Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I want to damage my bench

Randy8124

So, Gardevoir's LV X attack Bring Down is a bear. It eats up my basics so that I can't even get setup to try to make a come back. So, what I would like to do is set up a Shuckle on my bench with about 30 damage. Since every G&G deck uses DRE, the Shuckle would be the target of the attack but would not be knocked out due to its Poke-Body. What is the easiest way to get controlled damage onto the Shuckle? By easiest I mean doing the damage to myself with the least amount of needed cards. Shuckle only has 60 HP and having my opponent do the damage is not good. Thanks in advance for the help.

Kecleon. Colorless basic can be splashed in just about any deck and does 20 damage to one of your benched Pokemon on a tails flip. On heads, this attack does 60 damage to the defending for CC!

If you are playing it in a Psychic or Fighting deck, even better since you will have a double Buffer Piece attached when Gardy or Gallade attack due to the Poke-Body.

Of course. In all likelihood if you are playing it in a Fighting or Psychic deck you will have some of that energy type somewhere in the deck. Actually, now that I think of it, these two cards would be great for mirror matchups. Maybe starting with Kecleon instead of Absol?

Crazy, playing an archetype and a counter at the same time!

This strategy is a bit hard to come by because it's only meant for Gardy, but you could try it...

Maybe try Shuckle with Mismagius and Drifblim.

Attack with Drfblim (Something about an explosion) it does 60 to active and 10 to all benched(Not to mention you now have Gardy's Weakness so a plus power knocks it out). Then free reatreat and Mismagious (still Gardy's weakness can use Avenge to do 10 damage times the number of your pokemon with damage on them, so now that would be all of them including you shuckles.

Also one more thing. It might be too much for the deck but I think the strategey is a bit outlandish in the first place so I'll just run with it. One of the newer Unowns released has an attack that makes you flip an energy attached to one of your opponents active and make it a Special that only counts for 1 :colorless. This will let you give him a special making Shuckles power kick in.

And Phobe's Stadium (Or the new one for Great Encounters) that way you make your retreat free and you make it impossible for your opponent to get the Special energy off of it.

This strategy is a bit hard to come by because it's only meant for Gardy, but you could try it...

Maybe try Shuckle with Mismagius and Drifblim.

Attack with Drfblim (Something about an explosion) it does 60 to active and 10 to all benched(Not to mention you now have Gardy's Weakness so a plus power knocks it out). Then free reatreat and Mismagious (still Gardy's weakness can use Avenge to do 10 damage times the number of your pokemon with damage on them, so now that would be all of them including you shuckles.

Also one more thing. It might be too much for the deck but I think the strategey is a bit outlandish in the first place so I'll just run with it. One of the newer Unowns released has an attack that makes you flip an energy attached to one of your opponents active and make it a Special that only counts for 1 :colorless. This will let you give him a special making Shuckles power kick in.

And Phobe's Stadium (Or the new one for Great Encounters) that way you make your retreat free and you make it impossible for your opponent to get the Special energy off of it.

2 pluspowers on Drifblim, not 1. Garde has 110 HP and +30 weakness.

What I find hilarious is that an Unown in Great Encounters singlehandedly forces Gardevoir to use it's Psychic Lock rather then Bring Down, and at the same time blocks Gallade. Hello, Unown G. Of course, it's only one pokemon, but such a card prevents you from auto-losing when your opponent has Gardevoir out and you have only one pokemon left.

You could always use Fossil Pokemon. They have text that allows you to discard them as the active, then push up another bench. You could stall with them till your drop Gardy, then use teleport to switch one out, then just cause a chain discard. Your opponent doesn't even get to take a prize.

Back