Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I think i have a good card

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtwig999

raichu_prelease_rarest_pokemon_card.jpg

Iv had this card for a while and i really love it
I havent seen any of these on ebay so how much is it worth.

My friend gave me it about 5 or so years ago as a moving away present (along with the rest of his cards.)
I just called him up yester day and ask were he got it he said he forgot but he got it at a totment (Prerealese hopefully) but anyway whats the value

I can't honestly tell you the value but I can tell you that it is quite rare. I have only ever seen or heard of two copies of this card, your one is the third. Regardless, if it is valuable to you, then take care of it. I have one of those Lightning type Mewtwos (from HP?) and I treasure that, mainly because reading over the mewtwo in the original Pokemon Pokedex book was the way that I learnt to read. You might have your own memories about that card (your friend) so I reckon that it's better to keep than sell.

looking at the image, it seems heavily photoshopped so i guess you better not believe this fella until he provide an unaltared photograph of the card

and the value, ill say - 1 million. That's all need to be said.

ROFL

You uploaded a Pokegym image to photobucket and claim to have it....not only that, but the image has been phtoshopped to an oval shape and been warped in a diagnal direction.

I really hope you did not intend to full anyone with this, cause it's a sad attempt.

If you really have the card then take a picture of it.

Please explain how your friend obtained this. There is no way he got it at a tournamnet....
if anything this is fake.
It is extremly hard to beleive you or a friend could come across this card

Read this for more info (history of the Pre-Raichu) http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32583&highlight=prerelase

Note this part

Because of all this, the card was known by many to really exist, but with the lack of official confirmation and no copies to point to, an air of mystery and desirability grew over the card. Many top collectors had it on their "want list", but they all knew it was futile. That no copies of the card had ever hit the market, either for sale or trade.

AND THIS

Now, imagine that this sheet had Clefable after Clefable after Clefable and then at some point it switched over to a series of 8 Raichu. I say eight because that is the number given by Mr. Boozer (Certainly, it could have been 11 copies as Mr. Finch reported to Edo all those years ago. However, 8 or 11, the number is exceeding small). When they ran the sheet through the foil stamped, these few Raichu were also stamped. Once the proof copies were delived to WotC, the managers noted the problem and corrected it for the rest of the print run. However, what to do with these 8 or so copies? They each got one and have kept them to themselves for all of these years.

(Sounds a bit like Lord of the Rings at this point, doesn't it?)

While no copies have made it onto the market, we are glad to finally at least offer definative proof to collectors that the cards do, in fact, exist. Any price estimate would be just that, an estimate, since none have been sold.
However, conservatively, this is the most valuable and desirable English language Pokemon card and so any estimate of it's value starts at a conservative $5000.00 and goes upward from there.

That leads to 3 possibilities

1.) Unless your friend somehow connects to WotC managers via relative, or something like that, there is absolutley no way you vcould have a genuine copy of that card.
2.) It is fake
3.) It's not a Pre-Release card, and just the normal Raichu with no Pre-Release stamp on it, and a mistake was made in identification by OP.

Last edited:
turtwig999: If you have it, and personally I doubt you do, take a picture of it with your digital camera and upload it to photobucket and then link to it, or take a picture of it with your cellphone, email it to yourself, then upload it to photobucket, and then link to it. To show everybody it's really yours, have a picture of it with a piece of paper next to it that says HA HA I AM TURTWIG999 AND I HAVE A PRERELEASE RAICHU. Then we'll know it's yours.

there were none of thos cards made
in america or japan its a fake card right now

There were 11 made in America....They were never released into the market, but it is confirmed by WotC Managers that 8-11 DO EXIST. Read the link in my last post.

Not the smartest way for you to earn "cred" on this website. No one believes you because of how wonky this picture looks. You may not have a scanner, but you do have a camera. Snap a photo of the card with a piece of paper with your name next to it. That will be the proof we need to know it's real. Otherwise, we're calling your bluff.

raichu_prelease_rarest_pokemon_card.jpg

Iv had this card for a while and i really love it
I havent seen any of these on ebay so how much is it worth.

My friend gave me it about 5 or so years ago as a moving away present (along with the rest of his cards.)
I just called him up yester day and ask were he got it he said he forgot but he got it at a totment (Prerealese hopefully) but anyway whats the value

Okay, here is the deal, you might have the Raichu from base set, but you certainly don't own the Pre-Release Raichu. If you did you would of found a way to prove that you owned it. Finally if you did have it you would know it's value as I can promise you out of all the copies of this card no one who has it doesn't know that it is worth a bunch of money if they were to get rid of it.

And since I feel this is just going to turn into a flame war and that this is a pointless discussion to have because one I highly doubt that you own it and there is no plausible way to price this card I am locking this thread.

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back