Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

InfernCatty (Props to Prof. Elm. 4 Inspiration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBest345

Pokemon (19)
3 Infernape
1 Infernape Lv. X
2 Monferno
4 Chimchar (Eventhough Ill never use it, it helps w/ consistency)

3 Delcatty PK
2 Delcatty EX CG (for consistency)
4 Skitty CG

Trainers (25)
4 Rare Candy (for a comeback w/ Briney, Chimchar, Rare Candy, Infernape, DRE for 80...)
4 H. Transceiver
2 H. Mentor
2 H. Adventurer
2 TVR
3 Celios
2 H. Lass
1 H. Farmer
2 Briney's
3 Windstorm

Energy (16)
4 Double Rainbow Energy
12 Fire Energy

Start w/ Chimchar or Skitty and (if you can T1) set up on bench Chimchar and Skitty. Then begin to either 1) Candy Infernape 2) Evolve in Delcatty 3) Use H. Lass. By T3 you should have a powered up Infernape (or a T2 80?) and should begin discarding fire energy at rapid rate.

All suggestions are appreciated (however stay on topic and NO FLAMMING!). Thank you.

Last edited:
you may want to keep the farmer in case you lose the X early game. You know, poke reversal, pulled up, bench sniped. I would also find room for a brineys or 2. Briney can scoop up the X. (or 2 SSUs...to save an EX too)

Keith

i've tested both budew version and non-budew version. Guess what, without budew, u can actually atk faster. With budew it will slow u down and u still have to discard an energy to retreat.

Yeah I dont care for the Budew either that is 4 extra slots you can use to go more Aggro with Infernape.

-4 Budew
+1 Fire
+1 Adventurer
+1 Skitty
+1 Energy Draw Catty

Lawman: Yeah I do need a way to keep my Infernape alive so Im gonna fit 1-2 Brineys

Tyranitar Freak & Johnny Blaze: Are you serious. How do u guys get set up???

DECKLIST UPDATE>>>

Haha.

ArcDoom SLAUGHTERS!! this deck.

Lock in Battle Frontier with Houndoom and Knock them all down with Arcanine.

Simple as that.

I play ArcDoom and I wrecked this deck at Battle Roads...A few times really. Never lost to it.

::shrug::

that does makes sense actually pikkachu. me and my pal playtested a mewtric vs infernape. and the second you stop the powers, you cripple the deck hard-core. of course, magcargo can come up and knock it over, should the infernape deck have one in it. but then magcargo will get ohkoed the following turn.

true to that, doctor.

my bf wanted to tech in macargo...but last minute did budew.

that is like...free food for my puppy. xD

It's pretty good.
But only 1 Catty Ex is necessary.

I use the budew start only because it gets you more stuff to start with.
But aggro is good too, it's all about your style.

As for the trainers....kinda shakey but okay...I wouldn't use island hermit...and you already have adv, so no point in use TV....

Haha.

ArcDoom SLAUGHTERS!! this deck.

Lock in Battle Frontier with Houndoom and Knock them all down with Arcanine.

Simple as that.

I play ArcDoom and I wrecked this deck at Battle Roads...A few times really. Never lost to it.

::shrug::

You must have been playing an amateur =/
RK9 is fast, but having to do 100 for 3 will lag it a bit when the Infernape player can easily T2 Candy/DRE for 80 and then next turn ko the dog, and even if RK9 can OHKO the moneky, being an ex alone gives Infernape the advantage.
Infernape can easily win through prize exchange alone. And a single Infernape Level X can OHKO you when Arcanine can't. Though it can OHKO Infernape regular, Solid Rage lets me OHKO you back. Overall, his/her list must have stunk, cause Infernape vs. ArcDoom should be about 65/35 in Infernape's favor if both players have decent lists.

I would nix the Island Hermit & replace with Scott. Would consider running Speed Stadium instead of TVR ... similar effects but Speed is a counterstadium on top of everything else. Fit in Holon Scientist or Copycat.

Go aggro.

Tonight I went second twice with a similar list and was doing T1 80. Just brutal.

DECK UPDATE>>>>

P.S. ArcaDoom does NOT have an auto win to this deck 1) We set up faster and are able to do more damage than you.

Pokemon (19)
3 Infernape
1 Infernape Lv. X
2 Monferno
4 Chimchar (Eventhough Ill never use it, it helps w/ consistency)

3 Delcatty PK
2 Delcatty EX CG
4 Skitty CG

Trainers (25)
3 Rare Candy
4 H. Transceiver
2 Castaway
2 H. Mentor
2 H. Adventurer
2 TVR
3 Celios
1 PETM
2 H. Lass
1 H. Farmer
2 Strength Charm
2 Solid Rage
2 Windstorm

Energy (16)
4 Double Rainbow Energy
12 Fire Energy

Start w/ Chimchar or Skitty and (if you can T1) set up on bench Chimchar and Skitty. Then begin to either 1) Candy Infernape 2) Evolve in Delcatty 3) Use H. Lass. By T3 you should have a powered up Infernape (or a T2 80?) and should begin discarding fire energy at rapid rate.

All suggestions are appreciated (however stay on topic and NO FLAMMING!). Thank you.
If you're going to use Solid Rage, then go ahead and max them out and get rid of the Strength Charms so you can easily OHKO all those pesky 100 HP Pokemon with a T2 Monkey. Though sacraficing a skitty is usually needed, the Solid Rage combo is sexy =DD

I also disagree with your Catty line, having 2 Catty ex is too much! And you might as well drop the PETM for 4 Celio's, you'll end up drawing into the Catty ex by how fast this deck goes through cards, and Catty pk can easily take care of the energy discard with the Holon Line. Also, Castaway isn't very needed IMO, depends how many tools you want to run, Energy root could come in handy, though it depends if there are alot of potential cards that can hit the monkey for 100 off the bat, then you could have a problem, but Solid Rage can help you with that most of the time. I also don't reccomend only 2 Windstorm, unless you run a stadium in here to help against a locked in BF or Cursed Stone, not to mention Crystal Beach.

what about putting in 2 stevens advice in your deck. That can really give you a big hand to play with really quickly since there are a ton of decks out there now that play big benches. Then when you have a big hand then use catty ex's pokemon power. Rinse and Repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back