Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Iron Chef, CHAMPIONSHIP CHALLENGE!

Vegeta ss4

Iron Chef Leader
Welcome to the end of the Iron Chef for 2013.

The 2 finalists will be competing for a Booster Box of Plasma Storm and other items.
The 2 Finalist are...
Rainbowgym and Eonic

The challenge for this tournament was going to be the use of a single fake card that I have made. I just felt that wouldn't be the best idea for this challenge, so I have decided the challenge will be.
"Theme Decks, with a twist".

What exactly does this mean?
It means you may ONLY play cards that are in Theme Decks. There will only be a certain amount of Theme Decks you are allowed to utilize. I will be giving you an exact list of those Theme Decks further down this thread.

What is the Twist?
-It isn't really a big twist, but it is a slight twist nonetheless.
Your list must have 20 Pokémon, 20 T/S/S, and 20 Energy(basic or special).
-Plasma Freeze set IS authorized in this format. That will be the ONLY actual set legal for play. Pokebeach has a scan of the cards that are in Plasma Freeze if you have questions.

Metagame is Theme Decks. Know that your opponent is playing theme decks as well.

This challenge was brought up by Cabd and Cyrus. I thought I would give some recognition to those players.

Here is an exact list of Theme Decks you may use.

Rising Rival
-Drill Point
-Cutting Edge

Supreme Victors
-Ignition
-Overflow

Arceus
-Flamemaster
-Stormshaper

HeartGold & SoulSilver
-Growth Clash
-Ember Spark
-Mind Flood
-HS Trainer Kit

Unleashed
-Chaos Control
-Steel Sentinel

Undaunted
-Daybreak
-Nightfall

Triumphant
-Verdant Frost
-Royal Guard

Call of Legends
-Retort
-Recon

Black & White
-Green Tornado
-Red Frenzy
-Blue Assault

Emerging Powers
-Power Play
-Toxic Tricks

Noble Victories
-Fast Daze
-Furious Knights

Next Destinies
-Explosive Edge
-Voltage Vortex

Dark Explorers
-Raiders
-Shadows

Dragons Exalted
-DragonSnarl
-Dragon Speed

Boundaries Crossed
-IceShock
-ColdFire

Plasma Storm
-PlasmaShadow
-PlasmaClaw

Anyone have any questions, feel free to ask.

Entries are due April 8th, 1159 PM CST

Huh, this will defiantly be a very tough challenge, but it's to be expected nonetheless. Best of luck Rainbowgym. ^_^

(And for once, it looks like I have no questions this time around. :p Thanks Vegeta, Cabd, and Cyrus for putting together this challenge!)

Good Luck to you to Eonic.

Yes this will take some time to read all the cards.

About the set allowed. Plasma Freeze???
Do you mean Plasma Storm??
In English I could only find 14 scans of the future Plasma Freeze set, so please help me out I almost never look "forward" regarding sets.

Spiral Force/Thundre Knuckle is the set I see cards translated which are in our next set.
Those are the ones we are allowed to use?

To be honest WHY?
Why not only cards from those 35 Theme Decks?

Just a heads up vegeta, that's not for sure our english set. Some of those cards will likely be delayed a set.

Just a heads up vegeta, that's not for sure our english set. Some of those cards will likely be delayed a set.

The ones that are scanned have some creativity in them, so I chose to utilize them in this set. But than you for the heads up.

Sorry Vegeta but you are really destroying the challenge.
Unless I understood it wrong again.
If we have to build with only themedeck cards don't add a complete set.

What exactly do you want?
Must we use cards from this upcoming set?
What if we use cards only from this upcoming set?

So, do you mean the ~14 cards that have English scans are legal or do you mean the entire set is legal based on Japanese hypotheticals?

As the English set is not determined yet, you must specify by Japanese set name. What about the cards that are already in the theme decks, but not in this new set? Can they be added?

I found a card in the English set, called Plasma Badge, can we use that one (I fail to find it in the Japanese set but I might be wrong).

So I can use???? Please help me out

1. Those themedecks you selected
2. English cards (14) of Plasma Freeze which you can view on Pokebeach
3. All translated card found on Pokebeach of Spiral Force/Thundre Knuckle

Once again, you are nuking this. I clearly said utilize the scans. I said it in a pm to YOU AND EONIC. Use the scans that pokebeach has, there only a handful of cards.

This is easily the most basic challenge...yet for some reason it stumps you again.

I really have no idea how to be more clear about this, ha.

Edit- Rainbowgym, your list is correct, with the exception of "3". eliminate the 3rd option and you got it right.

Vegeta, you seem to forget I have to use a translator/dictionairy most of the times to find out what some words are.
Nuking for example doesn't give a translation, but I assume it's not a compliment.

I am glad I asked, because out of the 4 decks I had in mind, 2 are not possible now.

To be absolutely sure they know what's what, why not specifically link to the page of available cards in the set that is not the theme decks?

Well, I'm a bit confused. You said that the 3rd option that Rainbowgym listed could not be used. But when we talked through PM, and I sent you this link, you didn't say it was wrong. Are these 14 cards the scans that are allowed, and not the previous link?

Back