Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hurri-cane! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhilahd

Hi all!
This is my first posted deck. Its a variant on the Hurricane build and with some suggestions, I've made some modifications. It plays well, but I think there might be something I'm missing. If you could, take a minute, look this over and let me know what could be improved upon.

1-1 Magneton PK
2-2 Claydol GE
2 Lapras GE
4-3-4 Feraligatr MT

1-Amulet Coin
3-Night Maintenance
2-Dusk Ball (only have 2)
2-Master Ball (only have 2)
2-Steven's Advice (only have 2)
3-Rare Candy
2-Felicity's Drawing
3-Roseanne's Research
4-Celio's Network
2-Copycat

2-Cyclone Energy (may switch to Scramble or additional water)
1-DRE (have 3 total. My son is using the other 2)
14-Water Energy

I don't have Pachi or I'd drop him in.
I thought about Plusle, but wavered on putting him in
I picked Hurricane because of all the fire decks I've been playing against lately and expect to see quite a few at States. This is something I can run and not just get my hat completely handed to me.

Claydol's great, but when you start loading up on cards, his only real value is allowing you to thin your hand and build your deck again.
Magneton is great is you don't have any Night Maintenance's and have lost energies into your discard pile.

The basic plan is to get Lapras out so that I can start building up to Feraligatr. Lapras is a great staller to obtain energy and supports. This gives me a better chance of pulling a Rare Candy or Celios to get to the Gatr much faster. Lapras has been a great starter, when I can get it. Considering I only have 1 tool, this works out fine. I can get 1 energy, 1 support and continue to build my bench. Play the tool, only when Pachirisu isn't around.

I had the Delta Gatr in originally, which is why the DRE is still in. Its more of a crutch than anything else, in the off chance I need to tail break and don't have the energy to do Energy Cyclone.
I think I've exhausted my ideas at this point(plus I'm at work so I'm hurrying).

Thanks for looking and thanks for your help.

instead of 2-2 Claydol and 2 Lapras, run 3 Pachy, 2-2 Magneton, and 1- Plusle and Minun. It has some draw power \, and it is like Magneton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back