Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I Saw something odd today

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNkoops

I was at target and I saw a weird promo box with an Old promo card from the Wizards day in the window of the box along with the Wizards versions of articuno, zapdos, and moltres, and three newer set packs ( I assume they were although the box felt VERY light). Anyone gotten one of these yet?

The one with promo Entie showing? & the 3 Movie promo birds?

No as we already have all those promos.

I also saw those at Target. I didn't bother buying them since I already have 2 of each of those promos. I think that "value pack" is meant for collectors who didn't go to the movies... 7 years ago.

Many times packages like that are done by Company's other than Nintendo or WOTC. Not sure how it works, but basically they have the same items the main distributors have. They package them up to sell them to get rid of them. Like when you see the packages that contain a pack and a promo for $4.99. It's a WOTC promo in it. I got some Japanese promos that way once. Nothing special, just the cards from the NEO 1-3 promos.

Many times packages like that are done by Company's other than Nintendo or WOTC. Not sure how it works, but basically they have the same items the main distributors have. They package them up to sell them to get rid of them. Like when you see the packages that contain a pack and a promo for $4.99. It's a WOTC promo in it. I got some Japanese promos that way once. Nothing special, just the cards from the NEO 1-3 promos.

League leaders "love" it when kids show up with one of those old WOTC cards that says "Bring this to league and get a special promo or something."

the pack only contained one booster which is why it was prob so light i didnt buy it but i read it. it also has a pop pack but it doesnt say which series

More than likely it's either POP 1 or POP 2. Seeing as how they have been out for the longest time. The older promos tend to be given out first until they run out. And then they switch to something else. Most Promos aren't worth much value wise, since they are so abundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back