Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is it true HG/SS will be out of format?

Scrumpet

I keep hearing seldom rumors that the HG/SS packs will be out of format shortly. I really hope this is not true because there's a lot of cards in there that are worth using. It also wouldn't make much sense, because before this format was put into place, there were tons of packs in format from last year. Taking HG/SS out would be a horrible idea and I would definitely lose interest.

First off, the people who will answer your question don't know, and the people who do know won't tell.

Anyone saying HGSS will be rotated is just having a guess.

Secondly, HGSS has been around for a while now (over 2 years). All sets rotate eventually . . . that's just how it works in Pokemon. It keeps the game fresh and accessible for new players, but sooner or later we all say goodbye to cards we love.

Thirdly, if HGSS was rotated, the only major losses would be Collector and (less important) Typhlosion and Donphan. Pokegear will be replaced by Random Receiver and the other good Trainers and Cleffa were reprinted in CL. Everything else in the set isn't that good anymore.

Whatever happens, player will do what they always do: move on and adapt to a new format.

First off, the people who will answer your question don't know, and the people who do know won't tell.

Anyone saying HGSS will be rotated is just having a guess.

Secondly, HGSS has been around for a while now (over 2 years). All sets rotate eventually . . . that's just how it works in Pokemon. It keeps the game fresh and accessible for new players, but sooner or later we all say goodbye to cards we love.

Thirdly, if HGSS was rotated, the only major losses would be Collector and (less important) Typhlosion and Donphan. Pokegear will be replaced by Random Receiver and he other good Trainers and Cleffa were reprinted in CL. Everything else in the set isn't that good anymore.

Whatever happens, player will do what they always do: move on and adapt to a new format.

What about Junk Arm? You're not realizing how huge Junk Arm is within the format - especially with things such as Pluspower, Catcher, Eviolite and Eelektrik in the format.

Junk Arm just gives more power to electric speed decks as it is. Especially now that we got level ball.

Would like to point out that if they rotate CoL out it will have only been printed for a year and 6 months... Seems extremely short.

Posted with Mobile style...

What about Junk Arm? You're not realizing how huge Junk Arm is within the format - especially with things such as Pluspower, Catcher, Eviolite and Eelektrik in the format.

Junk Arm just gives more power to electric speed decks as it is. Especially now that we got level ball.

The OP referred to 'HG/SS packs'. I thought he meant that set only.

It's a bit patronising of you to assume I'm not aware of Jarm's importance. If we're talking about the whole block, we lose a lot of stuff . . . Shaymin, Vileplume, Judge, Seeker, Twins, Special Metal & Dark . . .

But life (and Pokemon) goes on.

Would like to point out that if they rotate CoL out it will have only been printed for a year and 6 months... Seems extremely short.

IIRC the Arceus set didn't last much longer than that.

That's a good amount of time, honestly. Most sets don't stick around for more than 2 years MAX, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Rotations are fun, keep the game fresh, and help avoid unforeseen card interactions.

It wont be Col on if it was Col on japan would hafe to have Col on also witch they dont have the set call of legends over there in japan. Its going to be pokemon black and white on. The card lost world wouldnt make sense with just pokemon black and white cards because there will be no way to put things in the lost zone.

The OP referred to 'HG/SS packs'. I thought he meant that set only.

It's a bit patronising of you to assume I'm not aware of Jarm's importance. If we're talking about the whole block, we lose a lot of stuff . . . Shaymin, Vileplume, Judge, Seeker, Twins, Special Metal & Dark . . .

But life (and Pokemon) goes on.

IIRC the Arceus set didn't last much longer than that.

Didn't realize that you were speaking only of the individual set itself. Not used to this change quite yet.

But assuming HS/SS gets rotated, the whole block would go with it.

---------- Post added 03/31/2012 at 09:12 PM ----------

^Mime Jr would LZ things

If that's the only thing left, then there's no point in the card being a stadium personally. :lol:

Certainly Lost Remover wouldn't do the trick.

Thirdly, if HGSS was rotated, the only major losses would be Collector and (less important) Typhlosion and Donphan. Pokegear will be replaced by Random Receiver and the other good Trainers and Cleffa were reprinted in CL. Everything else in the set isn't that good anymore.

We also lose Rainbow =/ You may have been aware that though idk. Being a Mew fan it's a little saddening to see that and Jumpluff go. Blissey is cool in Chandelure too, which I'm also a fan of. But if the whole HG:SS block gets rotated then Mew would be gone and Chandelure would be completely different. I'm just throwing those out there 'cuz they seem about as important as Typh and Donphan

I agree though the biggest loss is Collector... we have nothing quite similar for replacing it. We have Level Ball and Dual Ball but one is limited in selection, the other is flippy, they both likely only net you 1 Pokemon and they're both trainers (susceptible to trainer lock).

The return of Call Energy would be glorious, IMO (along with the original first turn rules).

People freak out a little too much about losing Collector. Both Elgyem and Emolga and perfectly fantastic replacements.

People freak out a little too much about losing Collector. Both Elgyem and Emolga and perfectly fantastic replacements.

First turns will certainly be a little different with Emolga and Elgyem than they are now.

People are worried about change I guess. They'll get used to it.

I'm thinking since it was HS-on for the last format, it's probably going to be BW-on next format. I don't think there's ever been two consecutive years where the Modified format has been started from the same set. There'd be no point in starting from CoL, since most of the actual Pokemon in that set are reprints of HS-series cards.

I'm thinking since it was HS-on for the last format, it's probably going to be BW-on next format. I don't think there's ever been two consecutive years where the Modified format has been started from the same set. There'd be no point in starting from CoL, since most of the actual Pokemon in that set are reprints of HS-series cards.

Also if you want to argue about block rotation/COL not making sense, I present to you MD-On and Power Keepers. We had 5 seasons that contained DPBlock sets(DX-on, HP-on, DP-on, DP-on2 and MD-on). Majestic Dawn was the remainders of stuff that would've been in Japan's version of Great Encounters. So had we gone to Worlds with MD-on still being the format, Japan would have to switch to a strange Half-Set format. Power Keepers was a mostly reprint set that didn't exist in Japan(except as a mail order promotion called the World Champions Pack so that Japanese players could play the cards at Worlds 2007) and somehow we kept that going after both the US and Japan rotated the sets those cards were reprinted from(like Ruby&Sapphire).

I still think they might not rotate this year. But thats my opinion.

As baby mario said, no one knows for sure, but I'm sure that we will be hearing something official about rotation soon, maybe after Regionals. If Pokemon decides to do something screwy(like CoL-on) I'm sure things will be figured out before the disconnect between Japanese Sets and the Rest of the World causes too many problems.

Back