is ape a good deck still

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by zovan, Dec 27, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. zovan

zovan New Member

im just wondering if its a good deck because i might use it

2. Let Fire Fall

Let Fire Fall New Member

3. ChubbyChilupa135

ChubbyChilupa135 New Member

actually it can be based on wat ur metagame looks like... it also depends on the luck of the Infernape player and the luck of his opponenet

4. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Infernape Delcatty is an interesting play in an absol heavy envio, because Delcatty can actually stem the pain the absol causes.

Problem is, Infercatty is a delicate deck, and once it loses a few key pieces, it has to struggle to maintain.

Good deck still, yes. Risky play, definitely.

Vince

5. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

It depends on your area but yes. It's not the best but it's good.

6. mca3

mca3 New Member

Believe it or not I have had succes using it with Magmortar, once Mag gets knocked out uyse its Lv. x version to grab those energy you lost, while dishing out 150 hp at the same time. This deck does take time, but I am trying Absol with to get Mag powered up, and Ape to pick up the pieces:thumb:

7. Lordofflareons

Lordofflareons New Member

mca3, once you flare up, then what? its surely not over?

8. Kenshin's Garde

Kenshin's Garde New Member

ape is still a good deck.

9. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

How do you setup a Delcatty or counter cessation crystal? Doesn't Absol + cess just destroy that?

10. Kenshin's Garde

u one shot absol.

11. Skarmbliss

Skarmbliss New Member

its the most consistent deck out there but yeah like y all said, Empoleon justs puts out the flame.

12. bijou29

bijou29 New Member

ape = its not that good

13. Let Fire Fall

Let Fire Fall New Member

97% of the format can 1 shot absol.... if it sets up. That's kind of the point of Absol.

14. mca3

mca3 New Member

Well Lordofflareons I am glad you asked, then if I needed to, I would have a powered up Magmortar on the bench ready-to-go, then I will retreat Infernape then put in Mag, just like I said they set each other up!!!:thumb:

15. gallade

gallade New Member

uh uh unless you think its fast, how about gallade, just use gallade

16. Lordofflareons

Lordofflareons New Member

you think ape will get tougher when pachirisu comes out? i'd think countering cess is all the deck needs with absol dying like that.

17. Let Fire Fall

Let Fire Fall New Member

When Pachirisu comes out, Blaziken will overshadow Ape.

18. Flareon

Flareon New Member

1 for 80/140+ or 2 for 90/150+ is kinda good... But ya, the metagame is not very ripe for Ape.

19. Kenshin's Garde

its not an autowin if u actually tested the matchup.

20. Skarmbliss

Skarmbliss New Member

no but if you manage to get a T2 infernape against the Empoleon deck with one basic your fine but if you KO the first basic while Pipup is on the bench. The opponent would play a Rare Candy + Scramble + Empoleon against an Infernape and the Infernape deck would struggle severly.