ifds lumineon and dusknoir dp

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by treyh37, Jul 9, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. treyh37

treyh37 Member

Lumineon LV.38 – Water – HP80
    Stage 1 – Evolves from Finneon

Poke-Power: Fin Sparkle
    You can use this Power once during your turn, if this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon. Look at your opponent’s hand, and if your opponent has room on his or her Bench, choose 1 Basic Pokemon card and play it onto the Bench. Then, switch that Pokemon with your opponent’s Active Pokemon. This Power can’t be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

[.] Swift Swim: Does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon, ignoring Weakness and Resistance.
    [W] Elegant Swim: 30 damage. Flip a coin, if heads prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Lumineon during your opponent’s next turn.

Weakness: Lightning (+20)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: 0

this strikes me as a very powerful way to get rid of your opponents pumped up active and replace it with a weak basic, granted its slower then say just using a warp point and this isn't a very strong stage 1, but i can see some use of it with dusknoirs dark palm power

2. Rambo1000

Rambo1000 New Member

this combo is broken. it was too hard to pull off consistently with luxray/dusknoir, but this seems much better.

3. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

Aw, just what Pokemon needs. Opponents "telling" us what pokemon we can/can't play. :rolleyes:

4. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

This also works with IFDS Mismagius & Lumineon.

5. Dual_Draw

Dual_Draw New Member

It works better, then you actually have something somewhat decent to attack with.

6. Time for Pain

Time for Pain <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

now we just need a way to look at the opponents hand

7. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

We did, Mew ex HP.

8. flariados

flariados New Member

Too bad that will be rotated:rolleyes:

9. The Captain

The Captain New Member

milotic too but its also gone

10. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

Finally! Someone else has seen the combo!

I attempt to do this with Luxray, but it just wasn't consistent enough, now i can give it one more shot with the Lumineon!

11. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

Its fairly obvious.

12. BANGINBOX

BANGINBOX New Member

This combo is amazing.....

I played it at States and never tore the deck. It outright loses to a psychic lock, but has potential to beat EVERY OTHER DECK in the format.

Here is a link to strat and a solid list....

Board Control as seen by Jimmy Ballard

Good luck and I cant wait for it to come out either.....

Jimmy

13. Rambo1000

Rambo1000 New Member

that was the best deck ever :(