3 Hypnotoxic Laser
2 Virbank City gym
3 Skyla
1 Pal Pad
1 Startling Megaphone
1 Cassius

10 Grass Energy
2 DCE

First a little history of where this came from. Back in HGSS era I ran a deck based upon Roserade and Crobat Prime that inflicted damage through status conditions and Roserade's Power Blow attack, and since then I been looking for a way to revive that deck, and so here goes nothing.

So the main attacker is mewtwo. Virizion provides energy accel and status protection. Dragalge prevents posioned pokemon from retreating which when used with Lysandre can mean trouble for pokemon like Keldeo EX. Toxicroak can do some serious poison damage for little cost. Abomasnow gets through Pyroar. Jirachi recycles my Supporters for me. The laserbank set up allows me to poison pokemon thus softening them up for mewtwo. Dragalge should never be active. Abomasnow can also confuse opposing pokemon which helps too. The floatstones are to make retreat easier for my pokemon.

Last edited:
A few thoughts for your consideration:

• I suspect Item-lock will be a "popular" deck strategy this year; so, you may want to incorporate either a Pokémon Center Lady or Cassius
  • From my experience, I found that a 1-1 line too inconsistent; so, I'd suggest bumping up the Dragalge to a 2-2 line if you deem it critical to your strategy.
  • Mewtwo EX "wars" will be rampant this season, IMHO. So, you will either need a Muscle Band to 1HKO an opponent's Mewtwo EX or a 3rd G energy attached. However, if you choose NOT to use Muscle Bands, I suspect most of your opponents will; so, you may be at a disadvantage at times.
  • Both Mewtwo EX and Toxicroak EX can attack for just CC energy; so, why not incorporate a few DCE for faster energy attachment?
So, given the aforementioned comments, I'd suggest:

-1 Jirachi EX. 1 should be sufficient, IMO, and why increase your chances of starting with it by having more than 1.
-1 G.
+1 Dragalge
+1 Skrelp

-1 Skyla. 3 should be sufficient, IMO.
+1 Pal Pad. To recover and recycle discarded Supporters.

-2 G
+2 DC

IMO, you still should consider incorporating Muscle Bands; but without knowing your priorities, I'm not sure what replacements should be suggested.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I found more often than not, I was drawing Snover or Abomasnow when I really needed Skrelp or Dragalge... so I switched numbers on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back