Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I Can't Believe It's Not Sabelock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spink

...Yeah, it's another lock deck, but with a slight twist: Primeape SV.

The strategy is to prevent your opponent from setting up anything, then using Chatot G's and Primeape to mill their deck/deal damage to the few Pokemon they have. Use Judge/Ambipom TM and Weavile UD to control their hands as well.
The list:
4 Sableye (ideal start, usually leads into Cyrus' Initiative)
3-3 Primeape SV (Mankey Extra Punch also Luxray GL counter)
1 Unown Q
2 Uxie
1-1 Ambipom TM (doubles as Garchomp C counter)
2-2 Weavile UD
3 Chatot G

3 Collector
3 Seeker
3 Bebe's
3 Judge
4 Cyrus' Conspiracy
3 Rocket's Trickery
3 Cyrus' Initiative
2 BTS
4 Poketurn
2 Memory Berry

4 :colorless::colorless:
1 basic :dark:
3 :fighting:

This was just a random idea, but actually works pretty well. It is able to counter most of the metagame so I'm considering taking it to Regionals. As always, all help is appreciated! :smile:

Why do you need TRT?

If there is not a good reason why, do this:
-3 TRT

+1 Judge
+1 Collector
+1 Bebe's

(this deck has confused me a bit so I'm sorry if I made this wrong)

what does sableye even do that get's it its own lock deck? I don't see very much potential in it except for an extra supporter every turn that it lives.

---------- Post added 03/22/2011 at 05:20 PM ----------

If you want more discard you could run giratina X and level max. that might be too much though

The extra supporter is key. If you play smart, and use your supporters wisely, you can set up yourself and disrupt your opponent in the same turn, or else double disruption (hence Sable"lock"). Unless your opponent has a beast hand, just one heads on a Cyrus' Initiative T1 can be game-changing.

Sablelock usually holds by the skin of your teeth... But it almost won Washington states this year, and it can be pretty brutal in any circumstance.

-2 Chatot G
+1 Azelf
+1 Mesprit

Chatot is a self-rescuing Pokemon, so running three would probably just clutter your bench. You shouldn't need any more than one. Azelf would let you dig up Pokemon from your prizes, and Mesprit would lock down pesky powers while you went to town.

Maybe find a way to work in Crobat G to abuse with PokeTurn.

Also, Consider Sharpedo TM. You can potentially discard their entire hand (even if it is a bit flippy)

have you considered RR Jirachi? Lets you use a supporter twice. would work nicely for hand control with TRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back