Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

i need a deck idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

brick11

i need a deck idea for my friend that is so bad he could make the last place junior battle road kid look like the world champion of masters. he loves pokemon but does not know how to execute strategy at all. hes in seniors and needs a deck that anybody could run so if u can help me out please post a deck idea here.:thumb:

pokemon:4
4 groudon

trainers/supporters:21
4 quick ball
4 rosenannes
4 prof oaks vis
3 cynthias
3 NM
3 bucks

energy:35
32 fighting
3 call

strat donk wit groudon

Last edited:
GrouDONK. It's very simple (all it is is attach - Drought - attach - Huge Quake - attach - Huge Quake - etc.), and can win any game.

It is nice that you want to help your friend and I wish you luck with that. I am going to offer you a little help now. This Deck Help and Strategy forum has guidelines (http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15749) which require a decklist and strategy for each thread. You need to add that or this thread will be closed. Another option would be to request that this thread be moved to the Cards: Strategy, Rulings, and Collecting forum. It might be a better fit there.

The whole point of Regirock is to get NRG for Groudon. Therefore you need Stark Mountain to move the NRG to him.

You are only running basics. I don't think you need bebe.

This build runs out of gas very quickly. There is virtually no chance to refresh hand. No hand = no NRG = no Drought = Big dumb pokemon waiting to get taken down. At a minimum I would max out Cynthia.
I would drop the Pluspower and replace with Oak for more draw.
Uxie might work (draw to you have 7)

Consider NRG pick-up flippy but can squeeze in another 100 dmg.

TM TS-2 - devolutor can KO 2HKO the 100+ HP guys while still attaching NRG

I tried really hard to make this a no brainer deck for my 6 year old. But I just couldn't make it work 6 prizes doesn't sound like a lot but the deck consistently dies and I couldn't use it.

Kindra/Claydol is just as easy to run. It just as fast, donks more often and has staying power.

Its alot easier and quicker with just 4 groudons and cut a few of the trainers for more energy the more energy you have the better the drought will work every time you need it to. I run 4 gorudon 4 Rosannes and 52 energy thats a guarenteed 2nd,3rd,5th,6th etc hit for 100 :) hope that helps.

winkwink i would try and run uxie but if he got a uxie start its like auto-loss so im going to stay away from that.
any other fixes as of now?

You don't need that many energy. This is actually a good deck if you have a good list.

Try this

4 Don
2-2 dol
1 regirock
1 azelf
~10~

24 Fighting
~24~

2 warp point
4 switch
4 roseanne
4 NM
3 bucks
2 stark mountain
3 bebe
4 Quick ball
~26~
Something like this. You need some sort of a fast set up because otherwise you won't get a donk because of a muligan and they will just sacrifce stuff until they get a quick set up and kill your lone groudon or you will even eventually run out of steam.

we live and dream, we live and dream.

i dont have any extra claydol of azelf so i cant do that and if u didnt read the very first post it is for a friend that is so bad he could make the last place junior battle road kid look like the world champion of masters. so all the azelf and regirock and dol would make absolutely no sense to him at all so any other suggestions?

In that case just use 4 Oaks visit, 4 roseanne, 4 quick ball and 4 NM and 4 bucks. If you don't have these cards then I would just use all of those you can and then 4 don and the rest energy.

i can get 4 oaks maybe 4 roseannes 4 quick ball maybe 4 NM and probably 4 bucks so if so ill try that and see if he can run it without any questions or errors after i ex plain it to him.

This moves away from Groudon but is an alternative for a simple deck. How about T2 Houndoom? He would have to figure out how to evolve. But except for putting too many Houndour on the bench it runs pretty simplly and Houndoom is uncommon not rare. Here is a list to consider:

4 : Houndoom, LA-57
4 : Houndour, GE-69

4 : PlusPower, SW-121
2 : Night Maintenance, MT-113
4 : Quick Ball, MD-86
4 : Pokedex Handy910, DP-111
2 : Switch, DP-119
2 : Warp Point, UF-93
4 : Roseanne's Research, SW-125
3 : Buck's Training, LA-130
3 : Team Galactic's Wager, MT-115
2 : Bubble Coat, LA-129
4 : Technical Machine TS-1, LA-136

18 : Fire Energy, DP-124

hahahahahaha my friend run that. psha he would lose EVERY game. im going to try and get him a groudon deck together for him but he will probably have to play his stinky magmortar deck with random cards at battle roads because i couldnt get the cards but thanks for the input everybody!!.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back