Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I have the best roommate ever. Seriously.

Cresprit

My roommate is from Japan, for starters. She went to the Pokemon Center while she was home for winter break and brought me back a TON of stuff because she knows how obsessed I am. This stuff includes a Jirachi folder (gold Jirachi outline on a dark blue background, with small -- dime-sized -- Jirachi silhouettes and different kinds of Pokeballs in a lighter shade of blue), as well as these things that are like sticky notes but not; apparently they're supposed to be bookmarks, and there are a Pikachu, a Piplup, a Pachirisu, and a Buneary one. They're small, about an 1 1/2 inches high, and paper. They're adorable. Plus she got me a plastic thing about the size of a mousepad, which apparently you put under the sheet of paper you're writing on to keep all the ones underneath it smooth and clean and fresh, and this thing has Shaymin land forme, the DP starters, and Pikachu on one side, then on the other the Shaymin is sky forme. Not to mention the cool swag that's really only advertisements, like two small movie posters for the Giratina and the Sky Warrior (only it's in Japanese, so I can't read all of it), random ads for Platinum, and the bags themselves, which have an adorable Turtwig on them and are green. (You know, shopping bags. I think they're cute. >>; )
This has pretty much lifted my spirits which have been down for over a week now. Long story short: I have the best roommate ever.

One question, Pokegym: a sheet of paper that I found in the bag has a picture of Pikachu, sleeping, and says "nemuri Pikachu 2009.2.7" on it. Nemuri comes from nemasu, the verb 'to sleep,' but I don't recognize this conjugation and it's not in my dictionary. It probably just means "sleeping Pikachu" or something like that, but I don't know what the date's related to. Anybody know anything about this?

i believe there's a new sleeping pika plush coming out soon; i seem to remember reading about it on one of the lj comms i read. that's probably what the ad is for.

cool stuff :) i had friends bring me a bag full of pika/pokemon center stuff a few years ago, and they remain some of my most treasured items.

'mom

the only way to get japanese plushes here in the US is to go to anime conventions.
there was an english sleeping pikachu plush a while back but it was only available through pokemon center nyc.

Lucky. My roommate just sits on facebook all day looking at pics of people ;/ rofl

This is a an example of our convos usually:

Me: Yo whatsup man
Him: Hey
Me: How was your weekend?
Him: Alright
Me: Do anything cool?
Him: No
Me: Well I bungee jumped off of the empire state building in my backyard naked.
Him: Cool
Me: hahahaha I'm jk foo
Him: Oh

This usually lasts about a minute or so before I give up and do something else ;/

Plus she got me a plastic thing about the size of a mousepad, which apparently you put under the sheet of paper you're writing on to keep all the ones underneath it smooth and clean and fresh

Wow, it always annoys me when I have dents in my paper from previous writing... the Japanese have an invention for EVERY little thing that could be an even minor inconvenience...

Back