Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Iron Fin!!! By Mca3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mca3

I have been working with Empo decks for quite a while, and this was a Shocking Rogue Combo in MY eyes. I thought of this on Monday mourning( 5/12/08) and thought it would be an Intresting combo! PLEASE let me know if this is a Good deck and if I came up with a Great idea, THANKS!!!

14 Pokemon:

4 Empoleon MD
2 Prinplup DP
4 Piplup DP

2 Scizor
2 Scyther

30 Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums, etc.

4 Celios
4 Roseannes
2 Island Hermit
2 Stevens
2 Castaway
1 Copycat
1 Scott
4 Rare Candy
2 Night Maintenance
4 Cessation Crystal
2 Galacia's Stadium
2 Battle Frontier

16 Energy:

2 Holon WP
2 Scramble
2 DRE
8 Water:water:
2 Metal:metal:

Strategy: Start with Piplup OR Scyther. Use Piplup to to Spread Damage with His Evolutions. Use Scizor to Hit for CRAZY damage with 1 Metal against Special Energy, Who doesnt run them???

THANKS everyone for your comments!!!:thumb:

Last edited:
How is this HARDLY Rogue??? I havent Seen or Heard anyone else use this Idea or Deck! I mean, its different, IMO!

Welll, Blaze, I was also thinking of taking Dol out and running Cess. Crystal, What do you guys think???

Posting every variation of empoleon does not make your decks rogue....

Most of the ones that I have seen are standard combos with empo. Meaning that if you didnt think of it someone else easily would or already has. Beating people to the gym to post it, does not make it rogue.

I like the decks that you post. They are NOT rogue decks. They do however give people insight as to what the new archetypes are going to be.

For more insight on what rogue is.... check THIS... Note Step 7... It definately applies here.

Good job and keep it up... Maybe you will find the ellusive combo no one has thought of with empoleon.

Jimmy

Well, Jimmy I Dont understand why this deck ISNT Rogue, it runs Cessation, Hardly any decks run it anymore, and Scizor is Not an Obvious Combo with Empoleon Either, I mean I just dont see anyone else coming up with this, It works well against Gardy/Gallade via DREs or Scramble!

And MY decks are not just Tech Decks either, I also run Cessation crystal with About 90% of My decks too! Also, I believe your right, I think I will make a Great Rogue deck with Empoleon, I have always loved running him, and I hope to have success with making a Stand-Out deck like you did with Ambush!!!

Last edited:
i see cessation crystal in variants of empoleon, darkrai, honchkrow, blissey, lucario, beedrill, etc. etc. and that is just in the past two weeks. i know every local metagame is different but cessation crystal is hardly forgotten or obsolete.

WHat I am saying is, its Not an Obvious Claydol though, I have ran Empo/Cess since I have been runnign Empo, and that is when I started playing too!!!

I ran 2 lapras in there somewhere, but forgot where I put them, exactly!

I just dont understand some people, I have really tried to make my decks Different and Rogue, from Everyone else, I just dont get ANY real credit, dude!!!

Thats because most of them are not "rogue".
Most things with Empoleon aren't rogue because Empoleon can pretty much work with just about anything.
I question as to whether you really do know what a "rogue" deck is. Did you read Jimmy's link to his thread that he posted?
Just because you play a couple of cards like Cess and Scizor that don't see a lot of play (currently) does not make a deck rogue.
I'm really not sure if any of the decks in your sig count as "rogue"....

Now to help with the deck.
I dont understand why you have Battle Frontier, Glacia's Stadium, or Island Hermit.
Aerodactyl does nothing to you and not many are playing Delcatty anymore. Who is honestly playing enough Lightning type to justify Glacia's as needed? And you dont really have anything that you need to worry about getting prized, so Hermit seems quite unnecessary. Maybe if you were playing seven stage 2s and 15 single cards that happen to always get prized, but thats not the case.

not original or rogue. nothing with cards in archetypes are rogue. this is not a rogue deck, just an empoleon varient.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

oh and cessation crystal doesn't make your deck rogue, and any pachirisu will love hitting your empoleon for 70 for one energy.

Last edited:
Well if this isnt Rogue, than Ambush, which was a Empoleon Variant wasnt Rogue either!
Rambolt was a Banette EX Varient with Lunasol, which was TECHED for Infercatty obviously, wasnt Rogue Either!

Most decks I have seen you guys Play/post are NOWHERE near Rogue either! Rambo1000 ALWAYS has something OUT of proportion to say anyways, he has NO right saying anything!

All my friends or players that Know me, Know that I ALWAYS try to Run/Build something differnet than everyone else!!!

Yes, different than everyone else, but not rogue. Theres a BIG difference between playing something different and playing something rogue.
Like if I were to play Turn 2 Kritune at my next Battle Roads it would be different than what everyone else is playing, thats for certain. But would it be rogue?
No. It wouldnt.

One of the reasons Ambush was rogue was because NO ONE talked about it on the internet. It hadn't gotten to the public so the concept in itself was rogue. No one was expecting a mass damage spread like that.
Which brings me to another point of how this (or others of your decks) are not rogue.
You post them on the Gym for all to see. If it was really meant to be a powerful metagame breaking deck, you would surely not let them all out like you do.
Rule #7- Keep it secret!

And finally, I hope you weren't including me your second paragraph in your last post, as I'm sure you'll see if you look at all the threads I've started, none (maybe QueenHatter, but who [other than myself] is playing that? lol) of them are Achetypes. Now they're not rogue, but they are things out of the ordinary, somewhat like you are trying to do.

If you are trying to have these be rogue decks, and you're sharing them to the community for the overall greater good for the game, then a commemorate you on that, but use less obvious combos than everything with Empoleon?

You know, Master of Puppets, You are Right! I should not Post my decks on the internet, I agree, totally! That is what takes A LOT of the Rogue out of it, I undersatand now, Thanks!

NO, I wasnt including you on that, they know who I am talking about!

But, I will take you to that, I should keep my Rogues or whatever Different decks I run a Secret!

I just dont like Bashers you know, and It is just Certain people who do that!
Like the deck I am working on NOW for BRs on Sunday, it hasnt been posted yet and will not unless I win or whatever!!!

Well, about Empoleon! I have Really Enjoyed using him since the First Month I started playing, Prinplup Reminds me alot of Myself, a outsider or independent, if you will! But, I started playing and using Empoleon, because NOBODY was using him at the time, Everyone said he was DEAD! I Hated that, so I thought I would Resurrect him or At Least try, and Ever since I NEVER gave up on him, and I do build decks with OTHER Pokemon besides Empoleon, But he is MY Favorite, you see!

seeing as empoleon is no longer a red face paint deck i can see where these guys are coming from. i believe rogue is playing something that hasnt been thought of or isnt obvious. i could make empoleon/inferape and call it red face paint that doesnt mean that it is. you've got some good creativity but i think you should concentrate on just making good empo decks and not on making sure if their red face paint or not.

Empoleon MD can't do enough damage with only 6 Pokemon.
Tech in at least 2 more pokemon. Maybe a 2-2 Gyarados.
And don't worry about rogue or not, just try an make the best deck you can think of!
As a matter of fact y'all, this deck IS rogue. I don't see anyone else using this combo.
You know, since you have Holon Energy WPs in the deck, and not enough pokemon, you could tech in a 1-0-1 line of Pidgeot HP (d).
Take out the 2 Battle Frontiers and 2 of something else for 4 Great Balls/Quick Balls.

Hope this helped.

~Flygon999

Understood, Bzerk45!

I just want to be KNOWN as a Great Deck Builder, and Like I stated I do build Other decks with Other Pokemon, like Scizor/Octilley(Special Effects!!!). Empoleon has Always been MY Favorite to Work with, and SO I want to run/Make decks with him Different than everyone else, you see???

Thanks, Flygon999!!! We talk Almost Everyday about The NEW Combos I come up with, and he Knows that I try to think up something NEW Each day!

mca3, from all of your Empoleon decks, I think that your Bronzong/Empoleon one was the best.
I've tested it on Redshark. I've won 3 out of every 4 games I played. I think that it's your best one and you should stick with it.
And yes people, mca3 is a hard working person trying to make rogue decks and they're really good too. So leave him alone about his decks "not being rogue".
But, I really don't think that Battle Frontier is need in this deck. Nor Island Hermit.

x3 Piplup MD 60HP
x1 Piplup MD 50HP
x2 Prinplup DP
x2 Empoleon MD
x1 Empoleon DP
x1 Empoleon Lv.X DP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back