Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Infinity's Warwick, RI 1st Place Report!

infinity

First of all, I am a Senior. There were 9 Seniors, 4 Rounds, Top 2. I was playing VileGar. So, on to the Report! (Note, this the first one I have ever done, so it won't be the best one you ever saw.):wink:

Round 1: Me vs. Dylan ??? W/ Random Eeveelutions
I get a Tomb start, and immediately get a T2 Plume and a T3 Gengar. He gets an Umbreon Prime out, which I 2-shot with Shadow Room. This was his 1st Tourney ever, so he made a lot of misplays, such as forgetting to use Cloud-Covered Moon. From there, I just roll through him with Poltergeist.
1-0

Round 2: Me vs. Aylam R. (2009 National Champ) w/Arceus
So for the 2nd year in a row, I face Aylam in my first Tourney of the season in his 1st round. (He got a Bye.) I don't remember this round too well, all I do remember is that I topdecked a Gengar X and used Level Down on his Arceus X than used Poltergeist for the OHKO. After that he was just struggling to get anything going.
2-0

Round 3: Me vs. Matthew J. w/ Feraligatr
He gets a bad start to my Tomb/Collector. I go second. I kill a Croconaw w/ 3 energy on my 4th turn, and from there he was stuck with 4-5 trainers in his hand while I was one-shotting his sacrifices.He finally got a gator out, but I sniped around it for my last 2 prizes.
3-0
I am now the only undefeated.

Round 4: Me vs. Marc M. w/ Dialga G and Jumpluff
So I start with Tomb, Gastly, and Azelf in my hand. I go to Time Walk, and when I looked at my prizes, my eyes must've been the size of half-dollars. I prized:
2 Gastly
1 Haunter
2 Gengar
1 Uxie
I told him, and we both had a good laugh at my horrible luck. But, he had a terrible start, too. (No energies.) I snipe around his Dialga G X for 5 of my prizes , and fainting spell for another.
4-0

Top 2: Me vs. Aylam R. w/ Arceus

Game 1: I prized an entire Vileplume line, but I still managed to get a Gloom out, but he sniped it. :frown: He got a T3 Ripple Swell, and it went downhill from there. I eventually ran out of Gengars, and lost.

Game 2: Again, I don't remember this all that much, but I know I won with Gengar X.

Game 3: I get a god start w/ Tomb/Collector. T1 I grace into Haunter and Evolve into Gengar on T2. By T8, I have taken 4 prizes, and my field looks like this: 1 Gengar X w/ 2 Energies, 2 Gengars w/ 2 energies each, a Vilepume, and an Uxie. We only had 10 minutes left at the start of the game, so time was called on my turn. On the second turn, I Shadow Room his active DARK Arceus (This matters later) w/ 10 on it already, putting it at 40. (I knew he only had 1 trainer in his hand.) Oh yeah, he has 3 prizes left, and I have 2. On the third turn, he attacks me with the Grass/Psychic X's attack, doing 100 to my Gengar X. We didn't realize this yet, but he had a DARK Arceus under the X, meaning it would've knocked me out, disabling my Level Down. (Granted, I had fainting spell, but still.)
5-0
Good games Aylam!!!!

Props:
1st!!
My little brothers getting 2nd and 4th in the Junior Division
My mom for taking me

Slops:
None! It was a great day!

Last edited:
Congrats on your win. Hope you did as well at the ballgame!

Nice job little bud. Sorry I wasn't there to cheer you on.

P.S. watch out for the ditto xD!!

Back