1 Vs Seeker
1 Luxury Ball
1 Night Maintenance

Energy: 15
5 Fire
2 Lightning
4 DCE
4 Call

Seeing as I'm too poor for LuxChomp, I'm running Infernape/Garchomp.

The deck uses Infernape 4 Lv. X as the main attacker, spreading for 20 with split bomb and hitting for 50 (100 to jumpluff) with Hi-Jump Kick. Fire Spin OHKO's Steelix Prime, and most of the SP Lv.X's with a Crobat Drop. Garchomp C heals and snipes. ERL wins games, and is essentially a Kingdra counter, hitting Kingdra prime for 180 with Detonation Spin, and regular kingdra for 120, KOing it with a Crobat. Otherwise, ERL ends games with Thunder Fall, doing 80 damage to all pokemon with Poke Powers, destroying opposing crobats, uxies, azelfs, mesprits, and claydols.

As for trainers; the SP engine makes the deck work. The trainers and supporters are all explanatory. And as for energies, the basics are obvious, DCE is for sniping with Garchomp and letting Uxie X attack easily with Zen blade, and Call Energy fixes bad starts by searching for 2 basics.

For next format, I'm planning on switching the Roseanne's and Night Maintenance for a Second Crobat G, a Pokemon Collector, and 2 pokemon communications. If you plan on trying out this deck for next format, try that out.

Also, check out iDonkedYou's Dark build of the deck with Honchkrow SV by the same name: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1772398#post1772398

Last edited:
I'm guessing you got this idea from kevin. I don't like the single bat in there...or the 1-1 claydol..i'd try to find room for another bat and maybe make it a 2-1 uxie x line for draw.

I'm guessing you got this idea from kevin. I don't like the single bat in there...or the 1-1 claydol..i'd try to find room for another bat and maybe make it a 2-1 uxie x line for draw.

I'd actually been trying to build this for a few months, but hadn't been able to get the Infernape 4 Lv. X until I got it from Kevin.

The single bat is fine, honestly. I'm not really a fan of 2-1 Uxie Lv. X in the deck, only because I've found Uxie X rather unnecessary, and mutliple Uxie drops takes up too much bench space (which is why i'm also only running 1 Crobat). I tried the 2-1 Uxie Lv. X earlier as is, and it was too inconsistant. If I was main decking Warp Energies (which I would if I was runnign DialgaChomp) but I'm not, and I'd rather not run a Lv. X I don't plan on playing consistently. Maybe if machamp was common in my area I'd run Uxie X + Lucario GL, but yeah.

---------- Post added 06/17/2010 at 12:32 PM ----------

You recommend I play 2-1 Uxie and then play 1 Uxie only yourself. :nonono:

That's because you're already running 1-1 Uxie, and not running Claydol, or any real search engine.

---------- Post added 06/18/2010 at 09:55 AM ----------

This deck still needs help. Bump #1.

I'm probably going to go with 2-1 Uxie after the rotation instead of 1-1 Claydol, and run 2 Pokemon Communications instead of Roseanne's.

---------- Post added 06/20/2010 at 06:21 AM ----------

Update: I tested the 2-1 Uxie against Kingdra, and it didn't work as well. While I still won, my draw power died after the second judge. >>; I also changed my main deck to run 2 Pokemon Collectors and 2 Pokemon Communications.

Edit: Scratch that, I'm going to go with Ashinto's suggestion and just go with the 2-1 Uxie.

Last edited:
I'd put in a Bebe's Search, so you can search out your evolutions under a Spiritomb lock. Warp Point also might be a good idea to get your Dialga back to the bench.

i like the deck IMO, i wanted to run something similar to this but instead it was blazechomp with a 2-1 tech infernape 4 lvX because i dont have any extra luxray gl lvX but i eneded up getting luxray in my deck, either way the deck seems very disruptive and fun not to mention that you could have people sweating worrying about whats gonna hit them in the face, another thing is that infernape's attacks aren't really that good. other than the one attack that does 100 damage but then you gotta constantly drop those energy.

I'd put in a Bebe's Search, so you can search out your evolutions under a Spiritomb lock. Warp Point also might be a good idea to get your Dialga back to the bench.

Yeah, I'm probably going to end up putting one back in. I actually changed the deck back to 1-1 Claydol; it was just more consistent that way. Warp Point is an interesting idea, but I don't really know what to take out for it.

i like the deck IMO, i wanted to run something similar to this but instead it was blazechomp with a 2-1 tech infernape 4 lvX because i dont have any extra luxray gl lvX but i eneded up getting luxray in my deck, either way the deck seems very disruptive and fun not to mention that you could have people sweating worrying about whats gonna hit them in the face, another thing is that infernape's attacks aren't really that good. other than the one attack that does 100 damage but then you gotta constantly drop those energy.

The deck does work pretty well. It's really good against Jumpluff/LuxPluff since I get OHKO's on Jumpluff with Hi-Jump Kick because of the x2 weakness to fire.

Update: So I took it to league today (with the above list), and went 3-0, winning the tournament and getting 2 packs and 2 holo Underground Expeditions for playing; all-in-all a good tournament, even if I didn't really pull anything out of my packs, it's another win on my record.

---------- Post added 06/21/2010 at 03:42 PM ----------

Bump: The deck needs help.

My meta (as we all know) is absolutely terrible, and has no Luxchomp (or any SP decks, for that matter) so I haven't needed it. However, I would put it in if I was going to a BR or Nats.

^Uhhh, don't go criticizing the NE meta. Not having Luxchomp does NOT make us bad... in fact, NE seniors, since those are who you're criticizing, have consistently performed very well at Nats & worlds, from the 2008 year where half of the T4 at worlds were NE (Dylan and Nick K) and then last year at nats (Aylam and Nathaniel), as well as Thomas's impressive 8-0 run in Swiss. Plus some of the junior move-ups have done well in recent years (Noah T4 worlds 08, T4 Nats 09, Daniel T T4 Nats 09)

NE is one of the most competitive regions in the US. The near-absence of Luxchomp is partly because Kiko didn't topcut Regs. Just because a certain deck is good some places doesn't mean it must be played.

I'd wager you've never been to another region, and yet you have the gall to criticize NE so. I have been elsewhere, and NE is an extremely tough region. Once you start winning every tournament you go to, then start calling our meta 'absolutely terrible'.

^Uhhh, don't go criticizing the NE meta. Not having Luxchomp does NOT make us bad... in fact, NE seniors, since those are who you're criticizing, have consistently performed very well at Nats & worlds, from the 2008 year where half of the T4 at worlds were NE (Dylan and Nick K) and then last year at nats (Aylam and Nathaniel), as well as Thomas's impressive 8-0 run in Swiss. Plus some of the junior move-ups have done well in recent years (Noah T4 worlds 08, T4 Nats 09, Daniel T T4 Nats 09)

NE is one of the most competitive regions in the US. The near-absence of Luxchomp is partly because Kiko didn't topcut Regs. Just because a certain deck is good some places doesn't mean it must be played.

I'd wager you've never been to another region, and yet you have the gall to criticize NE so. I have been elsewhere, and NE is an extremely tough region. Once you start winning every tournament you go to, then start calling our meta 'absolutely terrible'.

I'm not referring to the NE meta, I'm referring to my locals meta at Wizards Duel, which isn't very large or competitive (partially due to the fact it's a paying league, and you don't get the POP rating out of it.). My apologies for accidentally offending you. Everyone I faced at the battle roads in Warwick were very good players, I'm not criticising them. It's just the fact my locals essentially consists of myself and a lot of younger kids who haven't really learned to build a consistent deck.

However, you're right, I haven't been to another region, either. The battle roads I faced you at was my first premier event, I'd never been at a tournament other than league (except for the Unleashed pre-release that you were also at).

And personally, I'm glad there's so little LuxChomp; means I don't need to tech that Promocroak G very often.

I've been thinking about next format; I'm trying to decide what to change. I already know I'm going to switch out the 1-1 claydol for 1-1 Uxie, but I don't know what to switch the Roseanne's for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back