Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I Lost The Game T8 Report

goldedda

Yo with this being my last year in seniors i tried to have a good deck for worlds. Because i always loved Powerlock and it won me all my big tournies i decided to play for worlds my Healplox deck.

here is teh list

4-2-3-1 gardevoir lv.x 3 sw gardys
1 gallade
2-2 claydol
1-1 azelf x
1-1-1 nidoqueen
3 spiritomb
1 unown g
1 unown q

3 bebes search
4 rosseannes
3 Judge
2 expert belt
4 poke healers +
3 rare candy
1 palmers contribution
1 lucians assignment
1 luxury ball

5 psychic
4 call
4 dce

some notes: it looks standard spiritplox list only that i run healers cause they are amazing they won me so many games, also i run no uxie cause i think its a waste of bench space and if i can search for a uxie y not search for tomb and start gracing to my evoloutions

with that said I'm from socal my name is edmund k i'm in seniors

Pre grinder: played egss or arceus and pwned many people In cluding my friend spencer and justin lol u lost to egss and u top decked
grinders: i cheer on my cal buddies but none of them make it in :( man my friend with arceus got so close grinding in

7 rounds
top 16 cut
Deck: HealPlox

WORLDS: we watch boring opening ceremony i talk with some nice guys from netherlands and david from norway and then round 1 starts

round 1 vs Spencer Brown (US) < lol one of my friends w Luxchomp/ claydol/mismaguis
this is flielereaus i play him first round oksy so i start with tomb slow him down but he gets t2 claydol waaaaaaaaaaaaat wow so lucky i get underwat with t4 pplxo + belt and judge him he gets off a judge a dragon rush and rushes my claydol, i plox him and he gets another rush on my baltoy, after that he gets a nother rush on my active gardy I'm like watttttttt okjay so i keep whiffing on drawing healers so i go judge and off that i get double healer :) play it and from that moment i just keep ploxing later get queen out and soon he can't draw more prizes so i winwith him only drawing 3 prizes

GG - u killed my resistance goin 2-5

1-0

lol just notice right now i have a cheering section of 6 people now lol wasn't payin attention to teh surroundings of my game so now they keep watching all my games

round 2 vs George Win (US) w t-tar / exploud
so i get a fast start with t3 plox and judge but he responds iwth t4 t-tar to kill my gardy i gallade the t-tar he sacks a prize with tomb so he gets put exploud and another prize sacing to make is 2-4 my favour i have a belted gallade he send up t-tar i look trhough his discard pile and see 2 sps dark so he only has at best 2 left in his deck, he uses cosmic whiffs plays judge and draws out of 4 cards his sp dark kills gallade and ties with this i scoop cause he can easily draw 2 prizes and i can't

GG thx for goin 4-3 being one of the better players in my resistance

1-1

round 3 vs Ryan Goodsite (DM) w luxchomp
so before game starts i get his pokemon card lol okay i start with baltoy call for tomb and ralts he dce luxray does stuff and ites i retreat and start gracing stuff up, he uses on his turn for cyrus grabs bebe and bites on my turn i use judge and grace to gardy, he goes top deckz collector grabs bat kills my active and top deckz from his [prizes his luxray x ( he didn't play azelf yet) so now he brighr looks up claydol and kills it, wow 2 prizes behind good for me i already have another dol set up i send up gardy belt it and plox + judge, out of teh judge he draws uxie x lucario gl and dce waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, okay so eh send baldes for 120 lucky for me i also have queen in play so on my turn i go use cosmic get double healers and plox so my gardy is now at 20 damage. he goes top deckz cyrus waaaaaaaaaat wjere does all this stuff come from. basically i keep using plxo and another judge but from taht he gte schomp dce and gain wow and dragon rush my claydol but by taht time i had 2 gardys ready keep retreat and healing with azelf x in play after some turn i have a third one ready and a fully powered queen to his weak board after more top deckz on his side he rushed my gardevoir for 880 i heaer it away and plox next turn he just ends his turn so i can plox for game

GG man dude u killed my resistance goin 1-6

2-1

round 4 vs Ryoma Hamamoto (JP) nooooooooo i got downpaired the master didvison world championship deck luxchomp with dialag g and warp energys
okay he start with chomp and dialga i'm like damn he is uisng dialagchomp but after some turns of me gracing to gardevoirs and claydol he only keeps getting lighting energys with cyrus then i go plox + belt _ judge after that he nevr gets set up and i killed his 3 pokemon easily
after the game i foun out it was luxchomp lol

GG man thx for goin 3-4 thats one of my best opponent resistance

3-1

round 5 vs Eric Wu (US) w Healplox without healers
wow so we came here all the way just to have a socal vs norcal game again and its even a mirror sucks
okay i go first just get to call on his turn he gets fats stuff than me out ouch i'm one turn behind so instead of him using t2 plxo with giratina he uses azelf to lcok me up and level up next turn and plays smart by k.oing my tomb taht had 50 damage on it with a crobat so i send up claydol but he belt plox me , 4-6 behind dang, so i send up gardy attach eblt also attach eblt to nidorina on teh bench and power taht up i plox him for 80 he goes and ploxes me for 110 i draw i atach anothe rpsy t nidorina lay down my 2 cards hand DOUBLE heALERS yea i had taht in my hand and k.o his active gardy 4-4 prizes he has a gardy ready but no belt he only runs 2 belts one is used so he sends it up uses cosmic whiffs plays lookers on himself and draws teh belt to k.o my gardy :( 2-4 his favour i send up tomb and sac it to get a queen in play he kills taht too i send up azlef level up retrwta to queen and ruthles tail for 120
he goes plxo me for 60 after i heal it away and i ruthless tail again 1-2 prizes he send up gardy plays warp point and lock up azelf x i'm like okay my queen heals he sees his misplay so i go play down ralst candy gardy use telepass for baltoy and stuff, on his turn he does teh right thing an dddep balance azlef x for 60 so even iof queen heals 2 damage i'm still off cause he will bring me down next turn for game so i think through all my possibilties i'm like i have a 25% chance to win 75% to lose lets gamble telepass rosy for ralts and psy use hypnoblast i get heads and HE GETS TAILS he draws and ends i reat to queen kill azelf x now my azlef is not ohkoable by bring down i can ohko anything in play with queen he sees taht and scooops

GG ERIC that was a sick game sorry for teh bad beat also thx for resitance goin 4-3

4-1 so sicccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk hypnoblast wins me games

round 6 vs Michael Bergerac (US) w amuplox + dusknoir + claydol
i get crap start tp his t1 mesprit t2 plox and judge get better hand off judge but my prizes killed me i had 1-1 azlef x prized and after 5 more turns i lose

GG man that was a bad game on my side but ty for resistance goin 5-2

4-2

okay i have horrible resistance and to have a chance making t16 i need to win next round guess wats

round 7 vs Thomas Arena (US) Sablelcok DOWNPAIRED AGAIN WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
wow i was really pissed i told him i got downpaired again and he really was nice he said cause i hav a chance of top cutting eh sccop to me THX MAN

5-2

so i'm like totally in praying mode made even a bet i make cut even though i have horrible resistance standoings come up and............

I"M 16THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
so sickkkkkkkk i was so fhappppppy yea another chance but mty top 16 match would eb agaisnt teh undefeated of the tourny using DIALAGCHOMP wat noooooooooooooooooooooo i harte this matchup even though i beat it at states in the finals with plox still hate this matchup

so

t 16 vs 1st seed Aaron Lin Feng Choong (AU-NC) using dialagchomp
game 1: i get okay start to also his okay srat cause he got t3 or 4 claydol basically he uses 2-3 cyrus ealry gamne sets up chomp then i go t5 plxo + belt + judge to ruin his draws but somehow he keeps top decking supporters to stay in the game he even gets 2 dragon rushes off to 2 hit my gallade on bench but all i'm doing is plxong with queen in play after he runs out of fuel and has no dialag in play i win this game by 3 prizes

1-0 HOLY chissle de missle did i just beat dia.agchomp with using jsut plox only one more win then t8 again like last year

game 2 i geta good start with my first t2 plox + belt + judge to kill his chomp that was active witha psy and a dce to get a fats lead i plxo until prizes are 2-6 my favour then i judge him out of taht judge he draws cynthias and start comebacking he uses 2 dragon rushes in a row but i double healer twice in a row, then he gets a dialag gx ready and gets 2 heads on remove lost o kremove my dce and psy on active gardy so i reat and plox his active dialag for 60 he kills em making it 2-4 priuzes i send up another gardy non belted for 30 he kills it making it close 2-3 prizes send up my damage belted gardy with 800 damage on it i go attach psy tpo it use lucian move 2 call from my claydol to it and plxo for k.o
1-2 prizes he stalls with drifblim trying to get something set up but queen is healing my gardy and finally after blim has 80 on it and he ran out turn i plox him for game

GG man
I BEAT DIALAGCHOMP without using gallade LOLOLOOLOLOLOOL

now onto t8 i play against

t8 vs Ann-Marie Thompson (US) using cursegra/dusnkoir/manectric
game 1: i start horribly she start with uxie psy restopre for 30 i go play azlef c i have nidorina and gardy prized i need nidporina but my hand is bad so i grab gardy go candy gardy attach dce play jjudge i draw horrible of it so i end she prollly did to all she did is bench tomb and psy restore for 50 so i draw whiff on psy or rosy retat gardy for tomb and grace to kilria she goes top deckz rosy and gets set up :( after whiffing on other cards never get queen out i scoop after she drops dusknoir

0-1

game 2 i egt okay srat with t2 grace but then i notice are U KIDDING ME 2 gardys and azelf prized WAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt wow so i make it a close game she wiffs on faiting speel once to let me in the game but she draws of her own judge a belt to kill my gardy so i just gotta gam,ble with queen to have a chance to win the game i go kill after gengar sf she flipps heads its all over ouut in t8 again aaaaagggggggggghhhhhh whiffed on invite again

GG u playee very well but misplayed game 1 when u culd have curse to my azlef and shadow room and there would eb nothin i could have done then

so i get 8th make top 8 twice in a row now i stay there watch the finals and feel sick after a uxie x top deck oh well

props
top 8 again
scolarship money
scoop donking people
sick luck
gardys aka ploxing
egss
my arceus deck breaking the metagame
my socal buddies for being my cheering section
THOMAS ARENA :)

slops
not making it farther
bad luck
losing the game
always in need of scoop protectors
L_X_F losing my arceus deck :( usk
uxie x top deck
downpaired twice
none of my socal buddies grinding in

well thats all cya next year in masters

Congrats on top 8 again, man. Wish we could have had a better second game.

And in my mind not KOing Azelf wasn't a misplay, but meh.

hey ed every time i read your reports i always lose THE GAME i hate that but nice job and haha for L~X~F for losing your game breaking arceus

Congrats on top 8!

If you played at any side events, did you win them by Mewtwo walling your opponents like you did to me that one time? hahaha

Good luck in the future!

-Aaron

t 16 vs 1st seed Aaron Lin Feng Choong (AU-NC) using dialagchomp
game 1: i get okay start to also his okay srat cause he got t3 or 4 claydol basically he uses 2-3 cyrus ealry gamne sets up chomp then i go t5 plxo + belt + judge to ruin his draws but somehow he keeps top decking supporters to stay in the game he even gets 2 dragon rushes off to 2 hit my gallade on bench but all i'm doing is plxong with queen in play after he runs out of fuel and has no dialag in play i win this game by 3 prizes

1-0 HOLY chissle de missle did i just beat dia.agchomp with using jsut plox only one more win then t8 again like last year

game 2 i geta good start with my first t2 plox + belt + judge to kill his chomp that was active witha psy and a dce to get a fats lead i plxo until prizes are 2-6 my favour then i judge him out of taht judge he draws cynthias and start comebacking he uses 2 dragon rushes in a row but i double healer twice in a row, then he gets a dialag gx ready and gets 2 heads on remove lost o kremove my dce and psy on active gardy so i reat and plox his active dialag for 60 he kills em making it 2-4 priuzes i send up another gardy non belted for 30 he kills it making it close 2-3 prizes send up my damage belted gardy with 800 damage on it i go attach psy tpo it use lucian move 2 call from my claydol to it and plxo for k.o
1-2 prizes he stalls with drifblim trying to get something set up but queen is healing my gardy and finally after blim has 80 on it and he ran out turn i plox him for game

GG man
I BEAT DIALAGCHOMP without using gallade LOLOLOOLOLOLOOL

cocky much? :/

Back