Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is my Tin Level X usable in tournaments...?

ArmoredMewtwo

I have a Tin Heatran Level X with a border alignment problem. It's definitely from the Tin, it's just that the alignment's off on the border. If need be, I can upload it for reference in a minute.

Can I still use these as long as I'm using sleeves?

((I didn't know whether to post this in the 'ask the rulings team' forum or not. o.o I've never really had this kind of problem before...))

Last edited:
Yes, please give us a scan, it would be most helpful!

It should be fine with sleeves though.

Here are the images...

8-1-200910_30_29PM.jpg

((I need a better scan of this one...))

Here's an image of the back: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j87/DarknessBehindDoors/8-1-200910_31_51PM.jpg

I'm thinking of possibly rescanning it. Notice how there's a little bit more of a silver border on one side and how part of the blue border on the back is thicker.

wow! that isn't just "a little off", that's a major centering error. my advice would be to trade it to a collector for one that isn't misaligned like that before you play with it and scratch it up. if you find someone who collects stuff like that, you could get more than just the level x out of it. as to being able to play with it legally i'm sure you could but it would have to be in opaque sleeves, but you may want to wait and see what pokepop has to say as i'm sure he'll be along shortly :)

you would not be allowed to use that with clear sleeves, as that is a marked card. Opague sleeves, should be sufficient enough to use it. Also, If your unsure, ask the HJ of the event before you register your deck, In the most extreme circumstance, they may proxy it for you to use.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. ^^

I knew it was fairly off and that I wouldn't be able to play sleeveless or with clear sleeves to start with, but I really wanted to know if I could play with the opaques. I love how weird the card is, and personally want to hold onto it, but you may be right; it might fetch me more than the Heatran if I chose to trade it.

Edit: I know this isn't the forum to ask, but, price wise, how much do you think this would fetch if I were to sell it somewhere? Figured I'd throw it in there since there seems to be some value to it from what I'm hearing.

How did you get it? Did you buy the tin or trade for it or even buy it on ebay? Just curious because even though it is real it looks as if someone cut it on purpose. I know it is the tin version as you said and from the pic but it does look odd. As everyone said if you use Opaque sleeves it should be fine in a tournament.

How did you get it? Did you buy the tin or trade for it or even buy it on ebay? Just curious because even though it is real it looks as if someone cut it on purpose. I know it is the tin version as you said and from the pic but it does look odd. As everyone said if you use Opaque sleeves it should be fine in a tournament.

I got it from a friend shortly after he got it from the tin.

If he had cut it, that would have meant that there would have been an extra part of it; it has the exact same dimensions as a normally cut card and otherwise looks fine.

Yeah, you'd be better off selling or trading that and getting a normal one.
Error cards can have wide price ranges, but for one cut that far off, I'd say $10 at least and possibly $20.

I just bought a strategy guide and it was like that

Back