Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Idea for novice games: Card rentals

jigglejuice

In the pokemon stadium games you have the choice to use your own raised pokemon or "Rent" the game's pokemon for the duration of the Cup. I believe it would be a terrific idea if the same could apply to novice games in the PTCGO. Allow for players to use any legal card available in matches that won't count toward anything. It would really be a paradise for deck testing to have access to any card you wanted. As long as it isn't an expert match or tournament, the rented decks can be used. I don't know alot about the technical aspects of the PTCGO, but if this were ever implemented it would be amazing. Thoughts?

I really like the idea to extent. It should help players, provide a fun way to play, but it shouldn't be playtcg, because they can't make money that way, and it provides a disincentive to buy cards. They need a way to entice people to play novice though, because right now expert is theme deck central and it makes the game less fun
Posted with Mobile style...

This is how "Practice" games should work. You can use any card, regardless of whether you "have" it or not. This way, you can better test for your "tournament" or "ranked" games, and you can get a better idea of which sets to invest in.

Back