Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Iron Chef-Age of Kabuto (ROUND ONE CHALLENGE!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
CHALLENGES ARE POSTED HERE:::

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=121028&tclass=

In order to view your challenge, first find your name on the bracket. Then, click on "game details" for you and your opponent's match. That card is what you two will be working off of. Grading has been posted on the "START DATE/RULES" post. Also, you do not have to have 4 of the card in your deck! However, I advise that you have at least enough of it in order to make sure that the deck stays themed around it.

Turn in all entries to me via Private Message, Patriarch. I haven't been able to contact my fellow judges on if they want it PM'ed to them, but just to make it easy, I'll do the work with judging round one, unless they really want to judge 32 matches x_X

Please include a short summary on how the deck works. If I can't understand your deck then you will be counted down!

Also in the "START DATE/RULES" post is your deadline, which is a little bit more than a week from now! SOOO get those decks in soon, guys :D

ALL CHALLENGES ARE HIDDEN LEGENDS-ON!!!

(NOTE: YOU MAY BUILD DECKS USING POP SERIES TWO CARDS)

Did I miss anything? If you have any questions, just ask. GOOD LUCK!!! :biggrin:

~~~REMINDER::: Decks must be turned in by September 13th, 2005, at 12PM~~~

Last edited:
so now my opp and i suppose to send our own decklist to u + a summary of the strats right? and also the deck must be according to the theme given right?

@partriarch noew that you edited it i dont see it anymore on the first post,i just didnt get wat you meant when you typed it(still dont...)

I edited it out because it seemed to me like too many people interpreted that as the challenge. Your challenge is building a deck around the one specific card listed for you and your opponent.

Okay, important question:

Do we build these decks knowing that our opponents will have a centered card as well, and we know what that card is? or build the decks assuming we're going into a premiere event?

Example:
My ingedient is grass (sunflora), and since i know my opponent is using a grass pokemon(sunflora) too, i won't want to play meganium ex, or other grass-weak pokemon like nidoqueen. i also might consider grass resistant pokemon like steelix, or play pokemon to beat grass like moltres.

So, do we play with blinds, or play with the knowledge that our opponent must have a certain card, and our deck is made to beat theirs?

this really isn't related to tournaments. This is deckbuilding. You aren't building the deck to metagame against theirs. You're just building a deck.

A couple of questions:

How many of the Challenge Cards are needed in the deck?

Is POP Series 2 allowed in this tourney?

Patriarch said:
this really isn't related to tournaments. This is deckbuilding. You aren't building the deck to metagame against theirs. You're just building a deck.

Build with blinds then :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back