a fun way to try out new cards. Nothing in terms of how TDC matches "count" should change.

Excellent, guys!! (although who knows if Bellosom is in the set or not--hmmmm???? :biggrin:)
btw, RA, a very nice thing you are doing again with the I Play Theme Decks contest. My hat is off to you, sir, for the amazing things you do for the PokeGym/Pokemon community!!!

Thank you for those kind words :)

Isn't TOM not necessary to run a sanctioned event? :confused:

oooooooooooo ... nice pot stir.

Back