Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is Modified dead?

Yoshi-

Just wondering, since they added formats Im not able to find opponents EVER, the game looks for opponents but nothing happens. Im just wondering since before the update about 30-40% of my opponents were playing modified legal decks, Im not too surprised that you wont always find an opponent but I havent found a single one since the update. Has this happened to anyone else or is this some kind of bug?

I couldn't find opponents until I had all my energy be the standard ones that they give you an unlimited amount of.

I did that, and sometimes it still did not find anybody.
Or maybe those people like to play unlimited?
Cause I switched to unlimited, and immediately found a game.

I use the HGSS energy's and it finds opponents. I will agree though it takes much longer than before to search for a opponent. Maybe a glitch they need to try fix in future updates.

It's just fewer people available to play. I'd rather wait a bit longer to find a match than be paired up instantly against someone running a theme deck. This game has been awesome since they introduced Modified.

I had the same issue last week and made no deck changes and this week I have had no issues. Not sure why!

The main problem was that there was a bug to do with the HS and CL Energies not working in the Modified Format, and lots of the top people in the game who have used lots of codes ran these sort of Art Energies as it makes the decks look better [For example I used a Col Energies beacuse those are the Holo Energies in game, but now I have switched to running the BW Art Set Energies]. So a lot of these people unsure how to continue on decided to Switch to Unlimited. The newer people to PTCGO in the main do not know about the Rotation in real life so choose to do Unlimited so as such there are far less opponents on Modified, and it continues in a constant downward spiral, becuase the less opponents on Modified, the more people who switch to Unlimited. Meaning there's infact quite a number of people running BW-Onwards decks on Modified. While this won't last forever and people will start switching and transitioning into Modified in the future, for now the problem of finding matches in Modified still remain.

Back