Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on Hydreigon/darkrai

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolkidhp

Well after seeing that this won (I think) a big tournament in japan and seeing a previous thread where the majority said it was better than Garchomp/Altaria, I decided on building Hydreigon/Darkrai. Anyway this is my list:

Pokemon (14):
3 Darkrai EX
3-1-3 Hydreigon (dark trance ability)
3 sableye
1 shaymin EX

T/S/S(34):
2 eviolite
4 dark patch
4 ultra ball
4 juniper
4 N
3 bianca (seems better than cheren, for the fact that ultra ball will keep my hand size low)
3 pokemon catcher
3 rare candy
2 random reciever
4 max potion
1 level ball

energy(12):
8 :dark: (basic)
4 blend energy G/F/P/D

Strategy:
The main strategy of this deck is to move energies around with hydreigon's dark trance ability, heal up with max potion, and move the energys back. Darkrai works as the main attacker, and with an eviolite is almost impossible to OHKO. sableye's main use is to get back max potions, or (if needed) eviolites. Emolga allows you to search for your basics. I put shaymin EX in my build for 2 main reason's, 1) It OHKO's terrakion (provided they have taken 2 prize's) and 2) It allows you to make a late game breakthrough, if need be (although, I suppose this deck should have a good late game).

Translations

Hydreigon HP150
Stage 2 - Evolves from Zweilous
Dragon

Ability - Dark Trance:
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move a :dark: Energy attached to 1 of your Pokémon to another of your Pokémon.

:psychic::dark::dark::colorless: dragonblast: 140
Discard 2 :dark: energy attached to this pokemon

Weakness: Dragon (x2)
Resistance: N/A
Retreat Cost: :colorless::colorless::colorless:

Blend Energy GRPD
Special Energy
While in play, this card provides either ,:grass::psychic::fire: or :dark: type of Energy but provides only 1 Energy at a time. (While not in play, Blend Energy GFPD counts as :colorless: energy.)

Zweilous HP90
Stage 1 (Evolves from Deino)
Dragon

:colorless: Draw In
Search your discard pile for up to 2 Darkness Energy cards and attach them to this Pokémon.

:psychic::colorless::dark: Dragon Head 40

Weakness: Dragon x2
Resistance: N/A
Retreat Cost: :colorless::colorless::colorless:

Thanks in advance for any help =)

Last edited:
This looks a lot like my list. Here're the changes that come to mind.

- Test with Bianca, but I seriously could not get my list working until I swapped to Cheren. The deck's hand sizes are always just a tad too big for her to be useful. If you draw into your Ultra Balls better than I did, hey, more power to you.
- Super Rod seems like an odd choice to me. I'd rather play Revive. You shouldn't have to recover a Hydreigon line all that often, especially since your emphasis should be on Darkrai, not Hydreigon. Having Revive so I have access to more Sableyes is tempting though.
- Don't play Emolga AND Sableye. One or the other should be enough.

This looks a lot like my list. Here're the changes that come to mind.

- Test with Bianca, but I seriously could not get my list working until I swapped to Cheren. The deck's hand sizes are always just a tad too big for her to be useful. If you draw into your Ultra Balls better than I did, hey, more power to you.
- Super Rod seems like an odd choice to me. I'd rather play Revive. You shouldn't have to recover a Hydreigon line all that often, especially since your emphasis should be on Darkrai, not Hydreigon. Having Revive so I have access to more Sableyes is tempting though.
- Don't play Emolga AND Sableye. One or the other should be enough.

Ok, I've made some changes from that. Should I drop an energy for another revive??

Wow our decks are 3 cards apart. I play 2 level ball though. You only have 3 cards to search out pokemon and that can be a problem.

To make room for 2 Level Balls, I'd suggest replacing 1 Revive and 1 Pokémon Catcher.

My mix of supporters usually fall along this line: 3 Bianca (your opponent will N you; so, this helps you recover cards back into hand afterwards), 3 Cheren (reduces dependency upon Professor Juniper), 3 N (to disrupt opponent's hand), and 2-4 Professor Juniper (depending upon IF I want (3-4) to intentionally put cards into your discard pile, or not (2)). When I play 4 PJs, I also like to play 2 Random Receivers so that I can sometimes play a RR and get another Supporter instead of playing a PJ and lose some valuable resources.

To make room for 2 Level Balls, I'd suggest replacing 1 Revive and 1 Pokémon Catcher.

My mix of supporters usually fall along this line: 3 Bianca (your opponent will N you; so, this helps you recover cards back into hand afterwards), 3 Cheren (reduces dependency upon Professor Juniper), 3 N (to disrupt opponent's hand), and 2-4 Professor Juniper (depending upon IF I want (3-4) to intentionally put cards into your discard pile, or not (2)). When I play 4 PJs, I also like to play 2 Random Receivers so that I can sometimes play a RR and get another Supporter instead of playing a PJ and lose some valuable resources.

Okk I have done. BTW thanks for the interest in the thread everyone =)

Now there is only a 1 card difference between our decks. I play 4 Catcher you play 4 max potion. I'm not saying you should go and change your deck. It is mainly a preference.

Now there is only a 1 card difference between our decks. I play 4 Catcher you play 4 max potion. I'm not saying you should go and change your deck. It is mainly a preference.
Yeah I have his list. It really does come up to preference at this point.

ATM I haven't had the chance to playtest (becuase I'm on holiday) but I will make my decision when I get back between catcher and max potion.

Well take out two sableye and put in boufflant from dx and put in a siglyth from dx. And take one Darkri ex and put in one mewtwo ex in.

Well take out two sableye and put in boufflant from dx and put in a siglyth from dx. And take one Darkri ex and put in one mewtwo ex in.

Why would you take out a staple for the deck and add a card it doesn't need?
Edit: Sorry didn't see TT85NO1 post the same post.

Last edited:

As said before, thats basically the back bone of the deck gone.

Well i wasnt 100 percent sure of taking darkri out but.....you should only use sableyes attack once per game.

First of all you could have to use twice a game and by only running 1 sableye you risk it being prized, or even not drawing it. The decision would be between 2-3 sableye, although I prefer 3.

I would test out the noble victories hydreigon as a 1 of. Its a great way to clean up the field after darkrais left multiple pokemon damaged. The 40 benched damage can clear a garchomp after darkrai hits it for 90.

I would test out the noble victories hydreigon as a 1 of. Its a great way to clean up the field after darkrais left multiple pokemon damaged. The 40 benched damage can clear a garchomp after darkrai hits it for 90.

Okk I will test, but as I am on holiday, it will be in a few days =)

Well ive seen this deck played i havent played this deck. He would of been hard pressed to use sableye's attack more than once.....but i am planning to make this deck just need two more darkris.

Well ive seen this deck played i havent played this deck. He would of been hard pressed to use sableye's attack more than once.....but i am planning to make this deck just need two more darkris.
So your giving advice on something you have not even tested? Sableye is the whole strength of the deck. If he didn't exist this deck wouldn't either. That's like taking out Alteria out of fluffychomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back