Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Infernape/Garchomp (Masters, for BRs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solemn_Party

Well, the MD-on season has officially started this month, and Battle Roads are starting next month, so I need to get my list ready for this upcoming season!

Infernape/Garchomp SP
60 Cards

Pokemon: 20
3-1 Infernape 4 Lv. X
2-2 Garchomp C Lv.X
1-1 Blaziken FB Lv. X
2-1 Uxie Lv. X
2 Crobat G
1 Promocroak G
1 Bronzong G
1 Dragonite FB
1 Unown Q
1 Azelf

T/S/S: 26
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
4 TGI Poketurn
4 TGI Power Spray
4 TGI Energy Gain
2 TGI SP Radar
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Bebe's Search
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Aaron's Collection

Energy: 14
5 Fire
1 Psychic
4 DCE
4 Call

Strategy: The basic SP strategies. Uses Infernape 4's split bomb to spread damage, and Infernape 4 Lv. X to force pokemon out of the active spot and hit for 100 with Fire Spin. Garchomp C X heals and snipes. Drifblim FB, Promocroak G, Lucario GL and Dragonite FB are all techs. SP Engine and Uxie + Lv. X for search + draw.

The Main Problem: I'm mainly worried about Gengar/Vileplume. It's going to be a prominent deck at Battle Roads, so it worries me that I've got 15 trainers in my deck which are rather necessary. I've got a winning record vs the deck (I've got that built as well as this) but that's just if I get set up before they get trainer lock all set up.

Scratch That. After yesterday's battle roads, I realize I auto-loss to Gyarados, a deck I had done no play-testing against except one game (my friend Huy Vu's Kingdra/Gyarados), which I lost. So I need to find a way to counter that. I went 3-2 at battle roads, losing to Scizor Prime (round 1, due to a terrible start) and Gyarados (round 5, because I was taking 220 per turn). Suggestions on countering it?

Last edited:
You should have one of the more favorable matchups since you can just Split Bomb an oddish or gloom twice ASAP, and then Dragon Rush the resulting Vileplume. Most SP has issues with a tactic like that.

You should have one of the more favorable matchups since you can just Split Bomb an oddish or gloom twice ASAP, and then Dragon Rush the resulting Vileplume. Most SP has issues with a tactic like that.

I know, but all Oddish (aside from the UD one) have 50 HP, and those are the ones they should be running since they don't get OHKO'd by the Uxie start.

Trainer lock is just a big problem for SP, but as soon as I break the lock they're pretty much done for. Crobat + Infernape 4 X KO's Gengar.

So flash bite, and just keep on Split Bombing, whenever they have gengar up, intimidating roar, and snag a free prize. Then when you have split bombed plume enough, Dragon Rush it. I would suggest maybe so Vilegar gives you less trouble, -1 SP Radar, +1 Lookers Investigation. This way, you can looker there hand, then take out vileplume so it would be hard for them to set up another one right away.

Hope this helped.

So flash bite, and just keep on Split Bombing, whenever they have gengar up, intimidating roar, and snag a free prize. Then when you have split bombed plume enough, Dragon Rush it. I would suggest maybe so Vilegar gives you less trouble, -1 SP Radar, +1 Lookers Investigation. This way, you can looker there hand, then take out vileplume so it would be hard for them to set up another one right away.

Hope this helped.

Hmm. I'll consider Lookers.

I switched Chatot for Lucario GL, since not getting the OHKO on Uxie without a Crobat with Drifblim hurt in a lot of matches.

Great list, Solemn!

My question is why do you have 3 SP Radars and 4 Power Sprays? Seems a but excessive.

Otherwise, this list is A+! :biggrin:

Updated the list. I want to fit in one more Professor Oak's New Theory.

---------- Post added 10/02/2010 at 01:06 PM ----------

Alright, so I'm running 3 PONT now, but I'm still worried about the trainer lock, but my match-up is getting better so far. (I'm 3-0 against Vilegar at the moment).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back