Ice cream social?

Discussion in 'World Championships' started by yoyofsho16, Jul 24, 2008.

1. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

What day is the Worlds Ice Cream social, i.e., if you Grind in, do you get to go?

2. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

Um, yeh, I am pretty sure this year it is not going to be an ice cream social. The "dinner" has been the following in the past -

2004 - (I am not sure)
    2005 - Huge Dinner Buffet
    2006 - Huge Dinner Buffet
    2007 - Ice Cream Party
    2008 - ???

I am taking it that is was Ice Cream because it was in Hawaii. I would rather have the "Dinner" than an Ice Cream social.. I enjoyed that more.

If you Grind in you DO NOT get to go. The fact is the "social" dinner or ice cream is during the grinder so you will not have earned an invited by the time the dinner is over.

Drew

3. Bohn

Bohn New Member

I'd rather a dinner also.
    Last year the ice cream melted so fast as it was so hot lol

4. ultimatedra

ultimatedra New Member

if there is anything left. the social is normaly closed down before the grinder is finished.

5. Jaeger

Jaeger New Member

04 was a huge dinner, amazing. Pokemon goes all out for the partys they are amazing.

6. Serebii1997J

Serebii1997J New Member

Does video game people also get to come xD?

7. The_Lurb

The_Lurb New Member

It's free, correct?

8. TheDarkTwins

I can't answer for POP nor would I want to, but logic says if both worlds are on Saturday that it could be assumed that they may also get invited to it when you pick up your stuff for earning a spot.

If you have earned an invite in the past it was. I would think that it will be again this year. It would suprise me if it wasn't.

Drew

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  9. The_Lurb

The_Lurb New Member

Ok, so those who don't have the invite it isn't free right? If so was there anyway in the past that non-invitees could pay for it, it would be very convenient if I didn't have to go anywhere else and get lost. XD

10. Jason

Jason New Member

Bah.

The food at icecream party is just so much fun.

But silly me, I ruined my social by going on gym too much there xD

This year, it should be better....

Cheers =D

11. DragonairMaster8

DragonairMaster8 New Member

IDK about last year, but when I was invited in 05 and 06 you had to have an invite and you could not get in otherwise. And Grinder people could not come because it happens during the grinder.

12. Jason

Jason New Member

the grinder people can enjoy icecream last year in hawaii..as it happen during the lunchbreak. (only to those that is a companian or relative to the competitor.

13. TheDarkTwins

No. they use a braclet to get into it. If you didn't have a bracelet you couldn't get in.

Yeh, I think that while the ice cream is great, I'd rather have a full meal. :biggrin:

That is 100% accurate. :thumb:

Um, that was because it was hard to control because it was in a wide open space and the fact that the ice cream was melting really fast and on top of that there was waaaaaay too much of it as well.

Drew

14. Serebii1997J

Serebii1997J New Member

Thanks for the info Drew:biggrin:

15. Jigsaw

Jigsaw New Member

Really I Won An Ice Cream For Becoming A World Participant? I Love It!

16. Donezator

Donezator New Member

No one told me abot this! Where, how and what day does this take lace?

Donezator

BTW I already have an invite

17. HoennAsh

HoennAsh New Member

It happens during the Last Chance Qualifier that takes place the day before the World Championships.

18. TheDarkTwins

And THIS is how rumors get started. :nonono:

Drew

19. Freezer

Freezer New Member

Hopefully we will have Dinner (like 2006) instead of ice cream...

20. z-man

z-man New Member

Sorry if this is off topic: o_O Dinner party? Ice cream social? When will these things happen? What else might I not know about getting an invite?