Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I got... second again. :) (No sour grapes this time)

bonslypwns

So I repeated my last year 2nd place.

<<Sour Grapes Skipped (I'll spare all details ;)) lol>>

Anyways, my report! My list was this:

Pokemon: 12
3-1 Dialga Lv.X G
3 Crobat G
2 Uxie
2 Unown G
1 Skuntank G

Trainers: 35
4 cyrus
4 roseannes
4 poke turn
4 energy gain
3 power spray
4 premier ball
3 great ball
2 bebes search
2 galactic HQ
1 night maintenance
1 bucks
2 cynthias
1 luxury ball

Energies: 13
4 Special metal
5 basic metal
4 call energy

It's sketchy because I threw it together the night before with no help, and no testing. Yeah... lol :thumb: So it's turbo dialga. Supposed to get T1 deafen every game, which it did in the tournament. And it had solid match-ups, and Dialga can take it's own on almost anything so.... I figured why not.

During registration I signed up, and figured out Kevin and Tyler, my friends, and biggest competetion from Colorado are BOTH playing GeChamp. Whoo. Then my friend Matt, Tangrowth/Sceptile. Yeah! lol And they did scouting, and found the tier 1 for the seniors was AMU/PLOX. >.> Really? And then there was random junk everywhere. I was like whatever, don't worry about it. But there were 2 magmortars. Now THAT worried me... auto loss much? Anyways it started with 35 seniors, 6 rounds, top 8.

Round 1: ToxiTank
Well this match-up is EASY. I start with crobat and have to go first, ew. I bench a dialga though, and call energy. But during the turn I drew, he drew, and then he got a warning. Already? lol Anyways, T2 deafen, then I see I can just win with 80 each turn and do that. I just kept the Dialga and did 80, 80, 80. I knocked out a Crobat, Toxircorak, and toxicroak for the game.

1-0

Round 2: PLOX/Giritina
Well after my T1 deafen, he couldn't candy much. And he was stuck with ralts doing no damge while he powered up a Giratina and kirlia he's manually eveolving, and taking 20 damage. Yeah :cool: lol After poison and deafen kills, it's like 6-2 on prizes. I knew I had the game. But then, he whips out a Platinum Gardevoir. I'm like, oh no problem. He sends it up, buts 3 energies on it. I'm like wait, uh-oh. Well 60-30. 30 damage i'll still be alive. Then he uses the first attack, and does 90 damage to me KO. I was just sitting there like... oh wow. I wasn't ready for that. So I send up a uxie, and I start psychic resoting. And set-up another dialga. I eventually KO the Gardevoir and finsih with 0-3 on prizes. He made a good effort to comeback. He asked for my help on his deck but it was lunch break and I never got to it that day... I feel bad lol

2-0

Me and Matt walked down to Arby's. I got the wrong order and had Arby melts instead of Juniors... ewww cheese. lol

Round 3: Magmortar/Leafeon
He turned over Eevee to my dialga. I was like EASY WIN. I go first, attach, pass. He goes, benches a Magmar... uh-oh. Attaches fire passes. I go, I can do 20 with flash bits and then second strike for the KO, but the deafen lock would break, and he'dbring up the Magmortar and kill me... so I decided to do my stuff I usually do ina turn, set-up some stuff, then deafen. bad choice. He attaches a call to the eevee, gets 2 more magmar's. UGH. lol I deafen kill with poison. The next 4 turns he has 2 magmar's he's sending up while he either passes or powers up a benched magmortar, or hits me fore like 30. I finally get through those and get lucky enough to face the Mag X. Wooh! But I had another Dialga ready, premier ball, everything. But he has enough for flame bluster or that snipe attack after KOing by Dialga to kill the other one. I was definitely second guessing stuff. But I send up my friend, SKUNTANK. I am saved by smokescreen. Through poison, and him getting 2 tails ina row on smokescreen, I KO the Magmortar with Skuntank! Yesssss. lol He sends up rotom, and it's now 5-2 on prizes me. He evolves a benched Eevee to Leafeon, attaches and attahces 2 with rotom. I go, sned up dialga, secondstirke for 30 beacause of resistance or something like that. He gets head on level max, I spray leaf x's power, then he uses Rotom again. Not his Leaf is ebast. But I have it planned out so i'll be 10 away from a KO, and I cans et-up the win. I ko the rotom, he comes up with leaf and comes 10 short, I poison it, flash bite it, energy lost for 80 and discard no energy... lol well he goes, and it comes my turn in between poison KO game! Yessssssss. IDK what just happened but i heart skuntank :p

3-0

Round 4: Matt - Tangrowth/Sceptile
Once i saw the pairings I felt bad for him. We knew if I got Dialga X out it was game. Well T2 Dialga X, I attahc an unown G like a pro, so he does 0 damage, and can't affect me at all with his attack. He scoops because it got so rediculous. Sorry dude :(

4-0

Round 5: Brenndon or whatever - AMU/PLOX
I get a HORRIBLE start. I get corbat, 3 premier, 3 great balls, uxie. Normally it would be good. But he psychic locks me. I dont start attacking until like T4 and things got out of hand. he always had supreme balst ready, and bring down and... yeah. Not pretty why a bad start this game? lol

4-1

Round 6: Raichu/Gyrados/Sabelye
I was like yesss. Noob, easy win. But then I remembered... oh shoot raichu is resistant. And then after a fleecity's T1 with sabelye discarding 2 magikarps, I come to find out what Gyrados does. That's the most broken card ever! 130 HP, free attack, 30x each magirkarp in discard. Seriously? Then on top of that Raichu's were beating down on me. I couldn't get my x out when he leveled up so he could attack twice. I only won because time was called and i was ahead. Had time not been called, I would have lossed probably. Such a hard match-up!

5-1

So I make it into top 8. 4 players are CO, 4 are Utah. I am 3rd seed, and play Jacob J. He plays Gengar/Mewtwo. Turned out to be 2-2 Mewtwo too. Interesting, I had a lot of time to think about how to beat it and some help on what to do with friends.

Top 8: Jacob J. - Gengar/Mewtwo
I get t1 deafen, he csn't get andies out so I start plowing through with poison too. I get x out for mew2's, and once he gets 2 gengar's, I g up my skuntank and uxie, but he never attacked anything besides my dialga's... I dispossed of almost every trainer besides my 1 staidum I could never get rid or. This game just becomnes a slaughter. I felt sorry for the kid :(

Game 2:
Similar to game 1, I got crazy fast stuff, and poison killed Gengars to avoid flips. There was a point in time where I didn't have an x for the Mew2, but he wasn't able to get it out. If he did, things might have changed. But I easily swept. Sorry again dude, good tournament!

6-1

Top 4: Kevin A. - GeChamp
Whoo. I get to play my biggest competetion back at home. I really feel sorry. Combined in both games, I get around 20 straight deafen attacks. I never gae up that deafen, had I let up, evern one turn. I would have lost. I knew I couldn't, even if I could get a fast prize. He had no counter stadiums so poison stuck, and I didn't let him get a champ, he only got 1 genger that game. I killed everything else. And I got all 3 power sprays gone in the first 2 turns. spraying a claydol, claydol, and uxie. That really messed him up.

Game 2: I go first, surprise. I have one basic, oh no. Uxie............. I go, 30 damage to machop. He can donk me, nooooooooooo. bHe plays 3 dusk balls htta turn, and some supporters, and doesn't get the champ. He had the candy and he can't get the donk. I was SO releived. He hit me fo 10. I drew, played Dialga, energy gain, attach, retreat uxie, deafen. And from there I win because I don't let up once so he can't candy at all, and he egts one champ out but by that time all his fightings werre prized or in dicard and since I deafened he couldn't maintenance, and I sprayed his azelf so he was in trouble. He later scooped. Sorry dude.

7-1

Top 2: Brenndon - AMU/PLOX
This game I get t1 deafen not that it matetred, because he somehow got everything going. One of my dialga's were prized the whole time so I eventually was left fighting with uxies. And my skuntank. lol I had 2 prizes left, and KOed a Gardvoir, I just needed the Dialga. I drew a... premier. I lost that game just because I couldn't get the last dialga.

Game 2: I look though my deck t2, 2 dialga's are prized. A few turns later I scoop after my only non-prized Dialga gets koed. know to use Azelf in it now ;) :lol:

7-2

So my friend matt gets 4th, my friend Kevin gets 3rd, and I get second. And tyler my other CO freind gets like 6th. So CO in Juniors AND Seniors took 3/4 spots in top 4. IMO, that's better then 1 first place. That still shows how consistent and good are players are.

Props:
2nd
1000 scholarship
Box of cards
However many points ill get
Matt, kevin, and tyler for a great showing!
All the CO players playing here, or anywhere else! Nice job guys!
Turbo dialga lol
Me doing good with a sub par list, and untested deck
Trophy
UXIE! (Inside joke, me and kevin are gunna make the UXIE song)
And to much other stuff lol

Slops:
But one thing, my 2 x's in my box were each shaymin x, really???? >.> lol

Thanks for reading!

~Peace

Your seniors did make a splash at Regs this year, but we still got the sweeeeeppppp, haha. It was good to see you guys come down here this year

Well masters wouldn't have been Utah had Ian, Adrian, of Breton made it down ;) lol we'll never know. I still think dominating 3/4 people in top 4 wins it.

kevin: Uxie! lol

Good job getting second man!! i'm happy i got 5th with it being my first tourny in over a year haha. i was hoping you or kevin would win, but 3 in top 4 is also very good :)

Pokepockets: LOL next year in colorado we will see
Raikou: thanks :) you did great too!
Lugiamaster: thanks and good job on your win!

Maybe, perhaps next year our better players can hone our skills and we can finally play at the Branders skill lever, ugh =P

pokedaddy: No problem :thumb:
pokepockets: lol is that possible? I think the Branders are argueably one of the best players in the game. I'm not just saying that because I know them personally and stuff. Not to mention the SOTG! WOW. lol Looking forward to next year :]

Back