Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Interesting idea for a story, like some feedback

FSULugia

I been trying to write a story about my life for quite some time. It originally started as a Yugioh fan fic and kinda sucked at first (plot wise at least). After a few years I started to come up with a new plot and I feel its incredibly original and has a lot of potential. Here is the general idea that I have.

Story Title: Sentou Telefang​

What is Sentou Telefang?

Sentou means Combat. Telefang is an abandoned video game franchise from the early 2000s that was only released in japan. The game's only release in America was under an unofficial name known as "Pokemon Diamond". (which many are familiar with on here) which was just a bad translation of the game and only functioned on emulators. Telefang 2 was also released in Japan in 2002 only and the series was never heard of ever again.
s st
Telefang is basically another RPG monster battler similar to Pokemon, YGO, MTG, and other games out there. There are a few unique things about it such as the monster designs, the types of equipments they have, the battle system, etc. In this story, there are a lot of references to the video games, even though this story differs greatly from the original video games. That is why the story has "Sentou" in front of it's title in order to distinguish itself from the original.

What is Sentou Telefang about?

This story is about how in the year 2020, a Telefang Trading Card Game had been released and changed the world. Telefang surpassed the sales of all other existing card games on the market such as Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic the Gathering, World of Warcraft, Pokemon, and Duel Masters (decided to leave vanguard out due to the writing of the story came before its release). Telefang had been a very big project for a long time and was also under another game known as "Combat Monsters", which was it's beta. The beta was worked on by many former US government scientists and a lot of money was invested into this game.

What makes Telefang different than other games is how its the most interactive and physical card game there is. The game is almost played like a sport. Players use cell phones (similar to how they are used in the video games) to connect data to their battle belts to allow them to project battles with 3d holograms (similar to YGO but more realistic). As the series goes on, more ways on how to play the game are revealed. The game can be classified as an Action Card Game.

A lot of the series resolves around this new global phenomenon from the point of view of a 16 year old boy skinny white boy named Satoshi Medeki (who isnt Japanese either). He lives in a tropical wealthy city in America known as Radipolitian. The story follows through his childhood up until parts of his adult hood and talks about his daily interactions with people in his life along with the game of Telefang. The series mainly show cases battles involving Satoshi along with his various friends and rivals. There are a lot of other twists sides the card game that are also thrown in along the way.

Telefang also makes many references to a lot of American pop culture and gaming culture. One of my main incentives to writing this story to create something very unique and something that infuses a lot of what makes successful games great into something that is better. The story at times will insist upon itself and at times satire American and TCG culture.

What is the Telefang TCG going to be like?

Telefang's game play is very similar to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG's. It plays without a resource system and with similar rules. There will be a lot more mechanics in the game than Yugioh along with a lot of different types of cards. The similarities in both games mainly lies in the battling system which is similar and the usage of monsters with support cards (Yugioh uses Spell and Traps, Telefang will just combine the 2 into 1 type of card that has multiple sub categories).

The game played in the storyline will not be as complex as the real game. Most people who read this will not want to sit through very long and drawn out battles so the rules of a real game will differ drastically than what is written. The rules in the story are more basic and make it to where players can show off boss monsters and special cards a lot easier.

Back