Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

InSaNiTy v6.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediDrew

This is the latest version of the deck that did so well at worlds. Complete with a trainer engine and tech cards for the newest format.

Energy
3 Multi Energy
1 Lightning Energy
12 Fire Energy
Trainers
2 Strength Charm
1 Professor Oak's Research
1 Warp Point
1 Switch
4 Rare Candy
3 Steven's Advice
4 Celio's Network
Pokemon
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
2 Pidgeot RG
1 Pidgeotto RG
2 Pidgey RG
1 Rayquaza ex DR
4 Dunsparce SS
1 Butterfree RG
1 Caterpie RG
1 Team Aqua's Electrike 2
1 Team Aqua's Manectric
3 Blaziken RSH
1 Blaziken ex MA
2 Combusken RS1
1 Torchic RS2
3 Torchic DR

Strat: Basic blaziken stuff. Optimum bench is usually 2 blaz, pidgeot, catty and last slot is very flexible to what you need. Whether it be Manectric, Butter or another BLaziken. Butter destroys Nido pretty bad. Charm is for ohkos on queen, ray, etc.

Last edited:
Uh, and this is an InSaNiTy? °_° 16 Trainers? 16 Energy? 28 POKEMON ???!

The only InSaNe thing here it's you, my friend :D

Well it doesn't seem like Butterfree will give you the win vs Monarchy like Bellossom did to Walrein. If Queen does 90 becomes 60 heal 20 the next 90 to 60 ko's you. So it's still just a 2hit ko. The big thing that is missing which I'm sure you know is the counter gyms. Seems like playing against Ruins or now Mt moon for the entire game could really hurt. Otherwise nice job in fitting all that.

I kinda make a deck like this with Pidgeot but i didnt use Butterfree, or Delcatty. U dont need Delcatty, Pidgeot is good enough and u can use TV Reporters to get Fire into discard pile.

Gardyrocks! said:
I kinda make a deck like this with Pidgeot but i didnt use Butterfree, or Delcatty. U dont need Delcatty, Pidgeot is good enough and u can use TV Reporters to get Fire into discard pile.
Shhhhhh...........Dont tell them LOL

Dont Hate me cause you ain't me :cool: We made a BEX Ray Deck and replaced Delcatty with Pidgeot so as not to get hosed by MT Moon and to get BEX Out Faster

Last edited:
JediDrew said:
Don't tell them what? That you are awful. Cause thats pretty apparent.

Wow, just wow, whoever thinks Pidgeot/TVR works better than Catty/Pidgeot... QUIT THIS GAME NOW. -_- This list is really good, the butterfree is great, and really helps vs the nido matchup, not to mention it helps a lot vs Magma also, and right now I think it's overall better than Bellossom simply because there's not as much water.

Let me explain the reason for pidgeot/catty being better.

Okay, lets see here pidgeot+ TVR = 4 cards total... Pidgeot+catty = 4 cards total however you've not used a supporter yet, so you could use a Steven's advice to +another 6 cards that's 10 cards... or a celio's network that's 5 cards. Plus it's for sure every turn draw, TVR is a maximum of 4 a game unless you run VS seeker, and still it's really not that great of a card anymore. Delcatty is more reliable with Pidgeot, it leaves your options much more open and gives you much better card drawing in the end. It appears at first to be the same, but look at it like that it's really NOT the same.

I'd consider taking out the manectric though for maybe more switch, and believe it or not I'm liking Pokemon Reversal in blaziken. So Drew I'd try to find room for that stuff, but other than that it's good.

Last edited:
Well, it's... hmm... what's that word... interesting...

Only one thing can be said about this deck. To quote Einstein, "It is easier to denature plutonium than to denature the evil spirit of man."

Last edited:
"It is easier to denature plutonium than to denature the evil spirit of man."

I so didnt undestand tat. Also, delcatty is draw 3 cards. Pidgeot is a com every turn. Once get everything out with Blaz its almost unstoppable.SO with Pidgeot its wayy easier.

Hiya 'Arry,

Nice looking deck you've got here, here's my take:

Pokemon: 26
4 Torchic (2 Dragon/2 Singe)
2 Combusken (Lunge)
3 Blaziken (Firestarter)
1 Blaziken ex
4 Dunsparce (Sandstorm)
2 Skitty (Minor Errand Running)
2 Delcatty (Energy Draw)
2 Pidgey (FRLG)
1 Pidgeotto (FRLG)
2 Pidgeot (FRLG)
1 Caterpie (FRLG)
1 Butterfree (FRLG)
1 Rayquaza ex

Energy: 16
12 Fire
2 Multi
2 Electric

Trainers: 18
4 Celio's Network
4 Rare Candy
3 Steven's Advice
2 Ancient Tomb
2 Switch
2 Warp Point
1 Professor Oak's Research

~Jim Ferrell

see what i mean

PokeMontoya said:
Dont Hate me cause you ain't me :cool: We made a BEX Ray Deck and replaced Delcatty with Pidgeot so as not to get hosed by MT Moon and to get BEX Out Faster

See what I mean, he posts here and then doesn't take advice and calls the people that are trying to help his deck "AWFUL." He should post on neo since according to him "Thats where all the good people are." Ignore his shrude remarks.

It is organized. I've talked with all the people that have made reasonable comments on AIm. So I don't necessarily need to reply. I'm very open to things I haven't tried yet to better my decks.

I went 4-0 today with this list:

Pokemon: 23
4 Torchic (3 Dragon/1 Singe)
2 Combusken (Lunge)
3 Blaziken (Firestarter)
1 Blaziken ex
4 Dunsparce (Sandstorm)
2 Pidgey (FRLG)
1 Pidgeotto (FRLG)
2 Pidgeot (FRLG)
1 Caterpie (FRLG)
1 Butterfree (FRLG)
2 Rayquaza ex

Energy: 15
12 Fire
3 Multi

Trainers: 23
2 Celio's Network
3 TVR
4 Rare Candy
4 Steven's Advice
2 High Pressure System
2 Switch
1 Vs Seeker
1 Strength Charm
3 Professor Oak's Research

Drew, I don't get why you are so high on yourself and view yourself so superior to others. Seriously dude, you need to stop posting decks on pokegym if you want only "good players" to help you. If you're showing your deck off, well then, this isn't the place for it.

BTW, how is this INSANITY? It has no Magneton. It is BLAZIKEN =/ with butterfree and strength charm. Woohoo. Now let's change the name to insanity. Ok, so your ideal bench structure is: 1 Pidgeot, 1 TAM, 1 Butterfree, 1 Rayquaza, 1 Delcatty, and what, ONE blaze? You're just trying to fit too much in IMO. Although you said your bench, I think that trying to fit all these in the deck is a bit much. TAM is not really a situational Pokemon, it just generally helps you throughout the game. I also find it interesting how you run no VS Seeker, and no gyms. Butterfree isnt really that hard to KO, only in a deck such as nidoking where it resists fighting. If any other deck gets out ruins and you cant get out butterfree or they KO it, then what. And also, yeah, Torchic DR sucks. If you need to attack with Torchic thats pretty bad anyways, and burn can really annoy your opponent, even if it is on a flip. It won me a game at worlds =/. The 2/1/2 Pidgeot is optional I guess whether to play 1/0/1 or 2/1/2. ATMR and TVR are optional as well, but I think some of them could do better than trying to fit 3 extra evo lines in in Blaze. One, MAX 2, IMO is the way to go.

So if you want deck advice from the gym, then post your deck, and stop complaining about people giving crappy advice and stop talking about how superior you are, because what can you really expect, to get entirely great players on an open Pokemon site? Come on, seriously. =/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back