Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Interactions Between Energy Discarding Effects and Gardevoir NXD (or similar effects)?

Lil Hypotenuse

I've been anticipating the release of Gardevoir ex, and wanted to try and incorporate the Kirlia engine with Gardevoir ex AND Gardevoir NXD. The NXD card has an ability, Psychic Mirage, that reads:

- "Each basic Psychic Energy attached to your Psychic Pokémon provides 2 Psychic Energy. You can't apply more than one Psychic Mirage Ability at a time."

Knowing that the new Gardevoir ex would apply damage counters upon attaching from the discard to psychic Pokémon, it made me think that adding a Hyper Potion or two to my deck. Hyper Potion reads:

- "Heal 120 damage from 1 of your Pokémon that has atleast 2 Energy attached to it. If you healed any damage in this way, discard 2 Energy from it."

This led me to three questions:

1. If I use a Hyper Potion while Psychic Mirage is active, do I need to discard 2 Psychic Energy cards still, or only one since the ability makes it so Psychic Energy counts double?

2. If the above is true, would I only need 1 Energy attached to use the card, or would I still need 2 to be attached at that time?

3. How are other effects that discard energy like this treated? For Example, an attack like Ultra Necrozma GX's attack Photon Geyser, which reads "20+. Discard all basic Psychic Energy from this Pokémon. This attack does 80 more damage for each card you discarded in this way." Is this effect based on cards, or the energy amount?

Back