Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Infern Burn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiara

Greetings fellow gymer's, before I post my deck I'd like to say a few things. I just got back into pokemon today after playing in the undaunted pre release, so if I messed up somewhere with say the number of Lv. X in my deck that's allowed please let me know thanks! :)

Without further due here's my deck list. I could really use some help with the trainers. (Modified)

Pokemon:

Heatran Lv. X (2) StormFront
-This pokemon is a staple for this deck. He allows you to keep burn up. If your opponents pokemon is burned they can't do much of anything to unburn it and it's coin flips are treated as tails for burn. Retreating works but this body is just an added bonus to this deck. His poke power is what makes this deck tick. It allows your active fire/metal pokemon that discards basic energy cards for an attack to keep up to two of them.

Heatran (2) Arceus
-I'm using this regular version over the other's because of it's first attack. It costs 2 energy and auto burns. This attack will come in handy if I'm stuck with a Heatran LV. X in play and nothing else. I can auto burn with this attack and his poke body would still kick in. I don't like the other ones because they cost 3-4 energy to use and that's to slow in modified.

Infernape (3) Majestic Dawn
-This guy is my main attacker. He has two attacks. Mach punch which costs a colorless does 30 damage and 10 to a benched pokemon. His second attack Mega Bravo costs one fire and does 40x in damage. When you use this attack all fire energy are discarded. The object here is to get two fire energy on him and use this attack discarding all fire energy cards attached to him. At the end of your turn you use Heatran LV. X's poke power which allows you to reattach two of those energy to him at the end of the turn. You're effectively doing 80 damage for free. If you need more damage than that you can attach another energy doing 120 damage for the cost of one fire energy!

Monferno (2) Majestic Dawn
-Fire Fang costs one fire does 30 damage and auto burns so he's really a no brainer with heatran in this deck.

Chimchar (3) Majestic Dawn
-This is the one with fury swipes that can do up to 30 with one energy and comes with a free berry to heal paralysis.

Stantler (2) Unleashed
-This is a setup pokemon it allows me to get 2 basic pokemon to the bench. Ideally a chimchar/Heatran

Girafarig (2) Heart Gold Soul Silver
-Originally I was planning on using the shiny vulpix (platinum) instead of Girafarig. However I decided I'd rather have better survivability it has 70 health. I can avoid being OHKO'd by that basic pokemon that does 60 damage that's still used around me.

I want to use 14 energy, because I like to be safe than sorry. I've always had a problem running low amounts of energy in a deck and then not drawing ANY of it throuhout a match...

Trainers:

Switch (3) - it's in here, because of Heatran's VERY high retreat cost.

Rare Candy (3) - For Infernape

Bubble Coat (3) - everything is weak to water so I need this in here unless I overlooked something.

Pokemon Communication (2) - thought it could come in handy

Bill (3) - Draw power that isn't a supporter

Bench Shield (2) - Ideally it's in here to protect Heatran from the indirect water decks that are around me.

TM TS-1 (2) - This is in here for Stantler.

Buck's Training (3) - Draw power and the extra damage is nice.

Dual Ball (2) - Allows me to grab pokemon from the deck including the LV. X and it's an upgrade from pokeball

Luxury Ball (1) - it could come in handy to grab Infernape. There's only one, because it's pointless to have more than one in a deck really.

Cynthia's Feelings (2) - really good draw power and the ability to shuffle my hand into my deck.

Flower Shop Lady (2) - To recycle my discard pile

Team Rocket's Trickery (2) - draw power and the ability to discard a card from your opponents hand.

All of this is a total of 60 cards:

To sum everything up. Stantler first turn. TM him next turn. Get the Lv X and Infernape out, and let loose on your opponent. All the while everything in the deck has a 2 energy or less attack cost so it's fast attacking wise, setting up may become a problem, but it is a fire deck and they tend to be a tad slower...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back