Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I like to write so i'll post one (FL States)

JokerBoi

As much as I wanted to reclaim my throne as the Florida State Champion I knew the chances of that were highly unlikely. Florida is hands down the toughest state when it comes to pokemon and when you play around good players you inevitably become a good player. Thus Florida naturally breeds good pokemon players making it harder to win. I drive to cocoa the friday before states it takes a lot longer than I thought but I am so excited to be there. I end up staying the night and playtesting. Basically I had two choices either I played my version of G or Dialga with dusknoir. My version of G was designed to beat the mirror more than 60 percent of the time then again it loses to anything with machamp which I knew would be played. As much as I was scared of noir getting poisoned or dropped by crobat I still felt that it was the play as it was unexpected and causes your opponent more disruption.

The day of the tourney I have my list ready but I am in need of a dialga G lv.X and cannot find the person who was going to lend it to me and when I did registration was just closing so yes, I get a round one loss. A great way to start the day but I remain humble.

Round 2
I am playing a very pretty lady. I think she said she was from hungry and she was very nice. So we start and she was confused about some rulings. I go aggro dialga and end the game pretty quickly
1-1

Round 3
I am playing against another woman with torterra. My opening hand is dialga, 3 special metal, a baltoy, a claydol, and a energy gain. Um yay. I proceed to plow through her set up. She gets a turtle up but sceptiles body is being shut off and 4 energy is too much for this format. I win.
2-1

Round 4.
I am palying a guy finally he is playing the ultimate hand disruption deck with absol, giratina, and empoleon and it ran pretty well. I get a dialga out t2 and he starts to baleful wind. I am forced to stop the deafen lock and get rid of absol. However he can't get anthing set up and when he does get an empoleon out I dark palm it back into the deck it was GG from there.
R
3-1

Round 4
I am playing Omar. We are pretty good friends Before the match I remind him of how he can never beat me in a premier event and then he jokes about how his AP calculus trumps my AP statistics and how his 100 pecent bright futures exceeds my 75 lol. I win the coin flip and go first this pisses me off because I had the turn two lock FTW. He is playing G so I go first and attach then he attaches to his active palkia. I deafen and then second strike putting palkia at 60. He KO's dialga and I promote a dusknoir with 30 damage and snipe his benched gigas. At this point I realize he has nothing and I am most likely going to win. He uses that one stank breath attack with palkia putting me at 80. On my turn I evovle into the lv. X and I snipe gigas for the KO. He goes and does warp point I guess in a attempt to disrupt me. And he plays down a mespirit and says "mespirit" obviously implying that he is using his power. Being the noob that I am I roseanne's for a energy to retreat out of the warp. Then I claydol once, the two cards I get with my first claydol I immediatly throw down and claydol once again with my second, I draw a cyclone and dusknoir DP and evovle into noir and declare dark palm... I know right. He goes "wait I used mespirit." I am like omg why did they ever print that card? So the judges come and we (the players) both agree that a)I got the dusknoir off the second claydol B)I immediately threw the first 2 cards down to get the last two, and C)I used roseanne before I cosmic powered therefore no shuffling occured. Completely rewindable right? Wrong. The judge tells me that I have to name one of the first two cards I threw under or its a game loss. The whole beauty of claydol is that you throw in the two cards in your hand you need the least thus making them extremely forgettable. At first I am like I think it was a poketurn and a energy gain. Then the judge asks me if I am sure while looking at the two cards. This only causes me to second guess myself, I find myself feeling like I am a contestant on who wants to be the next florida state champ. I finally guess a energy gain and dialga when it was actually a hq and a poketurn had I stuck with my first guess I wouldn't had got a game loss. Omar wins and I do my best to smile. I love pokemon to much to let a game loss bring me down. By the way Omar I still have never actually lost to you in a premier event lol.
3-2

Round 6
I was against a man playing leafeon. He gets perfect set up and I have the edge until he poke healers off a fresh 80 damage. I realize that a misplay could lose me the game at this point and I find myself thinking more than I usually do. Eventually he has out two leafeon lv.X after one has been KOed a sceptile and way too many energy to count. Well dark palm throws a benched leafeon back into the deck and the game back into my hands because on that same turn I KO the active leafeon. I go on to win pretty easily. But it was a tough match all the way to the end.
4-2

Round 7
He was playing some kind of fire stuff he misplays and grabs the wrong pokemon with bebe and I win the game in the next two turns.
5-2

I get 23rd and I am at the bottom of the 5-2 because of my stupid round 1 loss... I stick around and play in the side event. I also find out from various people that some of those who made my same claydol misplay only got prize penalties. I guess they remembered the two cards they threw.

Props:
-Seeing everyone and having a fun day.
-Larry A. For letting me stay in one of his rooms.
-Greg for being a great friend, the miami kids especially richard, justin, and the dude that lent me dialga, and I guess thoy eventhough he can be ridicolously annoying more than 80 percent of the time.
-Witnessing all of the crazy things us pokemon players do/say.
-Jim winning.

Slops:
-Round 1 loss.
-Game loss.
-The arrogant pokemon players who literally think that they are god's gift to pokemon.
-Having to drive home at 3 in the morning.

Last edited:
Game Loses seemed to be popular during States this year, I don't know why. Completely rewindable gamestates should never warrant a gameloss unless you have been previously penalized.

I played the guy with the disruption deck!!!!!!! He ended up with the Giranta lx-x in play. Had the Empoleon Lv-x up and was useing Supreme C. and played at least two team Galactic Mars. Oh yea did I mention he started with the Basic of Goldduck and used (headache) the first 3 turns of the game on me and flipped heads so I couldn't play any Supporters, Trainers, or Stadiums. Geeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

If you can believe it, after all of that I still won the game!!!!!

KEN

hey due that is stillll kinda good 23rd just wondering what were u playing in liek age group also will u be at florida regionals??? your deck seems good to but y did u want to borrow a diagla lv x not just trade 4 1?

Back