Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

InFurret: A take on the hot ferret idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draco Falconi

My take on the InFurret deck. It's got a few slots for suggestions, so suggest away.

4-2-3-1 Infernape (X) DP
4-3 Furret SW
3 Smeargle SW

4 TV Reporter
4 Celio's Network
4 Crystal Beach
3 Scott
3 Roseanne's Research
2 Professor Rowan
2 Night Maintenance
3 Rare Candy

15 :fire: (You get Beached and I crack corn while your Scramble turns your :colorless:colorless:colorless into garbage.

The idea behind this is to start with Sentret active, and Chimchar and Smeargle benched. Get to Furret as quick as possible and Keen Eye an Ape and a Candy (or two sets if Furret survives.). When Furret goes, use Smeargle to search out 3 :fire: and start powering that Ape up. From there, Ape takes over and blasts everyone away with is RR for 90 and X's RR for 150. The Crystal Beach is to counter those who abuse Special Energy cards.

Last edited:
Why not use Magmortar over Infernape? Since you're taking ur time setting up, you may as well run a pokemon who deals higher damage and doesn't lose his energy cards.

SPARTA, quick question. I'd be eliminating my possible use of Rare Candies to speed the deck up by going to Magmortar (you cannot Rare Candy a Baby into a Stage 1, as the Basic doesn't say it evolves from the baby.) And Magmar can only do a possible 10 more points of damage than Infernape, and Lv. X still does more damage. Plus, Magmortar still loses :fire::fire: in using that move. So, that said, why?

Broccili_Boy, i'll consider losing the roseannes for the mentors, but crystal beach stays. It only gets activated when I don't have a DRE in play and they do, and not everyone runs windstorm.

SPARTA, quick question. I'd be eliminating my possible use of Rare Candies to speed the deck up by going to Magmortar (you cannot Rare Candy a Baby into a Stage 1, as the Basic doesn't say it evolves from the baby.) And Magmar can only do a possible 10 more points of damage than Infernape, and Lv. X still does more damage. Plus, Magmortar still loses :fire::fire: in using that move. So, that said, why?

First of all, eliminating the candies would make more space, and you'll still be attacking on turn 3 at the earliest with Infernape, so the candy speed probably wouldn't hurt if it wasn't there.

I wouldn't play Magby with Magmortar. Magmar's also a better starter than Chimchar, and Magmortar has more options for attacks, as well as the Level X's amazing power. They have more HP and are therefore more durable.

That's why he suggested it.

I'll try it as a separate variant deck then and playtest it, then I'll decide.

I'll post the FurMortar separately.

I also edited the InFurret deck, go take a look.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back