2x Junk Arm
2x Energy Retrieval
3x Energy Exchanger
4x Rare Candy

Energy
4x DCE
10x Water

Theory:
Start with manaphy to refresh hand for first few turns to set up Floatzle and Blastoise. Then start rocking their bench for KOs. I see that there is a HUGE weakness problem to :lightning:was hoping for any suggestions on this and or speed.

Last edited:
I like how to-the-point your decklist is! Let's see if i can lend another perspective :)

FIXES:

-3 Manaphy ---------- WEAAAAK. I tested this lil guy out a fair amount, and, sadly, he just doesn't cut it with cleffa being an option.
-1 Energy Retrieval --- Bad for consistancy, and personally, between the junk arms and draw power, i don't think energy will be a problem.
-3 Energy Exchanger -- More often than not, this is going to be a dead card. If i were you, i'd much rather be getting the set up in play.
-1 Wartortle ----------- With 4 Rare candies and Junk Arms to back them up, I feel 3 of these guys might be a little overkill.

So you've got some room! Time to fill it up!

+3 Cleffa ------------- You will find this to be QUITE superior to manaphy in nearly every concievable way. It doesn't need energy, it has the chance for invulnerability, and it draws an extra card; 5 is only one away from getting judged ;/. It's remarkable how much difference that one card can make. the only real downside is that he can get donked when facing a deck that runs tyrogue.
+1 PONT -------------- I'll venture to say that MOST games you open with this are going to be happier games than when you don't.
+1 Water energy ----- Included so that you don't miss an energy drop.
+2 Switch ------------- Gets those sleeping babies out of the way, and also lets you seeker up a damaged blastoise, brutal!

For the last spot, I would consider adding either another Junk Arm for those VERY important communications and the candies, or more draw power like Copycat.

One last thing to consider is dropping that one water i added, or using the last space, for a tyrogue or an elekid.
Tyrogue turns many things into OHKOs for blastoise, lets you do some damage while you set up, and lets you donk opposing baby leads.
Elekid can snipe, but does 10 less damage (and so forfeits the prospect of donking).

Hope these fixes help you on your way to hydro launching your opponent away!

I have used cleffa in other decks and do like him but for this deck I think that manaphy is much better in this deck for two reasons.
1. it has 60 hp and cannot be KO'ed on the first turn unless donked and still refresh your hand
2. it has a free retreat and can feed the blastoiste when set up with its attached energy

I think that this saves room without having to add the switch for the cleffa. I do like the add of more energy and one more PONT I will try to find something in addition to the wartortle to take out to make room for it.

Cleffa is a MUCH better choice than manaphy. The only thing manaphy has over cleffa is 30 more health, but cleffa makes up for more then that with sweet sleeping face. You also draw one more card with cleffa, and you never even need to attach a single energy to it.

Thank you for the suggestions. I have made the change from manaphy to cleffa. It just tested much better.

But do you think that adding a tech line of Magnezone would help with the :lightning: weakness?

MAYbe.. I feel like he'd be kinda bulky in the decklist though. 2-2 Donphan might be cool though.. Course.. then you'd need pluspowers for magnezone & zekrom and fighting energy x/

-3 Manaphy
-1 Collector
-1 Interviewer's Questions
-2 Energy Retrieval
-3 Energy Exchanger
+1 Cleffa
+1 Tyrogue
+1 Dual Ball
+1 PONT
+2 Switch
+2 Zorua
+2 Zoroark

I don't have explanations.. all I have to say is give it a try. It's basically my list and it's working nicely for me... although I do like my TyRam deck better :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back